Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Does Beck even have any African-American staff members?
Why don't you subscribe to GBTV if you are interested in the diversity of his staff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 05:58 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
I guarantee you that we haven't heard the whole story yet. We will find out later that the victim said some nasty things to the kids as he walked by them. Probably called them the n word or told them to go back to Africa and they retaliated.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
I'm ashamed for these kids' parents.
Hopefully they are caught and given the same treatment in a juvenile detention center that they gave the old man.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:08 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I guarantee you that we haven't heard the whole story yet. We will find out later that the victim said some nasty things to the kids as he walked by them. Probably called them the n word or told them to go back to Africa and they retaliated.
So that's how you respond when someone's an ******* to you? Christ, I should whip out the shotgun every time someone cuts me off on the highway following that logic

Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
So that's how you respond when someone's an ******* to you? Christ, I should whip out the shotgun every time someone cuts me off on the highway following that logic
I'm not saying that what the kids did was right. They should still be arrested and charged with attempted murder. I'm just saying we have not heard the whole story.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Aww nuts; it's just as conceivable he said nothing at all to them as this guy is an old dude and any one of us of his age group knows full well you stifle your lip and don't even make eye contact with any group of ethinic young people at night-time.

Believe me when I say these little thugs were out 'hanging' talking trash talk about how tough life is and how they're ready to rumble and along comes a helpless old phart; et-voila! Beat down!

Little ****s need a posse of vets to visit their parents and talk some trash to them.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:34 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
Telling White America to wake up isn't racism its realism. Learn the difference before getting diarrhea of the mouth.I mean if you choose we can toss some statistics out from the FBI who keeps track of crimes and the race of the victim or victims and the perpetrator or perpetrators.
Absolutely let's share, let's use the most recent data...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...2010-offenders

Quote:
In 2010, the races of the 6,008 known hate crime offenders were as follows:
  • 58.6 percent were white.
  • 18.4 percent were black.
  • 8.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
  • 1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
  • 1.0 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
  • 12.0 percent were of unknown race.

Talk about diarrhea of the mouth...diarrhea of the truth and facts.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM

232 posts, read 152,042 times
It might help if they would charge blacks with hate crimes when its obvious they attacked white folks because of race. They charge whites with hate crime whenever they attack or get into a fight with a non white person because the system is corrupt and racist.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I personally am disgusted by this. It's a shame. The boys in the video look to be between 12-15. They are young, dumb and think this is funny. Attacking anyone is a terrible offense, but to target the elderly? Honestly, I'm not sure what to say. It all seems so hopeless sometimes.

I will say that as a black person it's difficult to participate in threads like these on C-D. While I agree that this is horrendous and something needs to be done, I can't continue to support your position if you begin to go on a racist tirade.
I am glad to hear you speak up. It is ridiculous to include any judgement based on race in these conversations. People who would pull a stunt like this are not a normal part of the human race - regardless of their ancestry.

No punishment is too harsh for them if you ask me.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I personally am disgusted by this. It's a shame. The boys in the video look to be between 12-15. They are young, dumb and think this is funny. Attacking anyone is a terrible offense, but to target the elderly? Honestly, I'm not sure what to say. It all seems so hopeless sometimes.

I will say that as a black person it's difficult to participate in threads like these on C-D. While I agree that this is horrendous and something needs to be done, I can't continue to support your position if you begin to go on a racist tirade.

If it helps, I don't give a damned what color your skin is - but I do like the content of your character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies