Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times

Advertisements

As on animal lover I couldn't bare to watch but a few seconds of the video. I'm not sure how graphic it gets. Watch at your own risk.

I'm sure some of you are going to defend this. Not only is it extremely cruel and evil...but you're eating it. You're eating it ! Do you get it ! I wish there was a place like this for people to go and be subjected to the cruelty. These animals are smart and sensitive. It's utterly disgusting.

I quit shopping at Wally-mart years ago. Not only because they are one the greediest b******s out there; but also because everything in the store is from China, plus it's been poisoned in some form or another.

https://secure.humanesociety.org/sit...Action&id=5320
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
I fail to see the point of being polite in a protest statement when these humans act worse than animals. The only fitting justice for them is put them in the cage.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
By no means would I defend what is being done to these animals.

However, I think people need to consider that we are not an agricultural society anymore of subsistence farmers. Possibly back on those days, the animals were all roaming freely and it was much more rosy picture... well until time for the slaughterhouse.

But we are not that society anymore. There are a lot more people to feed. Simply consider that in the United States alone, we've grown 80-fold in about 200 years. Sure, we have more land and such, but we need to produce more food per acre than back in the 1700s.

This may require penning in animals and using fertilizers to reap more crops from the same plot of land used to create far less food two centuries ago.

Let's be honest. We all know the food comes from somewhere. We all know that food is cheap. Hell, even organic food is cheap when you consider how much work goes into producing it. Think about the work you'd need to do to do it yourself.

Of course, another option would be to curb the growth of the human population. And we all know how much human activists love places like China over that. You'd be exchanging one form of cruelty for another.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
As on animal lover I couldn't bare to watch but a few seconds of the video. I'm not sure how graphic it gets. Watch at your own risk.

I'm sure some of you are going to defend this. Not only is it extremely cruel and evil...but you're eating it. You're eating it ! Do you get it ! I wish there was a place like this for people to go and be subjected to the cruelty. These animals are smart and sensitive. It's utterly disgusting.

I quit shopping at Wally-mart years ago. Not only because they are one the greediest b******s out there; but also because everything in the store is from China, plus it's been poisoned in some form or another.

https://secure.humanesociety.org/sit...Action&id=5320
I love walmart! hope they keep up the good work feeding the poor who would probably go hungry without them! I love pork its the other white meat!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies