Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Do people really want to deny the simple fact that Communism is trying to squeeze it's way into this country through our public schools? Take a look at this propaganda gem that was handed out to students in an Iowa high school. I like how they try and portray Communism as some fairness utopia, when in fact it has ALWAYS been the opposite all throughout history. We are seeing the attempts at a Communist revolution right before our very eyes.

Quote:
The CAPITALISM side of the flyer shows workers in tattered clothing, chained to a machine that delivers all of the money produced to a cigar-smoking man who is also much better dressed.
Over on the COMMUNISM side, there is no boss and the smiling workers are better dressed, don’t have chains on their legs and the money goes back to them.

Iowa Students Taught That Communism Is Better Than Capitalism | TheBlaze.com

I know the Lefties/Commies on this forum don't like the blaze but the story came from an Iowa radio station here:

Capitalism v Communism at Roosevelt High School: | Simon Conway - Newsradio 1040 WHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I'll bet it was not a picture of the communism practiced over in China.
Did they show the dorms the workers live in on the company property ?

There is NO Utopia. You make your own utopia in life, no one is going to create it for you.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
No where does this say it was handed out by teachers or the school. No one has any idea where it came from, only loons seem to care.

You do know that students also have access to the internet, books, printers, computers, and paper?

They aren't taken outside and beaten if they don't write about political ideas you don't like in unflattering ways.

Talk about raging paranoia and delusion. Talk about jumping to silly conclusions

Are we trying to run back to McCarthyism again?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
U know the Lefties/Commies on this forum don't like the blaze but the story came from an Iowa radio station here:
Capitalism v Communism at Roosevelt High School: | Simon Conway - Newsradio 1040 WHO
So a high schooler passed out a political cartoon flyer, this is what constitutes news?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
No where does this say it was handed out by teachers or the school. No one has any idea where it came from, only loons seem to care.

You do know that students also have access to the internet, books, printers, computers, and paper?

They aren't taken outside and beaten if they don't write about political ideas you don't like in unflattering ways.

Talk about raging paranoia and delusion. Talk about jumping to silly conclusions
The radio host contacted the school about the flyer handed out to students studying the Cold War. The school said only the Principal could comment on it. The radio host is waiting for the Principal to call him back.
The school did not deny it was handed out in class. A parent of a student sent it to the radio host.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The radio host contacted the school about the flyer handed out to students studying the Cold War. The school said only the Principal could comment on it. The radio host is waiting for the Principal to call him back.
The school did not deny it was handed out in class. A parent of a student sent it to the radio host.
Neither confirming or denying anything about the flyer is from the school is any proof the school did. All you have is an unconfirmed word.

You have the word of the host that it was sent to him from a person claiming to be a parent of a student.

For all you know I could have sent it to the radio host, or anyone else.

Last edited by subsound; 02-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Repetative

Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Neither confirming or denying anything about the flyer is from the school is any proof the school did. All you have is an unconfirmed word.

You have the word of the host that it was sent to him from a person claiming to be a parent of a student.

For all you know I could have sent it to the radio host, or anyone else.
The students have not confirmed or denied passing out the flyer either, I guess they are guilty of it.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So a high schooler passed out a political cartoon flyer, this is what constitutes news?
Where does it say a high schooler passed it out ?

I don't think we know enough about this and we are all jumping to our own conclusions.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where does it say a high schooler passed it out ?

I don't think we know enough about this and we are all jumping to our own conclusions.
The high school students have not denied or confirmed. You used that same argument for the administration, why can't we use it for the student body?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
I used to live about four blocks from that high school. It is definitely liberal la la land around there. I was able to get out. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies