Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Silence can be louder than a scream, and?

I'll go to my grave spooked as to how Americans have been weathering this never-ending recession with such calm. So many desperate, despairing people out there, and the murder rate goes down during recessions?

S-p-o-o-o-o-o-k-y! E-e-e-e-e-r-y!

I'm spooked that I haven't read of an employer being murdered in this country everyday for the last 3 years! Take away any number of people's jobs, and they're done, done, done!!!

But I do believe, as I have read, the OWS has gotten any number of new consultants, foreign as well, and they'll be back stronger than ever in the Spring!
Well there you go, I have no doubt OWS will be able to top their 2011 murder total in 2012. Seems like your bloodlust will be quenched by OWS before long.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
It seems the world has been unusually calm recently. The stock markets are unusually calm and moving a little higher. The complacency seems strange.

It feels like the eye of a hurricane.

What is the next big event that is about to happen in the world?
Thousands of lizards have been exposed to high levels of radiation from the Fukushima meltdown.

Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla - YouTube

Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The weather will get warm, and the OWS people will crawl out of their winter hide-outs and start crapping on the streets again.

Oh, and the Miami Marlins will will the world series.
Yup. February is the Bones of Winter. The month when everyone is sick and tired of winter and knows there's another month or so of it to come, as often as not.

February is the month that, back when most of us were living on the land, that worry always set in. If February stayed cold, the harvests were going to be put back, and the food supplies might run out before the new crops were coming on. It's the month when we have all been shut up in the lodge together for too long, so everyone gets a touch of cabin fever.

It's the time of year when we have St. Valentine's Day, for very good reasons. We really need a day devoted to love at the time of year when we really don't like each other much. We are all tired of seeing the same faces, tired of the struggles against the cold, and tired of waiting for it all to get over and done so Spring can come again.

That's why we have Groundhog Day, too... everyone wants to know how much longer we are going to have to put up with this mess. Knowing we have 9 more weeks of it gives us a date when the misery ends, at least.

So, Joe, your feelings aren't un-natural. We have been feeling like this as long as we have been humans. Do like the Native Americans did- spend your time talking to friends that are seldom visited, make some babies, patch your clothes and fix your broken junk, and hunker down. It will all change soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies