Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The issue isn't Jan Brewer the issue is the disaster Obama. BTW we will see who wins November won't we?
Yes we will.

The Associated Press: Upbeat and on a roll, Obama showing some swagger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:33 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's now, it's 9+ months to go without his opponent chosen yet.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yeah, cause jokes about beating women are a real knee slapper.
Unless you are planning to entertain the Taliban, you might want to work on your comedy routine. Those "jokes" don't fly so well here. Well, at least not with most people. Apparently they are hilarious to the other libs on this thread.
You might want to look at what your fellow conservatives say about women in all of the anti-choice threads before you make any comments.
Hopefully, you'll be quite unhappy about it.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
No, they made a snuff film about him.
What a blatant lie.
Who made a snuff film about Bush?
Liberals in the US? Really...
Try again, a little truth might be refreshing.
Feh.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
This was a receiving line for goodness sake.

A Governor of any state should know that one does not engage in a long conversation. You say welcome to Arizona, and the person who just got off the plane moves on down the line. It is rude to everybody else in the line to get into a long winded conversation.

Why did she pick that time to hand the POTUS an invitation. She could have mailed it or picked up the phone at any time.

It was her intention to start a zheet storm.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
A foreigner's assessment of correct behaviour:

She wrote a book, part of which he objected to relating to meetings they've had before.

His 'anti-Arizona illegal legislation position' has been made public by his press secretary and further bolstered by the W/H court challenge.

Is the place to discuss your chagrin at a chapter in a book on the tarmac immediately after touch down while being greeted by the governor of the state?

Knowing your position has been diametricly opposed to the states proposed legislation and further declaring your objection publicly with a supreme court challenge; would the time to discuss a book chapter be the first few seconds of a "Welcome to Az" exchange.

He attempted to control and admonish that lady with obvious body language suggesting he is patronizing her in the extreme! Where I come from you don't assume to touch someone on the arm, especially a lady, unless invited to do so! He resorts to this touchy feely crap as a furtherance of his "I'm a very nice guy; here let me touch you and you'll naturally fall under my spell and behave like a good little house-wife should and be intimidated by my very presence, now about that book of yours where you refer to me in a less than flattering and worshipful manner".

He got what he deserved! He was rude in the extreme for raising the issue of the book and his attempt to admonish her in a very public place at a welcoming ceremony which backfired with her having every right to stick her finger up his nose; THAT'S HIS HAND ON HER ARM PEOPLE!

He thought he could control the conversation BECAUSE she'd be too intimidated by his presence in a public setting to object or respond negatively and he got his hat handed to him. GOOD ON YA' JAN!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
He's an embarrassment.

He did the same thing to Bobby Jindal.

He cannot stand to not be loved.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
I know that it's fashionable for Republicans to be angry these days, but most Americans don't appreciate this type of behavior.

NBC Politics - Arizona governor, Obama in 'tense' exchange over book
Quote:
"I felt a little bit like I was being lectured to, and I was a little kid in a classroom, if you will, and he was this wise professor and I was this little kid, and this little kid knows what the problem is and I felt minimized to say the least."
This would be the problem with Tea women. They seem to harbor the delusion the world exists to emotionally validate them. Narcissism attributed to hippies is by far more common among Tea. Ms Oblivious award goes to...

Old 01-26-2012, 05:48 AM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
I'd like to see Jan Brewer run for President against Obama. Gee, I wonder who would win...
I'd like to see Barack fight Michelle. I wonder who would win?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
I'd like to see Barack fight Michelle. I wonder who would win?
My money is on moochelle.

First of all, she has a lot of anger....secondly, she outweighs him by at least 100 lbs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies