Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Victory for Big Business,defeat for the working man.

RTW state workers average over $5,000.00 less wages per year,21% fewer of them have benefits or insurance and they have 51% more work place injuries/deaths.

Yep,big victory all right

Want to bet that the Indiana republicans are going to be unemployed next election cycle like they were the LAST TIME they did this in Indiana??
Can we see the source of these stats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 06:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,623 times
Quote:
100% correct...I'm starting to really believe that all of the ones who rail against unions are ones who have never did a hard days work in their lives or work for low wages and want everyone else to be in their situation...just Bots for corporations most likely.
You mean whom rail against unions have never done a hard days work? Maybe that union of yours should pay for some member education.

And I believe union workers are lazy thugs screaming outrageous demands. Hard work? Try owning your own successful business and put in the hours it takes to keep it successful and keep your employees happy and paid well. It is easy to pay dues and then sit back and let your thug leaders reap destructive benefits for you.

Right to work....the only 'state' to be!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
You mean whom rail against unions have never done a hard days work? Maybe that union of yours should pay for some member education.

And I believe union workers are lazy thugs screaming outrageous demands. Hard work? Try owning your own successful business and put in the hours it takes to keep it successful and keep your employees happy and paid well. It is easy to pay dues and then sit back and let your thug leaders reap destructive benefits for you.

Right to work....the only 'state' to be!
Never having been part of a union is so alien to the Left. Starting at the bottom and working your way up apparently is too. Never having to rely on other people to negotiate your own salary and benefits is a foreign concept to them. Can't imagine that.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Just curious...what do YOU do for a living?
My husband and I own and maintain a very successful commercial and residential building company. We have remained very profitable throughout the bad economy due to hard work, fantastic portfolio of work, and 100% customer satisfaction. All of which takes hard work.

Union members work their hours and let the business owners worry about obtaining and maintaining enough revenue to keep the business going and the employees paid. It is a daily concern in this economy and not so easy for many. Then you add the nasty unions and their outrageous demands. Sickening!!! They do not care that the business is struggling stay afloat....they just use their thug tactics to demand their pay stays the same and their perks remain. At some point union idiots have to realize in this economy we ALL make cuts and that means you, too. Hopefully all businesses will have the opportunity to relocate to right to work states. Hmmm....wonder where that would leave the thugs?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Never having been part of a union is so alien to the Left. Starting at the bottom and working your way up apparently is too. Never having to rely on other people to negotiate your own salary and benefits is a foreign concept to them. Can't imagine that.
Exactly!!

They have a very myopic view of life and work. Heaven forbid they ever have to make their own way without thug tactics. I wonder what could be accomplished if union workers actually did the work they are paid in money and benefits for?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
My husband and I own and maintain a very successful commercial and residential building company. We have remained very profitable throughout the bad economy due to hard work, fantastic portfolio of work, and 100% customer satisfaction. All of which takes hard work.

Union members work their hours and let the business owners worry about obtaining and maintaining enough revenue to keep the business going and the employees paid. It is a daily concern in this economy and not so easy for many. Then you add the nasty unions and their outrageous demands. Sickening!!! They do not care that the business is struggling stay afloat....they just use their thug tactics to demand their pay stays the same and their perks remain. At some point union idiots have to realize in this economy we ALL make cuts and that means you, too. Hopefully all businesses will have the opportunity to relocate to right to work states. Hmmm....wonder where that would leave the thugs?
That's exactly what I figured...you are the ones who will benefit from RTW...you most likely would employ illegals (if you don't already) so you could put even more money in your pocket off the sweat of others.

I have ran jobs for REAL successful contractors in the past (Ever heard of Becthel?Chicago Bridge and Iron?Sterling Boiler?etc) and guess what? THEY WERE UNION contractors who were "extremely"successful AND their"portfolio" didn't include putting a set of steps on a neighbors house with illegal mexicans or a roof on a garage with $7 an hour under the table workers.

You have obviously never employed a union craftsman otherwise lazy would not enter into your conversation...I can't say anything about other unions,but building trades are FAR from lazy.

When your "company" grows,maybe you'll understand that and learn to bid for success.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I figured...you are the ones who will benefit from RTW...you most likely would employ illegals (if you don't already) so you could put even more money in your pocket off the sweat of others.

I have ran jobs for REAL successful contractors in the past (Ever heard of Becthel?Chicago Bridge and Iron?Sterling Boiler?etc) and guess what? THEY WERE UNION contractors who were "extremely"successful AND their"portfolio" didn't include putting a set of steps on a neighbors house with illegal mexicans or a roof on a garage with $7 an hour under the table workers.

You have obviously never employed a union craftsman otherwise lazy would not enter into your conversation...I can't say anything about other unions,but building trades are FAR from lazy.

When your "company" grows,maybe you'll understand that and learn to bid for success.
You are almost laughable. Almost.

You presume to know how I run my business? Once again your lack of education shines through.

We have never employed illegals. There are laws about that, correct? The sweating occurs between me and my husband to make sure our workers are paid well. And we do it! Again, it is called hard work...something most union workers are unfamiliar with.

We build multi million dollars homes and commercial buildings and restaurants. As for you, your portfolio speaks for itself....working for others and receiving a paycheck. A glorified middle man. Never having to worry about keeping the company sustainable. It is easy to hold your hand out for your paycheck on Friday.

Your petty illegal and 7.00 an hour comments show me exactly where andhow you have lived your life.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
You are almost laughable. Almost.

You presume to know how I run my business? Once again your lack of education shines through.

We have never employed illegals. There are laws about that, correct? The sweating occurs between me and my husband to make sure our workers are paid well. And we do it! Again, it is called hard work...something most union workers are unfamiliar with.

We build multi million dollars homes and commercial buildings and restaurants. As for you, your portfolio speaks for itself....working for others and receiving a paycheck. A glorified middle man. Never having to worry about keeping the company sustainable. It is easy to hold your hand out for your paycheck on Friday.

Your petty illegal and 7.00 an hour comments show me exactly where andhow you have lived your life.
YOU are the laughable one and your comments about RTW are irrelevent because you are standing on the other side of the argument.

How's that neighbor's deck coming along? With this bad economy do they still give you a bit of credit down at the local lumber yard? I'll let you in on a secret...if you start buying a bit more material,they'll deliver it for free.

Everyone with a pickup truck with cheap stickers and a level is a "successful" contractor these days,you have a lot of good company.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times
Quote:
YOU are the laughable one and your comments about RTW are irrelevent because you are standing on the other side of the argument.

How's that neighbor's deck coming along? With this bad economy do they still give you a bit of credit down at the local lumber yard? I'll let you in on a secret...if you start buying a bit more material,they'll deliver it for free.

Everyone with a pickup truck with cheap stickers and a level is a "successful" contractor these days,you have a lot of good company.
Don't worry the chinese are replacing the union jobs.....

Quote:
At a sprawling manufacturing complex here, hundreds of Chinese laborers are now completing work on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
Next month, the last four of more than two dozen giant steel modules — each with a roadbed segment about half the size of a football field — will be loaded onto a huge ship and transported 6,500 miles to Oakland. There, they will be assembled to fit into the eastern span of the new Bay Bridge.
The project is part of China’s continual move up the global economic value chain — from cheap toys to Apple iPads to commercial jetliners — as it aims to become the world’s civil engineer.
The assembly work in California, and the pouring of the concrete road surface, will be done by Americans. But construction of the bridge decks and the materials that went into them are a Made in China affair. California officials say the state saved hundreds of millions of dollars by turning to China.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Don't worry the chinese are replacing the union jobs.....
I agree...the "job creators" are seeing to that...and,I'm not worried about it as I have lived through the Reagan era and the Bush era...I know how to take care of myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies