Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:13 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times

Advertisements

>So it's Eddie Lapmert's fault that folks went out and spent gobs of money they didn't have? Or should Eddie Lampert have just given them all his money to begin with? I don't get your point if you have one.<

Eddie Lampert has been failing since May 2007. Here is an epic example of failing and still making gobs of money. And you dont think the deck is stacked?
Fail= gobs of money
Win= gobs of money
Imagine an airline pilot with Eddie Lamperts record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I think anyone regardless of income who spends more than they earn, who squanders their earnings or rides the cedit card high did it to themselves.
My Grandfather lived by a few rules.
1. Worth having worth saving for.
2. Good fences make for good neighbors
3. never air your laundry for the neighbors to see.
4. Always put money away for a rainy day even if its only a dollar.
naturally some things are all but impossible to do today given the cost of things.
But all still apply to some degree.
Do you really need a wide screen TV so bad that you cant save up for it?
Do you really need a new car every other year?
If you can't save up enough to put at least 20% down on a house maybe you cant afford a house or at least that house.
Finance a car more than 36 months?
If you can't afford to to put money away then you cant afford toys.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>So it's Eddie Lapmert's fault that folks went out and spent gobs of money they didn't have? Or should Eddie Lampert have just given them all his money to begin with? I don't get your point if you have one.<

Eddie Lampert has been failing since May 2007. Here is an epic example of failing and still making gobs of money. And you dont think the deck is stacked?
Fail= gobs of money
Win= gobs of money
I'm still wondering how Eddie Lampert made folks purchase items they couldn't afford. Maybe you can explain it to me again?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm still wondering how Eddie Lampert made folks purchase items they couldn't afford. Maybe you can explain it to me again?
Yes I am wondering where the gunman is that forced people to take out balloon mortgages?
Who forced all those people to max out credit cards on toys?
Who forced people to buy cars that they couldnt afford?

Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The great defeat of the formerly prosperous middle class is the way they have let their upper class enemy get them to blame themselves. The middle class did not impoverish itself it is the victim of a very carefully planned assault on their wealth. What do you thing the Housing mortgage boom and bust was all about. Why else approve tax cuts on the wealthiest? A few made billions while the victims went broke. The prosperous middle class did not suicide it was killed.
^^precisely. It was engineered by the Fed and Congress along with legislation since the 80's.

but still some stupid Americans scratching their heads and blame someone for buying an I-pad...The dumbing down is complete. Im sure these are the same posters who watch reality trash on fox.

Hank Paulson « The Burning Platform

Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 PM

The Boomers not only heeded George’s call, but they did him proud by buying 8,000 sq ft McMansions with $0 down and negative amortization ARMs. Luckily, the executives at the mortgage origination sweatshops were Boomers. They found no good reason to verify income or assets before loaning someone $600,000, because they knew their fellow Boomers at the rating agencies would rate the bundles of these toxic **** loans as AAA so the Boomers on Wall Street could sell them to greater fools. GMAC’s exemplary subprime mortgage arm – Ditech, did a bang up job getting migrant Mexican workers into $450,000 homes in California’s inland empire. As the tsunami of bad debt swept toward shore, delusional Boomers across the land borrowed $500 billion against the inflated value of their McMansions and installed granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, home theatres, elegant patios, Olympic sized pools, and with the excess home equity, leased a BMW or two. The first devastating tsunami wave hit in 2008 and wiped out billions in faux Boomer wealth.

Remember that nice little company named "Ditech"...lol. They were giving illegals 400k loans. Something wrong in THE BIG BANKING PICTURE. B of A gave billions in credit to illegals in 2006, their 30% credit card marketed as "the opportunity card". Then all the illegals defaulted. gee, time for new regulation yet??????

those who want to stick your head in the sand, have at it. I worked as ops mgr in banking, they ALL Knew what would happen here. Congress and Wall St.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
they ALL Knew what would happen here. Congress and Wall St.
And Zerohedge had a good piece on why none of the big banksters was brought to justice. Because it would open a can of worms and expose the corrupt agencies of the government for their failures.

Not going to happen on Obama's watch.

They gave us Madoff and figured we'd be happy with that.
All the big ones..not a one is behind bars.
Government agencies that didn't do their jobs ? Not a one is behind bars.

A public admonition before Congress and it's back to BAU for all involved.
Why the governnent is taking sides with banks to have their fines LOWERED.
The Fed Gov is taking sides with the banks over state AG's ..that should tell you plenty.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And Zerohedge had a good piece on why none of the big banksters was brought to justice. Because it would open a can of worms and expose the corrupt agencies of the government for their failures.

Not going to happen on Obama's watch.

They gave us Madoff and figured we'd be happy with that.
All the big ones..not a one is behind bars.
Government agencies that didn't do their jobs ? Not a one is behind bars.

A public admonition before Congress and it's back to BAU for all involved.
Why the governnent is taking sides with banks to have their fines LOWERED.
The Fed Gov is taking sides with the banks over state AG's ..that should tell you plenty.
Yep. Americans are so blatantly stupid they are happy that Madoffs in jail..

state AG's and comptrollers across the nation are still suing JPMorgan Chase and WaMu as well as others....and yes you are right it will get covered up YET AGAIN

The stupidity of anyone believing GOP and Dems havent contributed to this mess, well then you deserve four more years of this garbage.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Fail= gobs of money
Win= gobs of money

Of course its Eddie Lampert's fault. He is a financial manager and does not know how to operate the business he controls. Its exactly the problem where the credit flows to people who have no idea what they are doing.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You don't need any data as I explained. Its an observable process where wealth accumulates in some place other than production. Innovation creates wealth, storing it is best done with a tool to stake a claim on future wealth. If you don't know what to do, buy land in a good spot and sleep for 20 years.
Sorry you don't understand. When someone uses numbers as in "a few billions", that is a claim that can either supported with data of it is just a fabrication pulled out of the air.

If you want to start juvenile insults, I'll be glad to oblige. I am a master at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies