Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

Yea, the guy who passed along HIV/AIDS must have screwed a monkey. A Tennessee monkey! Probably one just like the maker of the original comment which is quoted in the OP here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 PM

840 posts, read 781,386 times
Hopefully this guy is the senator for the area I am moving to...would have my support 100%

Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
in tennessee, people who are from NY are from another planet to the "country folk" and all sex is evil.

Very sick and sad, but there are people who think like this, I have had the misfortune to encounter. This is the GOP's base....the ignorant and uneducated. I dont see it getting better in the next ten years either bcs they all "homeschool" their kids and dont read books.
I have to take exception to this. The GOP base isn't ignorant and uneducated. Surely some Republicans are ignorant and uneducated, just as some Democrats are ignorant and uneducated. But conservative ideas are just as much a product of intelligent, educated minds as liberal ideas are. There are many different perspectives about government and its role in our society, and people find resonance with the different parties based on their experiences and priorities. Disparaging people with different perspectives is not productive (I know I made a remark earlier today about "idiots", and I'll defend that remark because it wasn't an attack on different perspectives, it was an attack on not thinking through a question).

Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I think it says more about the people of Tennessee, rather than Republicans.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
In general I see far more intolerace and vitriol from the far right. And yes, ignorance in the region I happen to be in for the moment. It is what it is.

How can ANY politician in 2012 act like AIDS is a disease which people deserve for their behavior????...answer, you need to cross the Mason-Dixon line. And find a place where people think all education is Marxist, or "Communist". They also teach "abstinence is best" in the poorest counties where 14 year olds get pregnant. The statistics are abyssmal. And that type of politician counts on these people's stupidity.

He is a vulture living off the impoverished masses. God help him if the people wake up.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
I heard there is an old boy in Beaumont that speaks for all of Texas.

A Tennessee Monkey? New Orleans has yellow monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I am so tired of reading about these idiots that I just don't know what to say anymore.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Unbelievable. He also says that homosexuality is "glorified", gay kids aren't bullied, and that kids can become gay just by telling them about homosexuality.

This guy certainly lives up to the stereotype of today's Neanderthal Republican. Maybe we should expect to see him running for President in 2016.

Stacey Campfield, Tennessee Senator Behind 'Don't Say Gay' Bill, On Bullying, AIDS And Homosexual 'Glorification'

Wow, what a jacka**!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Geez, read And The Band Played On. Yes, it's an entire book, but it didn't take THAT long to read, and you will have a much better understanding on the origin of AIDS and how it was spread on this continent.

And the Band Played On - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.amazon.com/Band-Played-Po.../dp/0312241356
The film was good also. Shows how the research scientists all wanted to take credit, politics and back-stabbing caused many to die without treatment.

This issue is too complex for a tenn. public servant. he is prolly the product of homeschooling and ignorance.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
And I take exception to that, having family members who live in Tennessee. Mainly what it does is shows this particular republican for the ignorant fool he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies