Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
He responded, see post #105. How is that "crickets"?
Perhaps because he took a thousand years to respond, hence the sound of crickets during the gap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 10:55 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Perhaps because he took a thousand years to respond, hence the sound of crickets during the gap.
I typed in my comment and couldnt post right away. Is it doing this for anyone else?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is a major problem in poor black communities due to the high crime rate. You just can't get them to locate there, because they get robbed blind and cannot sustain those kinds of losses and remain in business.
True, which is why I do not understand the black resentment of those who actually do serve those neighborhoods. Who else is going to do it?? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you (literally feeds you). Not to mention the looting and rioting...

Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The reason (hair chemicals) is a moot point. It's his property so he is free to discriminate against whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants. I don't agree with him, but it's still his right to do so.
Since a lot of people (not just you) seem to have this misconception: You are in fact, allowed to deny anyone entry to your private property for whatever reason you want. But the minute you advertise this property to the public, it is considered public accommodation and you lose those privileges.

So you can't say that your pool will accept people from the public, but not certain racial/religious groups. If you are gung-go on doing that, then you should keep it invite only.

Whether you agree with that is another thing. I personally find that it makes perfect sense.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
He posted the "crickets" AFTER the poster responded genius.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Your link isn't working for me.
Do you know the history behind why there are so many Jewish owned businesses in black neighborhoods? Many of them live in the very same neighborhoods (or did) and the Koreans moved in as the Jews moved out. 1) Why do you hate business owners in poor black neighborhoods who are not black? Who would provide these services to these neighborhoods if not for the Jews, Asians, etc.? 2) I don't understand the black resentment towards non-black business owners in their neighborhoods. Why is there such a low business ownership amongst blacks in black neighborhoods?
This is a really good article about Jewish/Korean - Black business relations. I hope you actually bother to read it.
The Free Market: Capitalism, Envy, and the Inner City
1) Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth when I obviously stated no such thing? I have no hate for those people.

2) Would you patronize businesses where the owners treated you with disdain and like an animal in a zoo? Many of these businesses offer substandard products, spoiled or rancid food and charge much higher prices. I would prefer that people in the "inner city" boycott such businesses even if they have to pull their resources and travel a greater distance to get better quality food and more humane service. Drive those people out of business.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Since a lot of people (not just you) seem to have this misconception: You are in fact, allowed to deny anyone entry to your private property for whatever reason you want. But the minute you advertise this property to the public, it is considered public accommodation and you lose those privileges.

So you can't say that your pool will accept people from the public, but not certain racial/religious groups. If you are gung-go on doing that, then you should keep it invite only.

Whether you agree with that is another thing. I personally find that it makes perfect sense.
If she broke laws, then prosecute. I don't get how a sign that says 'White Only' is advertising the property to the public unless it is in fact a public pool, which was not my understanding. What about restaurant owners that serve only one race (or exclude a race)? Are they free to deny certain groups? What about the Boy Scouts? Weren't they legally able to exclude homosexuals?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:11 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well I thought about that, and lets just go with a no trespassing sign. Will that work?
I actually think the sign was directed toward the ghetto underclass thug blacks, if it makes you feel any better and how does one determine the difference? Should she have put a sign up saying "Blacks allowed except the ghetto thug variety".
Don't you just love it when people start talking from the wrong orifice???

No where in the story does it allude to any "ghetto underclass thug blacks", yet in an failing effort to prop up a ridiculous and racist act, we now have purportedly grown people on this board labeling the girl a "ghetto underclass thug black".

Sometimes, no many times, why do the same folk come up with the stupidest statements based on a total lack of intelligence and integrity??

Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
1) Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth when I obviously stated no such thing? I have no hate for those people.

2) Would you patronize businesses where the owners treated you with disdain and like an animal in a zoo?
1) Oh, I don't know, maybe because you claim that these non-black business owners treat you (general blacks) like animals in a zoo? Maybe, just maybe that's where I got the idea that you hated non-black business owners? Maybe??

2)Hyperbole and racist opinion. If blacks truly feel that those from whom they were buying goods and services were treating them as such, they are FREE to shop elsewhere! Or, open their own damn business!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
If she broke laws, then prosecute. I don't get how a sign that says 'White Only' is advertising the property to the public unless it is in fact a public pool, which was not my understanding. What about restaurant owners that serve only one race (or exclude a race)? Are they free to deny certain groups? What about the Boy Scouts? Weren't they legally able to exclude homosexuals?
Are you really that clueless?

If a Black family is renting an apartment in the building but they are the only ones who can not access the pool because they are Black then that is illegal and illogical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies