Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Use of anonymous sources is standard operating procedure for the MSM. Pick up any random copy of the NYT and you're going to find 'unnamed sources,' 'a source close to the admin,' etc. being quoted. I don't really like it either, but we can't have one standard for the NYT and another for the Daily Caller.
Well, sure we can. The old progressive double standard has always been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
By the way, is Media Matters a non-profit?
They say they are but don't talk about the infusions of $1 million at a time from old Spooky Dude.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Charlie Manson could show me a video of Lindsey Lohan drunk as a skunk, doesn't mean it's not true.

Media matters is mostly video and audio clips, who are you going to believe, Fox news or your lying eyes
I will continue to believe Fox News and you can go on using Media Matters for all your info about Fox.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerrd View Post
I think the piece was great; I am a bit surprised they were able to find some insiders that would be willing to talk. I had suspected this was the case, you can go back Michelle Spain vacation fiasco and just count the number of times the word "optics" was all of a sudden used by numerous media outlets, that fingerprint was so obviously from media matters talking points it was laughable.

I find it even more sad and amusing the liberals are so bent out of shape about this. The now defunct journalist was the first assault to the integrity of the modern day journalism. And now this is exposure and leftwing extremists are still not concerned about the integrity of modern day journalism, simply shameful. You need wake up and get in touch with the rest your America citizens. Repeated Gallup polls show unfavorable views toward American media has gotten markedly worse in the past twenty years. This is not good for the industry or for the country. Not, that I think the days of Edward R. Murrow will return but the mainstream media could use a routine audit, which the Daily Caller just provided the first.
The thing that our progs don't seem to understand is that Media Matters is nothing but a blog, but then others don't see the same thing about the Daily Caller. Blogs can pretty much write their own rules, and surely do.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Media Matters Document Reportedly Detailed Plan To Target Fox News Staff | Fox News

Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 PM

I heard all of this story from Megyn Kelly on her show today. It gets thicker and thicker since Fox had to force Beck out for telling us that Media Matters was established by Soros for the express purpose of getting rid of Fox. Now when the golden goose speaks the bloggers will have to answer and they sure have done so ever since they were established. I don't think there was anything in that DC piece that wasn't very true.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Old 02-15-2012, 01:52 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Reality has a liberal bias, .......
Can you add a little more to that assertion?

Are you in academia, by chance?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Default Media Matters: Operation Fox Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Media Matters Memo | Private Investigators | Fox News Employees | The Daily Caller

Quote:
We must take Fox News head-on in a well funded, presidential-style campaign to discredit and embarrass the network, making it illegitimate in the eyes of news consumers.”

What Frisch proceeded to suggest, however, went well beyond what legitimate presidential campaigns attempt. “We should hire private investigators to look into the personal lives of Fox News anchors, hosts, reporters, prominent contributors, senior network and corporate staff,” he wrote.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
We must take Fox News head-on in a well funded, presidential-style campaign to discredit and embarrass the network, making it illegitimate in the eyes of news consumers.”

What Frisch proceeded to suggest, however, went well beyond what legitimate presidential campaigns attempt. “We should hire private investigators to look into the personal lives of Fox News anchors, hosts, reporters, prominent contributors, senior network and corporate staff,” he wrote.
In other words, do what Murdoch does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies