Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If it's such a great expose. Why would they give not reveal their sources of the persons or person who claims David Brock is on drugs?

Use of anonymous sources is standard operating procedure for the MSM. Pick up any random copy of the NYT and you're going to find 'unnamed sources,' 'a source close to the admin,' etc. being quoted. I don't really like it either, but we can't have one standard for the NYT and another for the Daily Caller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Use of anonymous sources is standard operating procedure for the MSM. Pick up any random copy of the NYT and you're going to find 'unnamed sources,' 'a source close to the admin,' etc. being quoted. I don't really like it either, but we can't have one standard for the NYT and another for the Daily Caller.
The NYT routinely violates its policy on anonymous sources. They are horrible when it come to this. Never the less, I doubt they would stoop this low. What credible reason would there be to hide the names here?

This is a pure hatchet job, too cowardly to name the sources. Right wing hypocrites love it because it goes after MM. Period.

Great article by a liberal taking the NYT to task for the use of anonymous sources.
http://www.salon.com/2011/11/22/the_...ess/singleton/

Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The NYT routinely violates its policy on anonymous sources. They are horrible when it come to this. Never the less, I doubt they would stoop this low. What credible reason would there be to hide the names here?

This is a pure hatchet job, too cowardly to name the sources. Right wing hypocrites love it because it goes after MM. Period.

Great article by a liberal taking the NYT to task for the use of anonymous sources.
The media and Iran: familiar mindlessness - Salon.com
OK then, good link--I think it's safe to say that there are hypocrites on both sides on this issue. The use of anonymous sources has been a pet peeve. That was part of how Jayson Blair (disgraced NYT reporter) was able get away with what he did for so long.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's 6 pages long, too. Find out who is in bed with Media Matters...besides MSNBC...and who has been on drugs and treated for mental illness.

Media Matters | Sources | David Brock | The Daily Caller

David Brock is a loon and a liar, it is little wonder that he is a left wing operative.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:18 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
If I was Brock, I'd be all over the Daily Caller for defamation and libel. Everything in that "expose" is based on heresay. Everything. "A staffer told us," "said one employee,' etc. I'd get a law degree just to do it.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
If I was Brock, I'd be all over the Daily Caller for defamation and libel. Everything in that "expose" is based on heresay. Everything. "A staffer told us," "said one employee,' etc. I'd get a law degree just to do it.

Or stuff words into their mouths.....

Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why is Media matters TAX EXEMPT?

Also this.
Taxpayers have effectively been supporting Media Matters in its campaign to get advertisers to "Drop Fox,"--words billboarded on its website along with "NewsCorpwatch" that link viewers to form letters to send to advertisers to get them to stop advertising on the network.
The U.S. government is also effectively supporting the website's attacks on News Corp's attempt to buy Great Britain's BSkyB, a satellite broadcaster. And taxpayers are effectively supporting the nonprofit's demands to Congress to investigate News Corp. and its head, Rupert Murdoch.

Read more: Media Matters Puts Tax-Exempt Status in Jeopardy | Fox Business

Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I had forgotten that group. They certainly were there and not a few of them were far left in orientation.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Hell, Georgie Porgy Stephanopolous brought up contraception at a Republican debate before the present controversy even was on the radar. Prophet? Psychic? Naaaaw!
Valued member of the group? I surely think so.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Ha! Opinion piece by Tucker Carlson. Brock...a FORMER GOP HITMAN...has turned the nutjobs seriously on end.

Too funny.
I head Carlson state that one of those former Media Matters clowns who ratted to him say that he even named lefties at WAPO who would print anything if nobody else would. You are pretty funny when you get your far left thinking going. This was very little opinion piece in that they mentioned names of former MM people. Saying that they talked with Obama's main advisor, Valerie Jarrett in the White House can be proved by looking at that transparent list of visitors to the White House and who they saw.

Which part of the series did you read, anyway? I know but you might as well admit it. Your post was one of the most purely deflection efforts I have seen in days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies