Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Yes, the Bible was written by men, but it was GOD-BREATHED.
Hogwash. To the extent that those who wrote the original words, if they themselves thought they were speaking on behalf of gawd, they were either mentally ill or had delusions of grandeur. And I suspect many knew that they were making stuff up that they plucked out of their rear ends, making it nothing more than a dishonest fabrication.

I've met people who claim, to this day, to speak for gawd. Usually on the subway or ferry. They're all loonier than a $3 bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Hogwash. To the extent that those who wrote the original words, if they themselves thought they were speaking on behalf of gawd, they were either mentally ill or had delusions of grandeur. And I suspect many knew that they were making stuff up that they plucked out of their rear ends, making it nothing more than a dishonest fabrication.

I've met people who claim, to this day, to speak for gawd. Usually on the subway or ferry. They're all loonier than a $3 bill.
Can't even bring yourself to type the correct word eh ?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What a myopic post.

Why do people (of all sexualities) still get gonorrhea, syphyllis, etc. at such ridiculously high rates? Why do so many people get pregnant when they aren't looking to do so?

Babies and STDs have been around for thousands of years, and long before HIV, people knew how to avoid same, yet with all the billions in sex education, we still have STDs and "oops babies."

This isn't a "some communities" problem. It's an "all communities" problem.
People used to have to provide for themselves when they found themselves in a "family way". People also had to suffer with the diseases that were borne of indiscretions. They did not run to the government for help.

We have become a nation of "enlightened fools" who continue to do what they want to do because someone else will foot the bill.

But I digress.....the gay community fashions itself among the most educated citizens, yet, AIDS is still a HUGE part of their culture.

Why? If knowledge is power?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Correction....American INNER CITIES are the most violent places on earth, outside of war torn nations.
So, yes, America is one of the most violent places on earth.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
American healthcare system is nothing to brag about. It's GREAT if you have platinum clad insurance, or are rich. The best money can buy! But, most people cannot afford that, AND still, ya know, live.

The French system is probably the best - private doctors utilizing government insurance - with autonomy over choice of procedures and treatment.

At least in Canada, people don't usually worry that they are one catastrophic illness away from losing everything they've ever worked for. Medical expenses are HUGE on the list for bankruptcy reasons.

Also, in the United States, a pencil**** private health insurance middlemen often overrule doctors by refusing to pay for treatments*.
Nah.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The USA would be the last place that any woman in their right mind would come to for child birth.
The death rate of women giving birth in the US is worse than in 40 other countries, including nearly all the industrialised countries, Amnesty International said today in a report that describes the country's approach to maternity care as "disgraceful and scandalous".
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the likelihood of a woman dying in childbirth in the US is five times greater than in Greece.
Not sure where you get this idea that Canada is sending pregnant women to America?????????????????????? Canada has excellant health care for pregnant women and rights for pregnant women so why would they come here to pay for a poor system?
Your pregnancy rights in Canada
There is absolutely no truth to that statement.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Can't even bring yourself to type the correct word eh ?
That is because I want to be clear that, despite my scientifically based opinion that there is a larger reality that exists outside of this one, and despite my opinion there is an intelligent "creator" that could be, though I don't like to do so because of the religious baggage the term has, called "god", I like to differentiate between when I'm speaking of the actual creative force and man made fairy tales.

The best retort you have is to be the spelling police? Very compelling!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:13 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Nah.

if I were a hotel owner, I certainly wouldn't rent to gays, but otherwise, I don't see any reason why gays cannot get housing or keep their jobs.
How kind of you, you can be a bigot because others will make up for you. Sweet.

As I recall Jesus' mommy had trouble finding a room too.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Thing is, LGBT individuals are discriminated against in this country. So it's hard for them to "live their lives as they see fit" when their options are being limited unjustly.
Just sit and watch the gay parades.

Stop acting like a bunch of misfits, perverts and dirtbags and maybe you'll be treated more kindly.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Tell us, what is this cause of aids you're referring to?
Unprotected sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies