Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Geeze, this would get me to vote for RonPaul, if I could, and if he were not so hard nosed in repealing Roe vs. Wade and wanting that ridiculous Sanctity of Life Amendment. Ayn Rand must be rolling over her in her grave. She was all for the individual taking charge of her own life. Paul was so impressed with her that he named his son after her. He certainly has no sensitivity to women and I'm sure he doesn't care that I think so. Insensitive boor, that he is.
You can write a post like that acnd call Paul an insensitive boor? Really?

In order fro one to understand and appreciate liberty he/she must appreciate the sanctity of life. Ron Paul walks the walk, others, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree with you 100%. Beck in particular was a lunatic.

I don't quite understand the ratings comment as to the segment you refer to but looking at this FOX seems to do quite well.

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, February 9, 2012 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
That is the second time THEY have had those horrible numbers thrown in their faces on this thread and I bet not one of them read any of them.

I take it for granted that I don't count, since I am so old, but do watch most of those shows. I will have to miss O'Reilly tonight to see the basketball game. Maybe I can catch his replay.

Did I do this one right?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Beck didn't have the guts to admit he was fired from FOX, all he would say was he was
hired by Roger Ailes with a handshake and he left with a handshake.
Since you don't watch GBTV I will have to take it for granted that you got your information about him leaving Fox from Media Matters, or was it Kos.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
FOX does give both sides a fair shot.
I gather you don't watch Fox News on Sat. mornings. Then it seems there are 2 or 3 conservatives shouting down all at once 1 liberal.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
There is nothing going on with FOX NEWS, it's FOX BIZ channel that is making changes.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I gather you don't watch Fox News on Sat. mornings. Then it seems there are 2 or 3 conservatives shouting down all at once 1 liberal.
Have you watched MSNBC when they have their circle jerks on with people from Media Matters dedicating segments to what was on FOX? Now that's hilarious!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hold on....at least acknowlege all the posted video evidence I posted of all the liberal commentators FOX has on all the time. You jumpe right to Scarborough.

FOX does give both sides a fair shot.
Admit you were wrong, it's ok...

Otherwise fox does not give both sides a fair say by a long shot. Fox uses propaganda such as when addressing people they will say "Here is liberal contributor,.." not "Here is democratic contributor,." on top of that, they have absolutely not one credible or respected contributor from the left. Whenever they do have someone from the left on, all the do is bash them, ask leading questions, side with the right winger to gang up on them etc,..pretty much everything they can do to slander the person. Or the supposed "liberal" contributor just agrees with whatever right wing issue they are trying to press.
Fox also does not have a single democratic show, every single show they have is hard right.

MSNBC on the other hand has two republican shows with morning joe and Dylan Ratigan. If you actually watch the network, outside of the primetime talking head shows, and morning joe everything is unbiased general news. MSNBC also has actual legitimate contributors like former RNC chair Michael Steele which is a huge one, McCain's former campaign manager Steve Schimdt, hell even Megan McCain
They also have on big names from the right with tea party leaders, Dick Armey, they've had all the GOP presidential candidates on, senators and other congress people, Scott Walker, SE Cupp, even Ann Coulter.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Fox is propaganda? Have you listened to MSNBC the last few years? It is like being caught in a time machine and hurled back in time a quarter of a century. You are listening to the English language broadcast from Radio Moscow, scripted by the propagandists of the KGB.
"There is Journalistic Reporting and there is Editorial Opinion, our viewers are intelligent enough to understand ours is the latter" Roger Ailes CEO Fox News

Apparently many of you didn't get the memo

Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
"There is Journalistic Reporting and there is Editorial Opinion, our viewers are intelligent enough to understand ours is the latter" Roger Ailes CEO Fox News

Apparently many are not intelligent enough to understand the difference...

Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Apparently, roger feels lying is ok as long as it say editorial somewhere or insert one of those magic question marks....

Roger Ailes and Murdoch linked in gay relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies