Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
They fell for the Dope and Chains.
The prospect of McCain/Palin was sufficiently frightening enough for many conservatives to choose Obama, further proving that not all conservatives are utterly clueless.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
As opposed to falling for McCain/Palin? Yeah, I'm sure they regret not voting for that ticket.
Liberals voted for Obama, not against McCain. Heck, they were getting shivers up their legs and breaking down in tears.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:52 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Liberals voted for Obama, not against McCain. Heck, they were getting shivers up their legs and breaking down in tears.
I'm a lefty, and I voted against McCain/Palin. I had no illusions about Obama. As bad as Obama is, I'd still pick him 100 times over McCain/Palin any day of the week.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:57 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Today's conservatism, as peddled by those with considerable influence in churches, politics and the media is one of division (us vs. them), anger, perceived victimization and rigidity of thought, the results of which breed the following:

As society, and the world, enters a new information age, with technology at the forefront, conservatives tend to push back: Scientific thinking is scorned. Just read any of the climate change threads to see this anti intellectualism at work. There are two types of leaders in the intellectual movement of the 21st century: Progressives and Regressives.

Conservatism Thrives on Low Intelligence and Poor Information | | AlterNet
Yes, conservatives do thrive on low intelligence and poor information. That was so awfully proven when an Oklahoma state senator, a Republican, looked up on the Internet from sketchy sites that a big problem in this country was human fetuses were being placed in food. So he proposed a bill that would ban doing that in Oklahoma. The FDA said it knew of nothing about human fetuses being in food. A far right Christian organization accused Pepsi of doing such a disgusting thing. But Pepsi responding by denying it. Story at: Okla. senator wants ban on human fetuses in food - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/article/Okla-senator-wants-ban-on-human-fetuses-in-food-2683862.php - broken link)

If you really want to visit Oklahoma, then it must be to witness for yourself to believe how crazy conservatives can get.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:01 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm a lefty, and I voted against McCain/Palin. I had no illusions about Obama. As bad as Obama is, I'd still pick him 100 times over McCain/Palin any day of the week.

No offense, but you are one of the few. Many drank the kool-aid.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:09 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,942,468 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about, smart people know Obama's a politician, all the hero worship was exaggerated, it was more media hype. The worst are the Palinbots who think she was the second coming of Jesus and would crush Obama if she were running. The Paulbots are bad too and there are a lot more of those kooks polluting the internet.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about, smart people know Obama's a politician, all the hero worship was exaggerated, it was more media hype. The worst are the Palinbots who think she was the second coming of Jesus and would crush Obama if she were running. The Paulbots are bad too and there are a lot more of those kooks polluting the internet.
Paulbots are delusional. They still claim he is "surging" and will be nominated.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:14 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,942,468 times
There really is no doubt most morons are conservatives. No independent thought, just accepting the Bible at its face but also being hypocritical about it, like supporting divorce but opposing gay marriage. Libertarians are simpleminded as well, specifically economic libertarians. They somehow think it would be better if multinational corporations ran everything with no regulation. It's just groupthink, once one takes a logical leap and thinks and sees how the world works they realize its too complex for a simpleminded theory to be applied to everything.

Dumb people generally just accept the worldview of their peers to be how the world is without ever questioning it. That's why there are a lot of dumb liberals who are liberal but never quite understand things same as there are those types of dumb conservatives

Last edited by PhenomenalAJ; 02-18-2012 at 01:28 AM..

Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
There are exceptions to every rule as in above video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies