Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,050,259 times

Advertisements

Why is American politics so backwards both republican and democratic?

After reading this.

Louisiana lawmaker seeks to ban pajamas in public | news10.net-

I thought I was in the middle east !!!

It seems the US is getting much worse not better .It seems the US is in self destruct mode.

This is some thing the nazi contries or theocracy countries in the middle east would do !! Just because one man or a group of man in power will start the fashion police and waste taxpayers money taking police of the road to deal with these stupid laws that will be like drug war that does not work.

I'm sure the bad guys that do robbery , B&E ,car theft and other crime will be having a party do to even less available police on the road do to being tied up with these stupid laws , not to say the courts and jails and prisons that are exploiting do to overcrowding .

Why do Americans allow people in government with such little educations ?

This is some thing I would read in the history books of the medieval times or nazi contries or theocracy countries not the US .It is the most absurd law and goes to show the US is not that much better than the nazi contries or theocracy countries . You want freedom and democracy move to Canada or some places in Europe.

It is the same thing with all those other laws the anti-sagging pants in some cities in ths US so absurd . If the person is showing the underwear or private parts than give them a ticket but laws on anti-sagging pants or pajamas so absurd to the extreme. This is nothing more than big government becoming the fashion police now.

The Americans should not allow people in government with such little educations .

The Americans should demand the government step down for even talking about this has it is so redneck and hillbilly like these laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 01:53 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
DId it occur to you that maybe a lot of people in the South really are offended by people wearing pajamas in public and want doing that banned? A lot of politicians don't come up with doing something silly like that unless their constituents pester them to do it.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
DId it occur to you that maybe a lot of people in the South really are offended by people wearing pajamas in public and want doing that banned? A lot of politicians don't come up with doing something silly like that unless their constituents pester them to do it.
offended by waring sweatpants or pajamas ???? If any thing the person dressing too sloppy may be offended wearing this.

Not sure even how the US constitution would even allow them to legally do this .

What is next ban the hip hop look, rap look, punk look ,emo look ,gothic look ,baggy look ,hippie look so on.

Than ban junk food and go after people that are fat !! Sure sounds like nice nazi contries or like the middle east to me.

I hate the US propagada that say the US is the best country in the world and have to bring freedom and democracy to world when they them self is not that much better than the middle east .

I agree that people that show underwear or private parts should get a ticket by the cops. But sweatpants and pajamas sounds like nazi contries or like the middle east to me.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
That is the beauty of this country. There are 49 other states that you can move to that will condone the wearing of your pajamas to a night club... No problem, just move to one.

(Maybe 56 states, but I'm not sure anymore)

Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 AM

I hear Canada and China is planning on taking over the US by 2030 the US debt will be so high do to all money going into police, army ,wars and prisons that police officers and army will not have enough food to feed them self !!! The prisons and crime in US is so high in US that most people in US will kill self by 2030 do to such high crime rate.Making US take over very easy.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I hear Canada and China is planning on taking over the US by 2030 the US debt will be so high do to all money going into police, army ,wars and prisons that police officers and army will not have enough food to feed them self !!! The prisons and crime in US is so high in US that most people in US will kill self by 2030 do to such high crime rate.Making US take over very easy.
Then perhaps moving to China would be the smart move for you... Get on the inside track of the takeover.... Need any help packing??

Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,362 times
Quote:
Why is American politics so backwards both republican and democratic?

After reading this.

Louisiana lawmaker seeks to ban pajamas in public | news10.net-

I thought I was in the middle east !!!

It seems the US is getting much worse not better .It seems the US is in self destruct mode.

This is some thing the nazi contries or theocracy countries in the middle east would do !! Just because one man or a group of man in power will start the fashion police and waste taxpayers money taking police of the road to deal with these stupid laws that will be like drug war that does not work.

I'm sure the bad guys that do robbery , B&E ,car theft and other crime will be having a party do to even less available police on the road do to being tied up with these stupid laws , not to say the courts and jails and prisons that are exploiting do to overcrowding .

Why do Americans allow people in government with such little educations ?

This is some thing I would read in the history books of the medieval times or nazi contries or theocracy countries not the US .It is the most absurd law and goes to show the US is not that much better than the nazi contries or theocracy countries . You want freedom and democracy move to Canada or some places in Europe.

It is the same thing with all those other laws the anti-sagging pants in some cities in ths US so absurd . If the person is showing the underwear or private parts than give them a ticket but laws on anti-sagging pants or pajamas so absurd to the extreme. This is nothing more than big government becoming the fashion police now.

The Americans should not allow people in government with such little educations .

The Americans should demand the government step down for even talking about this has it is so redneck and hillbilly like these laws.

Not sure what country you are from, but that is how it works here....There are Federal laws, State laws, and local laws governing everyone of us. If the people of his Parrish/Council disagree, it will not pass.....Easy as that....Find it amusing you included the terms, "redneck" and "hillbilly" for Mr. Williams actions, as those are generally reserved for white people....Mr. Williams is black....guess in your world, he is considered an "Uncle Tom" then?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Then perhaps moving to China would be the smart move for you... Get on the inside track of the takeover.... Need any help packing??
Hay freightshaker that was a sarcastic joke !!! I don't want to sound too anti-Amarican but thats face it.

In Canada and Europe we do not have such high crime rate like the US or high prison population . The government is soft on crime and drugs is a slap on the wrist and there is talk on legalizing Marijuana.

The police are no where like the US.Yet we are not even close to social problems US has or have gun culture like the US.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Not sure what country you are from, but that is how it works here....There are Federal laws, State laws, and local laws governing everyone of us. If the people of his Parrish/Council disagree, it will not pass.....Easy as that....Find it amusing you included the terms, "redneck" and "hillbilly" for Mr. Williams actions, as those are generally reserved for white people....Mr. Williams is black....guess in your world, he is considered an "Uncle Tom" then?
In Canada and Europe only rednecks and hillbillys would do that.And there lots of talk of rednecks and hillbillys in deep south in US.

The State laws, and local laws governing everyone do have laws but there are also US constitution laws .

Old 01-17-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Hay freightshaker that was a sarcastic joke !!! I don't want to sound too anti-Amarican but thats face it.

In Canada and Europe we do not have such high crime rate like the US or high prison population . The government is soft on crime and drugs is a slap on the wrist and there is talk on legalizing Marijuana.

The police are no where like the US.Yet we are not even close to social problems US has or have gun culture like the US.
Me? Sarcasm? Never!!!!!
I don't know where you are from, but I can tell you that wherever it is, I would not trade what I have here for what you have. I can't speak for all Americans, but I believe that most would share that sentiment. Do we have our problems? Yes as do you. There is no perfect system, no perfect society. Ours has served us well over the time we have been a nation and although we have our shortcomings, I believe it will continue to serve us well... I don't expect you to understand that, but, you don't have to.. Be content and stay where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies