Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

It appears that the EPA and and other regulating agencies of our government will use various methods to throw fear into people. Lisa Jackson recently told a committee of Congress that they have no proof that fracking is causing some of the problems they report and just a short time later they went after an operation in Wyoming.

As a candidate for President, Obama pledged that good science would guide policy in his Administration, but his actions belie his words. He says he's for jobs and for economic recovery, yet he dithers on approval of the Keystone Pipeline. Obama claims that, "Last year…oil production from federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico reached an all-time time high," but his own energy department reports production in the Gulf is down by 300,000 barrels per day after his misguided moratorium. He spews the radical left's lie that "we only have 2 percent" of the world's energy reserves when numerous government and independent reports prove America has vast resources if only our government would let them be harvested.

My dad often warned me about people who "would say one thing, but do another." That's the kind of President and Administration that is in Washington now. So, if you heard Barack Obama last month at a press conference say that his administration is "all in" for domestic energy production; believe just the opposite. Expect more debilitating, delaying, costly regulation. Expect more federal land and off-shore reserves to be put off-limits. Expect more "sloppy" reports like Pavillion designed to move a political agenda. And, expect billions more of borrowed dollars to be squandered on false green-gods like Solyndra in order to mollify and reward his political cronies. This isn't about science, and it isn't about good government. It's just politics; Obama style.

Fracking: The Radical Left's Latest Weapon of Fear - Bob Beauprez - Townhall Finance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Ever hear of the Occam's Razor Postulate, Roy? Look it up. You like to do that. Then, after understanding its premise, should that be possible, defend your obvious defense of a practice as uneccessary as fracking.

H (wondering if practices like fracking, deep sea oil drilling, steam pressure assisted oil drilling, and shale mining indicate that there are abundant oil and natural gas supplies left in the earth or instead indicate the need to get a clue and explore alternative energy sources.... )

Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Yeah, what could possible go wrong with pumping toxic chemicals into the ground. The same ground many people get their drinking water.

EPA to Deliver Water to Dimock's Carter Road - WNEP (http://www.wnep.com/wnep-susq-epa-to-deliver-water-to-dimocks-carter-road-20120119,0,2252333.story - broken link)

Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It appears that the EPA and and other regulating agencies of our government will use various methods to throw fear into people. Lisa Jackson recently told a committee of Congress that they have no proof that fracking is causing some of the problems they report and just a short time later they went after an operation in Wyoming.

As a candidate for President, Obama pledged that good science would guide policy in his Administration, but his actions belie his words. He says he's for jobs and for economic recovery, yet he dithers on approval of the Keystone Pipeline. Obama claims that, "Last year…oil production from federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico reached an all-time time high," but his own energy department reports production in the Gulf is down by 300,000 barrels per day after his misguided moratorium. He spews the radical left's lie that "we only have 2 percent" of the world's energy reserves when numerous government and independent reports prove America has vast resources if only our government would let them be harvested.

My dad often warned me about people who "would say one thing, but do another." That's the kind of President and Administration that is in Washington now. So, if you heard Barack Obama last month at a press conference say that his administration is "all in" for domestic energy production; believe just the opposite. Expect more debilitating, delaying, costly regulation. Expect more federal land and off-shore reserves to be put off-limits. Expect more "sloppy" reports like Pavillion designed to move a political agenda. And, expect billions more of borrowed dollars to be squandered on false green-gods like Solyndra in order to mollify and reward his political cronies. This isn't about science, and it isn't about good government. It's just politics; Obama style.

Fracking: The Radical Left's Latest Weapon of Fear - Bob Beauprez - Townhall Finance
How about doing some reading. I just finished the book "End of Country" that accurately discusses a first hand account of fracking the marcellus shale in Pennsylvania. Drinking water contamination from fracking is a reality.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Here is a link to a flammable tap water study.

Scientific Study Links Flammable Drinking Water to Fracking - ProPublica

We are foolishly allowing energy men to destroy our drinking water in the name of quick profits. Remember the secret energy policy meetings early in bush II first term? They laid the ground work for this back then.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ever hear of the Occam's Razor Postulate, Roy? Look it up. You like to do that. Then, after understanding its premise, should that be possible, defend your obvious defense of a practice as uneccessary as fracking.

H (wondering if practices like fracking, deep sea oil drilling, steam pressure assisted oil drilling, and shale mining indicate that there are abundant oil and natural gas supplies left in the earth or instead indicate the need to get a clue and explore alternative energy sources.... )
If you had viewed the suggested link you may have found that fracking has been going on for several decades and maybe the system is better now than when it began. You may even have seen some arguments of the Wyoming regulatory people concerning what Lisa Jackson is attempting these days. Why would I want to do your digging for information when you refuse to read my link and then discuss it? You go first since I suggested first and then I will do what you want me to do. You have to prove that you have some knowledge of the link though.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yeah, what could possible go wrong with pumping toxic chemicals into the ground. The same ground many people get their drinking water.

EPA to Deliver Water to Dimock's Carter Road - WNEP (http://www.wnep.com/wnep-susq-epa-to-deliver-water-to-dimocks-carter-road-20120119,0,2252333.story - broken link)
I don't know but you are not discussing the link I posted so I won't attempt to answer you other than to tell you that you might want to read about your very topic in the article. Quite a bit of it is about the Wyoming drinking water and the EPA's attempt to show something they couldn't show.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
How about doing some reading. I just finished the book "End of Country" that accurately discusses a first hand account of fracking the marcellus shale in Pennsylvania. Drinking water contamination from fracking is a reality.
How about you read my link about the drinking water of a small Wyoming town and what didn't cause their water to be bad? My link is shorter than your book.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Here is a link to a flammable tap water study.

Scientific Study Links Flammable Drinking Water to Fracking - ProPublica

We are foolishly allowing energy men to destroy our drinking water in the name of quick profits. Remember the secret energy policy meetings early in bush II first term? They laid the ground work for this back then.
Your link isn't any easier for me to read than mine is for you and mine has been on the board longer than yours has. You didn't go off looking for that link without even looking at mine did you?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Roy... some of us can think for ourselves. I don't need a LINK to tell me that fracking isn't a best practice and since not, why do it. You don't either. You pre-date the World Wide Web by several decades kindly explain this LINK obsession. If your scale says you still weigh 185lbs but you cannot fit into any of your clothes do you think that your scale is broken or that all your pants somehow shrunk two sizes in the space of a week? I am sure LINKS can be found to justify continuing to use DDT on crops or Dioxin or fluorocarbon refrigerants. LINKS can be found that claim that natural gas resources are unending and that oil is constantly being created deep underground. LINKS can be found that claim that not only is fracking harmful to groundwater potability but that enough millions of gallons of fracking liquid pumped into areas that weren't intended to have liquid pumped into them can destabilize those areas and promote earthquakes. Here's my question, Roy... at what point does it cease being "natural gas"? At what point does the level of technology and/or effort to obtain oil or "natural" gas become unreasonable?

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies