Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM

15,108 posts, read 8,659,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And that is the exact point I was making. Read what I wrote again, note I mention "idiots being offended", which is a clue to the clarification of the point you make above. The fact is, a symbol is highly dependent on its context of use and those who throw tantrums about a symbol being used outside of that context are simply attention seekers.
But it's not out-of-context at all. Invasions and occupations ... systematic destruction of infrastructure ... total subjugation of an entire civilian population, including rounding up males off the street and holding them captive in Torture prisons.

What part of this "Context" are you freaking missing entirely?

To extend this "contextual" matter to the grave threat posed to the world by that very dangerous regime in Iran:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is a US Naval Base building ... uhh ... how do you explain that? Are Naval buildings constructed without oversight of the Naval Brass ?
I don't know anything about that particular building but I do know that a TON of military purchasing (and that building would be considered a purchase with the Feds) is done by civilian civil service workers. There's a good possibility a bunch of GS12s sitting in an office somewhere made all the decisions on the purchase. Design was probably done by a civilian contractor.

So unless you think all the GS12s are secret Nazis.....

Old 02-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't know anything about that particular building but I do know that a TON of military design and purchasing (and that building would be considered a purchase with the Feds) is done by civilian civil service workers. There's a good possibility a bunch of GS12s sitting in an office somewhere made all the decisions.

So unless you think all the GS12s are secret Nazis.....
You have eyes don't you? Then open them.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You have eyes don't you? Then open them.
To what? The government being involved in some massive plot to promote Nazi-ism through the military?

Shoot. No way they could be that organized. They can't even run the Postal Service.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,094,734 times
When Marine investigators learned last November that a scout sniper platoon in Afghanistan was using a Nazi "SS" flag as its standard, it wasn't a member of the unit who told them. It was Iraq war veteran Waitman Beorn, a visiting history professor at Loyola University New Orleans, also a Fulbright and Guggenheim fellowship recipient who teaches at the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.
Exclusive: Marines Nazi-Flag Whistleblower Comes Forward | Mother Jones

Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
To what? The government being involved in some massive plot to promote Nazi-ism through the military?

Shoot. No way they could be that organized. They can't even run the Postal Service.
We aren't talking about mail here are we? No, sport, we're talking about the most powerful military the world has ever seen, and a new unprecedented philosophy of unprovoked and preemptive wars, invasions and occupations and full spectrum domination ... in case you haven't been paying attention for the past decade, with Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Libya as rather obvious examples that seem awfully hard to miss.

We're talking about the ability to deliver a bunker busting nuke with pinpoint accuracy launched from a sea bearing vessel 100 miles off the coast of it's inland target, not the Post Office delivering a freaking letter.

We're talking about Homeland Security (Fatherland), and TSA, and FEMA ... and indefinite detention and the Patriot Act and the NDAA and rendition and Torture and openly admitting and legalizing assassinations of enemies, to include American citizens.

We have US Military Units with Skulls and Crossbones adorning their armored vehicles ... sniper units posing with Nazi SS Flags, and Naval Installations shaped in the form of a Swastika .... and a president that no longer feels he requires congressional approval or constitutional authority to engage in war, and has openly said so.

And we're talking about power drunk psychopathic leadership in Israel and the United States and the UK seemingly hell bent on attacking Syria and Iran, as Russia and China mobilize against those plans, which could very well lead to World War III and global annihilation.

That's what I'm referring to when I say open your eyes .... not the post office or the nitwits working at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Forgive me if I find it absurd that someone can sleep through all of that, and remain clueless.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,692,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
As a former Marine, i can tell you that those guys look to be Scout/Sniper graduates. Sorry if the abbreviation for that is SS.

Ooops, that skull is not very politically correct, i'll have to fire of a letter to Devil Dogs in 3/1 and make them change that.
Hmmm, maybe this image will work, since my last one seems to have been denied after a few days of working.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,999,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Hmmm, maybe this image will work, since my last one seems to have been denied after a few days of working.

I take comfort that when these guys meet their maker he wil send them to a place where they can spend eternity swaping war stories with the likes of
Sepp Dietrich.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
We're talking about the ability to deliver a bunker busting nuke with pinpoint accuracy launched from a sea bearing vessel 100 miles off the coast of it's inland target,
I know! Isn't that capability awesome?

Gotta love guidance weapons systems technology.

Sport.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
Scout Sniper does not equal (if i get this correctly) Stutz Staffel. The snipers are not Storm Troopers. The SS were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies