Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be legal to distribute leaflets calling for the execution of homosexuals?
Yes 28 32.56%
No 53 61.63%
Not sure 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

They said they were doing their "duty" as Muslims.

Given our strong protections of free speech, I'm presuming this type of leaflet would be legal to distribute in the U.S. - correct? As long as the leaflet isn't making a direct threat to harm someone, I think it should be legal.

BBC News - Derby men jailed for giving out gay death call leaflets

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 02-11-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Given our strong protections of free speech, I'm presuming this type of leaflet would be legal to distribute in the U.S. - correct? As long as the leaflet isn't making a direct threat to harm someone, I think it should be legal.

Those are the cases which explain why in some countries there are limits to what can be said. I find that OK, the only problem is WHERE to draw the line.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by save america View Post
I hate homosexual ****, but I hate Muslims more.
How about gay Muslims?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

I think it would be legal for Muslims in the current politically correct climate to do this. Or why else are we importing so many Muslims?

They aren't coming here by the millions because they love us as a people or respect our freedoms, you cannot be a good Muslim and like American liberties. Sharia law is completely the opposite of freedom.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM

And -- what would be the point of bringing them in, knowing full well what their religion wants done with homosexuals and then forbidding their religious freedom? It won't work, Muslims would not tolerate being muzzled.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:

And these leaflets come straight out of their Koran which of course is allowed so it would be ridiculous to forbid the leaflet but not the whole book.

The Koran also tells them to slaughter the infidels where ever they find them -- and that means all of us, even heterosexuals. So if we allow the book that instructs them to kill any of us, why worry about a leaflet that tells them where to start?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it would be legal for Muslims in the current politically correct climate to do this. Or why else are we importing so many Muslims?
I didn't know that we were. Since they are still only 0.8% of the population, we're not doing a very diligent job.

Quote:
They aren't coming here by the millions because they love us as a people or respect our freedoms
They aren't coming here "by the millions" at all. Not one of the top ten countries of origin for U.S. immigrants is majority-Muslim.

The ones who are coming, are usually coming for one of the most American of reasons: to make money.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Muslims calling for the execution of homosexuals? But, I thought Islam was a peaceful religion?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I didn't know that we were. Since they are still only 0.8% of the population, we're not doing a very diligent job.

They aren't coming here "by the millions" at all. Not one of the top ten countries of origin for U.S. immigrants is majority-Muslim.

The ones who are coming, are usually coming for one of the most American of reasons: to make money.
And do you think the ones going to Great Britain are NOT going there for money? There is nothing in the Koran about not liking money, they love money. They just don't like us.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How about gay Muslims?
A gay muslim ? Great idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies