Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times

Advertisements

This is the smartest thing he's said yet! I agree with him totally! What they planning to do to these heroes is atrocious! And if a GOP President is elected in November, he needs to over turn this P.C. punishment!!

Gov. Rick Perry defends Marines who urinated on corpses — Maine Politics — Bangor Daily News

Quote:
Gov. Rick Perry defends Marines who urinated on corpses

Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Sunday defended the four Marines who were depicted in a video last week urinating on the corpses of three Taliban insurgents, arguing “what’s really disturbing to me is just, kind of, the over-the-top rhetoric from this administration and their disdain for the military.”
“Obviously, 18-, 19-year-old kids make stupid mistakes all too often, and that’s what’s occurred here,” the Republican presidential candidate told Candy Crowley on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But, you know, when you’re in war, and history kind of backs (this) up — there’s a picture of General Patton doing basically the same thing in the Rhine River. And although there’s not a picture, Churchill did the same thing on the Siegfried Line.”
A 1945 photo appears to show Gen. George Patton urinating into the Rhine River in full view of his soldiers. And Winston Churchill, too, is reported to have urinated on the Siegfried Line, the German World War II defensive line. But neither man was known to have urinated on human corpses.
U.S. law and the Geneva Conventions forbid the desecration of dead bodies.
“I mean, these kids made a mistake, there’s not any doubt about it,” Perry said. “They shouldn’t have done it. It’s bad. But to call it a criminal act, I think, is over the top.”
</H1>
That urine was desecrated on those scum bag Taliban, in my opinion. We sacrifice our soldiers to please the very people who will hate us anyway!! Yes...these men need to be punished. But not with the HEAVY HAND Obama and Penetta are going to use!!

Man...this angers me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Default My guess...

Those four Marines will get some sort of Article 15 (office hours in the USMC) consequence, like a fine and maybe lose a stripe.

I'm no fan of Rick Perry. Being a Texan, I've been familiar with his lameness for years. But he's right about this one. These guys made a bad decision and if they hadn't been dumb enough to record it, no one would have ever taken notice.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That urine was desecrated on those scum bag Taliban, in my opinion. We sacrifice our soldiers to please the very people who will hate us anyway!! Yes...these men need to be punished. But not with the HEAVY HAND Obama and Penetta are going to use!!

Man...this angers me!!
What angers you? The USMC will punish them, not Obama, and I am sure whatever punishment they get won't be too harsh.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
They'll be prosecuted, spend some time in the brig, dishonorably discharged ... by the Corps.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
How are they heroes????
These poor desensitized individuals need counselling before they cycle back into society and get jobs as cops or some other position of authority where they can abuse others.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How are they heroes????
These poor desensitized individuals need counselling before they cycle back into society and get jobs as cops or some other position of authority where they can abuse others.
I think I've made it pretty clear in the past that I respect what men in the military do and I have stated in the past that incidents like these are relatively rare and aren't representative of the US armed forces in general and the US is the moral superior in the vast majority of cases.

That being said, I have little tolerance for this type of behavior and calling them "heroes" is laughable. Actually, I have contempt for the idea that someone automatically becomes a hero once they join the military. The military is pretty representative of American society as a whole (but statistically speaking it is slightly better educated, has significantly few rich people, and a few more poor people) and some Americans are scum. Not all or even most, but some of them are scumbags and not every anti-social act or moment of stupidity or outright atrocity isn't due to exhausting training or shell shock. Some people are just scum.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Oh good grief. They did a bad thing and had it not been committed to a camera or cel-phone memory chip for later posting on U-tube they'd probably simply gotten the punishment they actually deserved- -A platoon or troop sargeant getting his size 12 boot stuck right up their ***!

Let's consider for a moment what the oxymoronic details are here; we wind them up and send them over there to witness all sorts of atrocities performed by their enemies and at the young age they're at we expect them to follow all the niceties of polite warfare? Brother, is that being unrealistic or what? Those crying for their heads need a wake-up call.

If you seriously believe all young soldiers who are exposed to the horrors of this terrorist type of warfare, should be morally and maturely above such things then DON'T send them into the grinder in the first place. Save them for a nice clean war where the articles of the Geneva Convention are observed by both sides.

Leave those terrorist types of battles for the more seasoned troops who have been there, done that, seen it all. Yeah; that'll work just fine! (sic)

This isn't the last time this type of thing will happen. Get over it!

Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
These "Marines" (I hate to sully the word Marine that way) are the scum of the Earth. Lock them up and throw away they key.

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-16-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Bad move on Perry's part.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
As a solider, I don't need Old Feeble Mind to defend me. I can do so just fine on my own, thanks much. As for the Marines in question (Marines, not Soldiers), the Corps will mete out the punishment that it deems appropriate. I hope that it is harsh enough to send the message to my fellow warriors that we must conduct ourselves with the highest degree of professionalism in war and peace, but not so harsh that these young men can't, in time, recover their honor. As for Perry, that Chair Force dunce should stick to what he knows (not much) and quit pandering for votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies