Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If they were conservatives attacking Obama or another Democrat, this thread would be empty. This thread is borne out of homophobia. Anything related to the subject of gays has to be ridiculed and exposed in a shocking, dare I say shocking manner to keep the homophobia intact. I think the greatest fear of homophobes is that fewer and fewer people are embracing it. But there's no need to call in the tanks just because a true homophobe gets glittered, although I do think the perpetrators should be required to clean up all those little pieces.
this has nothing to do with gays

it has to do with individuals ATTACKING (physically) another person

glitter attacks is still assault

I dont care if its a shoe being thrown, or paint on a fur clad woman, it is an attack, and is assault....

they (the attackers) should go to jail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:03 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
in·tol·er·ant/inˈtälərənt/

Adjective:
  • Not tolerant of others' views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.
Yup.... sounds like Liberals and conservatives these days.... in spades

Please bring back the true 60's liberal and the 70's fiscal conservative

Old 02-14-2012, 01:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Shade of the dirty trick strted in the 60's. Mopst think it was Nixon but JFK's people actaully started a dirty tricks in campaigning in recent history. Personally I think things like this gliter thing really just work aginst the people who do it.I mean once OWS started being a mess then the mess was covered more than any message ;really.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:29 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If they were conservatives attacking Obama or another Democrat, this thread would be empty.
This thread would not exist because conservative groups do not use physical attacks to get their message across. They have the ability to articulate.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:14 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
"glitter" and "attack" seems impossible to put together.
Get some stuck on your eyeball - and it will make more sense.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Get some stuck on your eyeball - and it will make more sense.
OUTLAW GLITTER!! or Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Glitter, as my fellow crafters say, is the herpes of the craft world. Once it gets out, you find it everywhere. But if it is as dangerous as all you homophobes say, then we should outlaw it and certainly keep it away from kids, right? Who knows how dangerous it is to ingest ... I mean, glitter poop for WEEKS, according to some parents I know. That has to hurt, right?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:42 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
OUTLAW GLITTER!! or Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Glitter, as my fellow crafters say, is the herpes of the craft world. Once it gets out, you find it everywhere. But if it is as dangerous as all you homophobes say, then we should outlaw it and certainly keep it away from kids, right? Who knows how dangerous it is to ingest ... I mean, glitter poop for WEEKS, according to some parents I know. That has to hurt, right?
My ex-fiancee decorated our apartment with gold glittery crap Christmas before last and I STILL find gold glitter in the oddest places and believe me, it is not faaaaaaaaaaaabulous!!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
I didnt realize voicing your opinions gave others grounds to throw things at you. Where does it stop with the item being thrown?

Thought we lived in a free country, that we might not always agree but we respect each other even if we dont agree.

Democrats keep proving me wrong on that ^

Old 02-14-2012, 03:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
This thread would not exist because conservative groups do not use physical attacks to get their message across. They have the ability to articulate.
Since when? Quite an outlandish claim right there, considering most gay bashing, bullying, murders, abortion bombings, etc. are done by Conservatives.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
'Glitter bombers' should be arrested and prosecuted.
That's right. Try and throw powder onto Pelosi or Obama, and see how far you get. Attacks are attacks, assaults are assaults. Just because they're glitter doesn't mean they couldn't someday become something far worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies