Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Why do we have a problem with Marines peeing on them again?
I'm not particularly outraged. I figure something like this happens from time-to-time and I am certain the enemy would do the same if given the chance. Out in the middle of nowhere no one knows what's going on. It doesn't make it right but the individual they were peeing on was already dead so it's not like it was getting any worse for him. I consider akin to shooting a dead body a few more times. You're not hurting him more.

The only problem is the Marines recorded the act and the recording made its way to people who, for political reasons, had to act accordingly. At a minimum, it is a public relations nightmare.

[they should not have recorded it]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM

123 posts, read 60,653 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks that should be shipped off to Afghanistan so that they can see just how much better we are.
I second that OP! Maybe the guy they saw get fried like a piece of bacon in the roadside attack the day before bothered them? Maybe just a little?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:16 PM

174 posts, read 117,589 times
Quote:
Taliban claims it shoots down helicopter in Helmand province - Telegraph

^^^This is the reason why I don't really care that they peed on them, yes they were idiots, but the Taliban deserve much more than that.
Maybe we could stuff their bodies with bacon? No, it'd be a waste of good food.

Oh, and this is just great.
US set to resume peace talks with the Taliban - Telegraph
Thank you President Obama, and his minions for being complete pushovers.
Hey look Ma!!! I found that UGLY AMERICAN they are always talking about!!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
Maybe they still heard his screams for HELP while they were doing it?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
While I completely disagree with the OP's attitude toward this matter - after all, she'd be quite pissed (pun most definitely intended) if/when war crimes were committed against Americans - I don't think she is an ugly American. She purports to be underage, and if that is true, we should be educating her, not denigrating her.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm not particularly outraged. I figure something like this happens from time-to-time and I am certain the enemy would do the same if given the chance. Out in the middle of nowhere no one knows what's going on. It doesn't make it right but the individual they were peeing on was already dead so it's not like it was getting any worse for him. I consider akin to shooting a dead body a few more times. You're not hurting him more.

The only problem is the Marines recorded the act and the recording made its way to people who, for political reasons, had to act accordingly. At a minimum, it is a public relations nightmare.

Yes that and the fact that the dead enemy has family of whom will be hurt by seeing this. Assuming the faces of the dead weren't fuzzed out and they are recognizable to their families.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM

57,328 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

They are trying to negotiate with the Taliban and peacefully settle the war, to say that this is a public relations nightmare is a gross understatement, this will endanger our soldiers to an even greater extent. We are trying to convince the Taliban of our intentions and ethics, I don't think this will help.

I'm sure you would be equally accepting if someone did the same to one of your dead relatives, I don't think "you're not hurting them anymore" would really be your thoughts.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are trying to negotiate with the Taliban and peacefully settle the war, to say that this is a public relations nightmare is a gross understatement, this will endanger our soldiers to an even greater extent. We are trying to convince the Taliban of our intentions and ethics, I don't think this will help.

I'm sure you would be equally accepting if someone did the same to one of your dead relatives, I don't think "you're not hurting them anymore" would really be your thoughts.
How do you know they didn't? More likely MUCH worse! WWII it was ears and a KA-BAR. This time, it was taking a leak. The only difference is it was recorded live with video. It took ten...twenty years or more for the truth to come out with the KA-BAR and the dead n__s ears.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,905,095 times
Quote:
Taliban claims it shoots down helicopter in Helmand province - Telegraph

^^^This is the reason why I don't really care that they peed on them, yes they were idiots, but the Taliban deserve much more than that.
Maybe we could stuff their bodies with bacon? No, it'd be a waste of good food.

Oh, and this is just great.
US set to resume peace talks with the Taliban - Telegraph
Thank you President Obama, and his minions for being complete pushovers.
Did the Taliban run up and pee on the helicopter after it was shot down? Nobody is arguing that the Marines were right. They are my brothers and sons and I love the Marines but not even I would argue that they did right with that. All I am saying is that combat can fk your head up in ways that make you do things that others find crazy whether it is peeing on dead enemy warriors or cutting the ears off dead Vietcong and making necklaces out of them. It does not rise to the level where we need to crucify these guys.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Instead of peeing on four...shoot forty next time. That should do it! Make them all count and ignore the "pucker factor". OOH-RAH!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies