Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So?
Embarrasing, yes most of your posts are very embarrasing, for you, you just don't know it.
You really could care less huh? Awesome. Just Awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You really could care less huh? Awesome. Just Awesome!
Yes, I could not care less. What does something another person is dealing with have to do with the President? I will help you, NOTHING. By your logic every time a Repub does something it reflects on all Repubs, do you Really want to go there?
FYI, what someone may owe in taxes is none of my or your business unless it is you that is planning on paying them.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,247,004 times
I do not appreciate attacks on my party's President of the United States of America when the opposing party is just as "guilty" of the same attack. So, let me level the playing field. 600+ members of Congress owe $9+ million (both parties). Department of Homeland Security 4,000+ people owe $37+ million (established under the opposing party's administration, so both parties work there).

Also, as to salary increases, President Barack Obama's own top White House staff's salaries have been frozen since he took office, and a year later, he froze salaries of more than 2 million Federal employees. And keep in mind, back taxes can happen when the IRS is reviewing a tax return and, for example, makes inquiry about various write-offs, and even though the IRS may be incorrect, the term for these inquiry funds is back taxes, which are taxes possibly owed in the same year as they are filed. DELINQUENT taxes are those that are found to be unpaid from previous year(s).

Please, folks, I can appreciate the political atmosphere the radical right has created because it's an election year, but does that mean that WE, THE PEOPLE have to act like the "clown" the OP accused our President of being? I wonder, did the OP graduate MAGNA cumlaude from Harvard Law School recently? The President did. If you've ever met a Harvard Law School grad (remember Michael Crichton?), they not only automatically receive respect because of their caliber of sophistication and intellect, but THEY in turn respect those around them. I have NEVER heard the President call anyone a "clown." However, he does make a very fine joke about the Republicans and how the economy tanked during the Bush Administration's last years. It goes something like this:

Think of the economy as a car that has been driven into the ditch by the Republicans. So, the Democrats get down into the ditch, and they push and they shove that car, they dig and they pull, whilst the Republicans stand around on the roadside and do nothing. So, after a couple hours, the Democrats finally get the car out of the ditch. That's when the Republicans approach them and say, "We'll take the car keys now." The keys!?! They don't know how to drive! I'm not giving them the keys!

And just in case anyone thinks the economy is not doing better under the Obama Administration, just about every economic indicator around says for the last couple years, the economy has been steadily improving. Yes, more jobs have been created than lost, less people are unemployed and the unemployment rate has dropped, less people have applied for unemployment benefits... the list goes on. Actually, the economy would have improved at a faster rate if only the Republicans had not adopted en masse the strategy of "Just Say No" to every Democratic bill that came thru the Senate by misusing the fillibuster, and just before midterm elections, a historic number of bills were shelved, more than 400, and many of those had to do with job creation, not to mention veteran assistance. And yet the Republicans ran on the platform of job creation. So, since the economy seems to be the big deal around town, please, don't call the President down on the carpet and expect anyone to be the least bit interested. I could care less what the OP had to present in his post.

But there are Independents out there that have not made up their minds on who to vote for this election year for President. And I simply did not want them to walk away thinking President Barack Obama was in some way a "clown" on account of some back taxes.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Have you ever dealt with the IRS? Working as a public accountant in the past (now executive), I can tell you that it takes A GOOD amount of time before the IRS files notices like this. So you either have to be lazy or ignorant to not take care of "back" taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
I do not appreciate attacks on my party's President of the United States of America when the opposing party is just as "guilty" of the same attack. So, let me level the playing field. 600+ members of Congress owe $9+ million (both parties). Department of Homeland Security 4,000+ people owe $37+ million (established under the opposing party's administration, so both parties work there).

Also, as to salary increases, President Barack Obama's own top White House staff's salaries have been frozen since he took office, and a year later, he froze salaries of more than 2 million Federal employees. And keep in mind, back taxes can happen when the IRS is reviewing a tax return and, for example, makes inquiry about various write-offs, and even though the IRS may be incorrect, the term for these inquiry funds is back taxes, which are taxes possibly owed in the same year as they are filed. DELINQUENT taxes are those that are found to be unpaid from previous year(s).

Please, folks, I can appreciate the political atmosphere the radical right has created because it's an election year, but does that mean that WE, THE PEOPLE have to act like the "clown" the OP accused our President of being? I wonder, did the OP graduate MAGNA cumlaude from Harvard Law School recently? The President did. If you've ever met a Harvard Law School grad (remember Michael Crichton?), they not only automatically receive respect because of their caliber of sophistication and intellect, but THEY in turn respect those around them. I have NEVER heard the President call anyone a "clown." However, he does make a very fine joke about the Republicans and how the economy tanked during the Bush Administration's last years. It goes something like this:

Think of the economy as a car that has been driven into the ditch by the Republicans. So, the Democrats get down into the ditch, and they push and they shove that car, they dig and they pull, whilst the Republicans stand around on the roadside and do nothing. So, after a couple hours, the Democrats finally get the car out of the ditch. That's when the Republicans approach them and say, "We'll take the car keys now." The keys!?! They don't know how to drive! I'm not giving them the keys!

And just in case anyone thinks the economy is not doing better under the Obama Administration, just about every economic indicator around says for the last couple years, the economy has been steadily improving. Yes, more jobs have been created than lost, less people are unemployed and the unemployment rate has dropped, less people have applied for unemployment benefits... the list goes on. Actually, the economy would have improved at a faster rate if only the Republicans had not adopted en masse the strategy of "Just Say No" to every Democratic bill that came thru the Senate by misusing the fillibuster, and just before midterm elections, a historic number of bills were shelved, more than 400, and many of those had to do with job creation, not to mention veteran assistance. And yet the Republicans ran on the platform of job creation. So, since the economy seems to be the big deal around town, please, don't call the President down on the carpet and expect anyone to be the least bit interested. I could care less what the OP had to present in his post.

But there are Independents out there that have not made up their minds on who to vote for this election year for President. And I simply did not want them to walk away thinking President Barack Obama was in some way a "clown" on account of some back taxes.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Have you ever dealt with the IRS? Working as a public accountant in the past (now executive), I can tell you that it takes A GOOD amount of time before the IRS files notices like this. So you either have to be lazy or ignorant to not take care of "back" taxes.
And don't forget to point out that probably around 3/4ths of what is "owed" is penalties and fees, not actual taxes owed.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, I could not care less. What does something another person is dealing with have to do with the President? I will help you, NOTHING. By your logic every time a Repub does something it reflects on all Repubs, do you Really want to go there?
FYI, what someone may owe in taxes is none of my or your business unless it is you that is planning on paying them.
The President is integral in seeing to it that those aides have jobs giving him advice.

So, yes, it does bother me that these people weren't properly vetted before the "most ethical, transparent President" put them on the payrolls.

Going to such great lengths to protect this president is not patriotic, no matter how much you think it is. Truly disgusting the free pass you're willing to extend to show us your version of patriotism. You question absolutely NOTHING. Unbelievable. You deserve to be defeated in 2012.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:10 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
The President is integral in seeing to it that those aides have jobs giving him advice.

So, yes, it does bother me that these people weren't properly vetted before the "most ethical, transparent President" put them on the payrolls.

Going to such great lengths to protect this president is not patriotic, no matter how much you think it is. People of your mindset disgust me. Truly disgusting.

again I ask this also applies to those "tax cheats" that work for Boehner and other Republicans, correct? Going to great length to disrespect this President is not aptriotic, no matter how much you think it is. People of your hateful mindset disgust me. Truly disgusting.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
again I ask this also applies to those "tax cheats" that work for Boehner and other Republicans, correct? Going to great length to disrespect this President is not aptriotic, no matter how much you think it is. People of your hateful mindset disgust me. Truly disgusting.
I answered you when you asked the first time. YES, every TAX CHEAT deserves whatever ridicule, scorn, ouster, penalty, or otherwise unpleasant consequence that can and should be bestowed upon them.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This President deserves disrespect. You don't come to DC pledging to be transparent and ethical and then turn around and hire tax cheats while simlutaneous railing against rich people and taxes. You apparently don't understand the principle, or you're willingly disregarding it in order to protect this President.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
I answered you when you asked the first time. YES, every TAX CHEAT deserves whatever ridicule, scorn, ouster, penalty, or otherwise unpleasant consequence that can and should be bestowed upon them.

So where is your disgused for the House and Senate? Or are you assuming the 8billion from the owed taxes is ONLY applicable to Democrats. I find this entire article hilarious and telling. The author only chose to spell out the 800 Aids to the President but mention in passing double the amount of cheats working for the House and Senate. Telling in deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies