Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
She wasn't the one who rudely turned her back and walked away, on the other person while they were still talking.

No, she was the one who rudely put her finger in someone's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words...if it were reversed, what would the consensus be?
Well. I think we know what the answer would be.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I don't think this is any different then the way Obama treats the other women in his admin.

A new book by a Pulitzer Prize–winning reporter quotes former White House communications director Anita Dunn saying that the Obama White House “fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”

And Christina Romer, who served as Obama’s chair of the Council of Economic Advisors until last year, apparently told the author that she “felt like a piece of meat” after another economic advisor kept her out of an important meeting. When I first read these explosive claims, I have to admit I thought, “Not in Obama’s White House.”

Is The Obama White House A “Hostile Workplace To Women”?
Nice try...what she really said was:

Quote:
“I remember once I told Valerie that, I said if it weren’t for the president, this place would be in court for a hostile workplace,” Dunn is heard telling Suskind. “Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”
Friction over women’s role in Obama White House was intense - The Washington Post

Putting your finger in someone's face is disrespectful. Had it been the other way around, they right would be trying to charge him with assault.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of all the things he could be upset about it......it's about obama, 24/7, 365.
I have to say I am quite amused by the governor characterizing the president as being 'thin-skinned' when it was she who took the time to commit to paper her alleged bad treatment at the earlier meeting.

And notice how she continued to tried to get mileage out of this?

I think the lady doth protest too much.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:46 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have heard Gov. Brewer's side of this story two times today and she says that she tried to hand him a handwritten note about all the improvements in the economy of Arizona and he refused to look at it but attacked her about being a liar reporting about how he treated her in their White House meeting. Now somebody is lying about that day and somehow after listening to her this morning and knowing what did happen when he, as she said "lectured" her in the WH I am going with her. In Phoenix he walked away from her while they were having their "tense" discussion.

I wonder what his side of the story she told about him never getting closer to that border that he calls under control than Phoenix would be. I wish it would be reported but if Fox doesn't do it we won't hear about it till The Blaze gets ahold of the story.
1) You are going with her because you support her policies regardless of the latest facts. That doesn't make her right and/or Obama wrong - you were not there.
2) That being said, in life everybody sees things differently. Both are probably saying what they believe to be true.
3) Obama being thin skinned is really a compliment...
4) Beyond the personal differences (she is old and ugly, he has big ears) the situation is bad. It is the federal government's duty to take care of illegal immigration, yet for 40 yeas they did very little. Arizona responded with their laws out of frustration and despair. That should be seen as the biggest criticism of Obama's administration. And they still refuse to really address the problem.
5) Even if you are democrat you cannot ignore Obama's failure dealing with illegal immigration.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I have to say I am quite amused by the governor characterizing the president as being 'thin-skinned' when it was she who took the time to commit to paper her alleged bad treatment at the earlier meeting.

And notice how she continued to tried to get mileage out of this?

I think the lady doth protest too much.

No, no Tiger you got it half right...

On one side of her mouth she said he was thin-skinned, then on the other side she said she felt threatened.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No, no Tiger you got it half right...

On one side of her mouth she said he was thin-skinned, then on the other side she said she felt threatened.
LOL.
She really is the classic 'victim.'

Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Obama downplays Brewer confrontation - KTAR.com

Quote:
Brewer has been enjoying a lot of press coverage for both her and her book, which saw a 200,000 percent increase in sales, due to the tense moment and Obama seemed to intimate that the governor may have had ulterior motives.
"It's always good publicity for a Republican if they're in an argument with me," said Obama.
Obama blamed the media for taking a small issue and splashing it across websites and newspapers.
"I think this is a classic example of things getting blown out of proportion," he said.
While some could argue that is the case, Brewer came out shortly after the incident and said Obama was "thin-skinned" and his attitude surprised her.
"I was a bit taken aback by his stance and his attitude," the governor said. "I tried to listen and tried to be respectful to him." When asked flat-out if he was tense during the meeting, Obama first attempted to laugh it off but, when pressed, responded with a firm "no."

Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The contrast is amazing. Brewer tried to milk the situation for everything, and Obama basically said it was no big deal. Class versus no class. Obama with all his faults does often portray more dignity than his detractors

Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The contrast is amazing. Brewer tried to milk the situation for everything, and Obama basically said it was no big deal. Class versus no class. Obama with all his faults does often portray more dignity than his detractors
You know, the haters always try to portray President Obama as being all these awful things (like narcissistic, which I don't see at all) but he always seems to me to handle situations like this with much grace and dignity.

And when you think about all the ABUSE he's taken, and all the SCRUTINY he's been under, more than any other president in our history, I think he handles it all amazingly well.

Brewer is the one out there, being shrill and accusing him of crap, while President Obama is just trying to get past it without being critical of her at all.

Good job, Mr. President!

OBAMA 2012 !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies