Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times

Advertisements

To know them is to dislike them. When the tea party first came on the scene in 20009 their disapproval was around 25%. Three years later their disapproval has doubled.

Quote:
Fully half of Americans oppose the tea party political movement, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, and “strong” opponents outnumber strong supporters by a 2 to 1 margin.
Tea party opposed by half of Americans - Behind the Numbers - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
That number sounds a little low to be honest. There aren't too many democrats or Republicans who actually take the Tea Party seriously.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
I am glad people are finally seeing what us intelligent people knew all along.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
That number sounds a little low to be honest. There aren't too many democrats or Republicans who actually take the Tea Party seriously.
I agree, I thought their opposition would be much higher.

Still, their strong supporters are very small, like 13%, which is the same percentage of mentally and morally deficient Americans.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I agree, I thought their opposition would be much higher.

Still, their strong supporters are very small, like 13%, which is the same percentage of mentally and morally deficient Americans.

I also agree. I expected a 1/3 to 2/3 split against the Tea Party Movement. Americans love to steal from the next generation. Just look at our recent history and you'll see convincing evidence of that. We have record deficits and record spending, but it is hardly mentioned in the press and few people really care. By contrast, if we taxed multimillionaires the way we steal from our kids, the streets would fill with rioters. If we cut off the welfare pimps who take home $5K/mo without a job, the society might just collapse.

Stealing from those too young to vote is a very different matter. The vast majority of Americans love having artificially low taxes and lots of great benefits. That a group would rise up in opposition to this generational thievery seems unAmerican to the majority who suck the tit of government.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Does anyone even care about the Tea Party anymore? I think most Americans saw through the movement's motivations pretty quickly.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Well enough liked it when elections came around last year at the state levels.
Making change at the local/state level is a good place to start.
Remember Tea Party stood for "Taxed Enough Already" and what better place to attack increasing taxes than you local/state level ?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
I still cannot understand why people have an issue with the Tea Party and its original message. As pointed out by the Happy Texan, it was a movement to speak out against high taxes and irresponsible spending. The Democrats got elected and acted like kids in a candy store and just wanted to spend spend spend. We see where policies like that and the lack of any form of budget have gotten us. The biggest enemy of the Teap Party has been the misinformation spread about it via the MSM and the extreme leftists.

So is anyone really against having responsible elected officials who spend money wisely?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:15 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Most people didn't have a problem with their original message. I think most people agreed with the sentiment. However, the "movement" quickly turned out to be more about "let's destroy President Obama" than doing anything meaningful to reform taxes or do anything else substantive. Furthermore, the constant promotion of the Tea Party by Fox News belied how closely it was actually tied to the GOP.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,299 times
Boil down the Tea Party and all you have is a spoke of the Republican wheel! NO I am not a Demoncrat either just a awake, informed, citizen and Patriot. I went to a local Tea Party event and in my truck windshield and windows I was exercising my 1st Amendment right to share info. I was parked at least 100 feet from their designated area at the local Hardee's and was verbally accosted and threatened with violence by one of the TP'ers. Yes not all of these poor souls is like that but the leader of the event also came over and ranting about how he basically agreed with this nutcase then asked me to leave a public parking lot! And their darling Queen Palin is just another slave of the NWO - search Palin and Henry Kissinger and then see all the NWO Org.'s Henry K is in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies