Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Poor Liar in Chief, Jay Carney gets another question he can't handle. Watch him answer the question and find out, IMO, whether there is indeed a picture of Saul Alinsky hanging in the White House. I say he hedged and hedged and then admitted that the answer should be yes.

That guy from Fox is making life for Carney very tough lately.

Fox News Ed Henry Asks Jay Carney if Barack Obama Displays Saul Alinsky Portrait in White House | Video | TheBlaze.com

Well OP, thanks to this obsession of yours, I learned something today. I learned that FOX and The Blaze and all of the other outlets that single-mindedly focus on single issues are the biggest followers of Alinsky out there.

Puts lots of things into perspective for me, not least of which is the likelihood that some are just afraid that the president might start using their playbook.

Come Saturday Morning: Why the Professional Right is Obsessed with Alinsky | Firedoglake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I got a kick out of watching him squirm. The reporter should have also asked him if Alinsky's, "Rules for Radicals," which praises Lucifer was included on the Reading List for the Students for Obama program.
Did you read the book?

I guess it was just awful when Alinsky forced the city to pick up trash in the poor neighborhoods the same number of times a week they picked up in the rich neighborhoods.

Imagine the nerve of those poor people...wanting their trash picked up!!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did you read the book?

I guess it was just awful when Alinsky forced the city to pick up trash in the poor neighborhoods the same number of times a week they picked up in the rich neighborhoods.

Imagine the nerve of those poor people...wanting their trash picked up!!
Oh wow....Big list of items you got there, never mind that Alinsky was a communist.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
I suspect there is "A Portrait of Saul Alinsky" in the WH. It's book, but I can see why the RWers are confused, they don't do books.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suspect there is "A Portrait of Saul Alinsky" in the WH. It's book, but I can see why the RWers are confused, they don't do books.
especially not racially motivated class warfare Communist books!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,526 times
Quote:
Poor Liar in Chief, Jay Carney gets another question he can't handle. Watch him answer the question and find out, IMO, whether there is indeed a picture of Saul Alinsky hanging in the White House. I say he hedged and hedged and then admitted that the answer should be yes.

That guy from Fox is making life for Carney very tough lately.

Fox News Ed Henry Asks Jay Carney if Barack Obama Displays Saul Alinsky Portrait in White House | Video | TheBlaze.com
Wow, so we know that the first BO Christmas had at least one of their Christmas trees adorned with a Mao ornament, and now we have a picture of Alinsky in the white House?
Boggles the mind to ponder what else is in OUR White House besides those two.

Oh! it has made news when past First ladies redecorated our house. Hmm.....more red to honor Communist China? It's a good guess~

Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,829,092 times
Why did defendant Obama return the Churchill bust and opt for Alinsky?

Here it is in Churchill's own words...

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

-- Sir Winston Churchill (The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50 [London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1899]).

Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh wow....Big list of items you got there, never mind that Alinsky was a communist.
Damn! I guess I'm a radical/communist, also!
I live on a dead end street and the trash truck driver gets lazy sometimes and doesn't bother to pick up my trash. I call the township and complain! Sometimes I form a group of like-minded residents and go to township meetings and we all speak our opinions on whatever the township wants to do! Oh, MY, I'm a community organizer!!!

Oh, and BTW, it wasn't my intention to make a 'big list' of items.

So, I guess no one who calls Alinsky a communist read any of his books, right?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
here..
Migod and look at the two inhabitants of that room at the time. I had never noticed that picture in the picture. So there sure is a portrait of the head community organizer right there. From now on I will know when Carney is avoiding the truth.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Migod and look at the two inhabitants of that room at the time. I had never noticed that picture in the picture. So there sure is a portrait of the head community organizer right there. From now on I will know when Carney is avoiding the truth.
How will you know when you can't even tell that's a faked picture? LOL
Gullible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies