Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "You don't need a gun, if you make wise choices in life"
I agree with this statement. 41 14.75%
I disagree with this statement. 237 85.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So? What city do you live in, so I can verify the veracity of your statement.
Lol! Surely you jest.

Are you doubting the existence of many cities/towns across the country with comparable low crime?

Here are a few to get you started....

//www.city-data.com/city/Prairi...ge-Kansas.html

//www.city-data.com/city/Naperville-Illinois.html

//www.city-data.com/city/Missio...alifornia.html

//www.city-data.com/city/Cheste...-Missouri.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Norway has a much lower crime rate than ours. You know as well as I that one tragedy does not provide data from which to make policy....and no one said or implied that any law can ever stop all criminal activity.

Your "Creator" has nothing to do with this discussion. Or are you suggesting that "non-believers" shouldn't even have a voice?

Human beings are born with independent minds, free will, and unabridged freedom in our most natural state. Our intelligence produces a clear understanding that we must come together in agreement on some fundamental ground rules so that we don't waste away all of our time of earth clubbing each other over the head. That is all our laws are.

Of course we all have a right to self-defense. What offenses do we have a right to? Murder? No? OK, what about the most deadly and widely used tool of murder? A tool that serves no other purpose.

You probably already knew this, but I didn't. Your "Creator" reference prompted me to do a quick Google search and I stumbled upon this page....

God in the State Constitutions - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

If this info is accurate, there are 8 states that have specific wording in their Constitutions denying public office to anyone who denies the being of God - or other words to that effect.

Fascinating. I learn many new things each day and it becomes clearer by the day that we are anything but United States.
Hunting, competition, collecting, "fun".

Bowling Pin Shooting - YouTube

Old 02-22-2012, 05:00 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Lol! Surely you jest.

Are you doubting the existence of many cities/towns across the country with comparable low crime?

Here are a few to get you started....

//www.city-data.com/city/Prairi...ge-Kansas.html
Crime Index 49
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Crime Index 69
Crime Index 63
Crime Index 38, this is the SAFEST city you pointed out, still 4 points higher/less safe than Kennesaw.

Kennesaw Georgia - Crime Index 34

Thank you for pointing out the TRUTH of MY Statement, Kennesaw Ga., is safer than each of the cities you pointed out.

Last edited by Yac; 02-29-2012 at 06:01 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are right, there are a lot of keyboard commandos. There are people whom I believe also, based on the TYPE and CONTENT of their post. Certain things are difficult to pretend. Many of the real people, can quickly ascertain whether we are dealing with a keyboard commando or the real thing. People who live and work with weapons, and those are trained have a different mindset, then those who don't.
Pounding your chest and making claims about how you would love the opportunity to confront a violent thug is a tell tale sign, yes??

Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Pounding your chest and making claims about how you would love the opportunity to confront a violent thug is a tell tale sign, yes??
No! You missed "Si vis pacem para bellum". Only a fool WISHES it!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Norway has a much lower crime rate than ours. You know as well as I that one tragedy does not provide data from which to make policy....
Australia outlawed guns over a single incident.

Quote:
What offenses do we have a right to? Murder? No? OK, what about the most deadly and widely used tool of murder? A tool that serves no other purpose.
It's not murder when you neutralize the threat to yourself or persons near you.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
No! You missed "Si vis pacem para bellum". Only a fool WISHES it!

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Pray for peace, prepare for war". Where "9mm Parabellum" came from!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Norway has a much lower crime rate than ours. You know as well as I that one tragedy does not provide data from which to make policy....and no one said or implied that any law can ever stop all criminal activity.

Your "Creator" has nothing to do with this discussion. Or are you suggesting that "non-believers" shouldn't even have a voice?

Human beings are born with independent minds, free will, and unabridged freedom in our most natural state. Our intelligence produces a clear understanding that we must come together in agreement on some fundamental ground rules so that we don't waste away all of our time of earth clubbing each other over the head. That is all our laws are.

Of course we all have a right to self-defense. What offenses do we have a right to? Murder? No? OK, what about the most deadly and widely used tool of murder? A tool that serves no other purpose.

You probably already knew this, but I didn't. Your "Creator" reference prompted me to do a quick Google search and I stumbled upon this page....

God in the State Constitutions - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

If this info is accurate, there are 8 states that have specific wording in their Constitutions denying public office to anyone who denies the being of God - or other words to that effect.

Fascinating. I learn many new things each day and it becomes clearer by the day that we are anything but United States.
Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby - Forbes

Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM

I can "disarm" nearly every one. Walking around oblivious to danger and your surroundings gives most away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies