Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Racist, racism; has no place in this thread. Who brings that to the table? Young punks could just have easily targeted one of their own ethnicity of an age so as to guarantee compliance and superiority over their victim.

Would you all prefer it to have been a crime without disparities of race or ethnicity? How about the elderly cleaning lady returning home. A successful businessman using public transport. A single mother with child at her side.

OR: The poor guy with Tuorette's syndrom given to uncontrollable outbursts who missed his ride and must now resort to public transport to get home. Would you then accuse him too of being a racist in disguise who "dissed" these little a**h***s?

What is wrong with this picture? It's not about the race it's about the CRIME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
Hmmmm......maybe if there was a bounty placed on these vermin to be brought in either whole or in pieces and posters were sent to all the homeless Vets and local VFW's....Hmmm...........

Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I guarantee you that we haven't heard the whole story yet. We will find out later that the victim said some nasty things to the kids as he walked by them. Probably called them the n word or told them to go back to Africa and they retaliated.
>>> Are you serious? How can you project hate like that into the victim of such a brutal and senseless act like that?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
1. It'd still be pretty damned despicable considering the injuries sustained. 6-on-1 odds when the victim is comparatively defenseless? The guy is lucky those kids didn't kill him (accidentally or purposely). Random act of violence. The fact that he's a 64-year-old veteran is a fairly extraneous detail.
2. There's nothing in any article I've seen about this about the guy being homeless, just that he was meeting his wife at a bus stop... which leads me to believe that
3. Once again, you're posting without even looking at the material presented. Are you contrary just to be contrary or is there another reason behind that?
Yeah, I don't bother when the emotional bs comes out that because the person is a veteran that it's a more heinous crime than it would be for any other person.
Vets are NOT any more special than any other person.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:02 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I always think it's funny how Beck selectively reports. A bunch of black kids beat up a vet OMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! A bunch of white kids lure an Asian kid with a girl, beat him up, and tape themselves while ranting racist crap and there isn't a single post.

Hahahahahaha!
A bunch of Asian kids who think they are black. "Arraignment for six of the youths had to wait until a Cantonese interpreter could arrive".

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 01-20-2012 at 07:10 AM..

Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 AM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
We are. The (liberal) ones that aren't waking up can enrich their lives with tolerance & diversity at their own risk. I live in Philly, but I live in the suburbs to escape the warzone that plagues a lot of areas in the city. It's a shame, Philly used to be a great city. As did Detroit. As did Mephis. As did Los Angeles. As did Chicago. Etc., etc., etc.
Maybe the should bring Nicky Scarfo back to straighten out these little hoods

Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
I always think it's funny how Beck selectively reports. A bunch of black kids beat up a vet OMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! A bunch of white kids lure an Asian kid with a girl, beat him up, and tape themselves while ranting racist crap and there isn't a single post.

Hahahahahaha!
It does not fit into their agenda

Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:

Hahahahahaha!
Of course you had to turn this into a racial and partisan issue. How deep does the sickness go?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM

419 posts, read 365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Wake up white America
And do what exactly?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, I don't bother when the emotional bs comes out that because the person is a veteran that it's a more heinous crime than it would be for any other person.
Vets are NOT any more special than any other person.
Vets are seen in a different light when there is a war going on, and they are dying on the battlefield. Sorry if this bothers you or does not sit well with your prejudices and ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies