Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I've been to Infowars.com, Ar15.com, The Economic Collapse Blog and the CD preparedness forum so I'm sure I'm already assigned a bunk at a FEMA camp...

...But they'll have to catch me first, which is why I also have a giant tub of lard so I can strip naked, grease up and start running at a moment's notice. I just hope lard isn't banned for some made up "public health concern" and my plans are foiled.
I get the top bunk..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I'm tempted to print out the brochure and pin it up in the local internet cafes. So how long until we see posters such as this, from London, here in our internet cafes and other places?

http://blog.ltmuseum.co.uk/wp-conten.../12/secure.jpg

Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
You do see what the govt. is doing, dontcha? Janet "Big Sis" started it a couple of years ago when she sent out her memo to Local Law Enforcement agencies all over the nation. In that she listed the types of folks that were to be watched as "potential terrorists." She even listed Veterans returning from war!

There was no excuse for that. To put our finest in such a light was inexcusable and a huge slap in the face.

What they are slowly doing is to paint us all as potential terrorists. This way, if and when our govt. does become truly tyrannical then they've got us all suspecting each other, or at least they have planted the suggestion in our minds so that once there is a true, national emergency that we will.

They are gearing up for calling any true freedom fighters "terrorists" so that our govt. can eventually become as tyrannical as some leader or group within it may desire. Then, they guarantee they can't be defeated in their tyranny for the laws and mindset will all be in place to jail their opposition.

Sad, but this is precisely what's going on with all of this INSANITY. meanwhile, Big Sis will continue to remind us all to report anything suspicious, sheesh, as if none of us ever had a brain to do so, anyway.

No, this is Psychopolitics for a brave new world.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
IMO, yes....internet cafe's are not needed. Access to wi-fi anywhere, cell phones etc....those places are coverups/fronts for illegal gambling, prostitution etc....it has NOTHING to do with privacy.

eta: privacy on your home phone, cell etc..that is another story but that is not what the OP is about.
I don't carry a computer everywhere I travel.
How would I get wifi services? On what?

Whhhhoooooooh.
The new bogeyman, people who use public internet services.
What if my phone doesn't get internet? Why would I want to pay that much for phone use?

You better never travel outside of the US, because sometimes that's all you have.

I guess now I must be a gambler and prostitute because I don't follow your likes.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
IMO, yes....internet cafe's are not needed. Access to wi-fi anywhere, cell phones etc....those places are coverups/fronts for illegal gambling, prostitution etc....it has NOTHING to do with privacy.

No, seriously you aren't that ignorant are you? Ever heard about using the Internet for work?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post

I use remailers, encrypt any email or info I have, use cash as much as possible, dont fly, barter as much as I can, and buy firearms and ammo privately as much as i can. I rarely use a cell phone and when i do it was bought with cash and is a prepay phone.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:04 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Well Obama signed the indefinite detention bill making the whole country essentially a battle ground and its citizens potential enemy combatants.

Enjoy your Hope 'n Change, lol!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:56 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
What you mean is "I don't travel much so I'm naive about the usefulness of internet cafes" right?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:12 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
What you mean is "I don't travel much so I'm naive about the usefulness of internet cafes" right?
No, that is not what I mean.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Well Obama signed the indefinite detention bill making the whole country essentially a battle ground and its citizens potential enemy combatants.

Enjoy your Hope 'n Change, lol!
I don't like to consider myself an alarmist and I generally don't like the "slippery slope" argument, as it does not pan out for most things. However, I've been following this issue closely since it began. When it started, it was just "suspected terrorists" and "enemy combatants" who were caught fighting half way around the world. Even then people were concerned about what would become of such a policy, but Americans in a post-911 world looked the other way. Then they started locking up non-citizens on US soil and they assured people that these were non-citizen "terrorists" with ties to Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations. Then then started locking up US citizens under the policy. Last month, it finally came to an end when the Congress gave legal sanction to the military to lock up and detain any person within the county and hold them as long as they want. The only thing left to do now is loosen the definition of "terrorist," which is what will happen and, as you can see, is happening. This coincides with the random searches that are becoming bolder by the government. It started with random PATH train searches in the NYC metro area. Now we have them in every major metro train system, on buses, and recently on highways. Several years ago when I complained about this kind of thing I thought that in a few years people might make fun of me for being paranoid and I would end up eating crow. I no longer have such reservations. We are already on a path from which there is now no return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies