Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Considering corporations that use loopholes to pay -zero- taxes cost hundreds of billions and this Judge Judy ******* costs less than 5000 a year I would focus on the real problem.

Of course, that doesn't enable certain right-wingers to vilify and hate the poor... and what's the fun in that?

Both problems need to be solved. Of course ignoring one side out of political expediency is all the rage
Hopefully you understand when you tax Walmart or Exxon , the customer will pay for that tax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I think corporations should pay zero taxes for the next five years. Get them back into the US then walk up their tax rates to a level that is competitive to the rest of the world. If I were running a global company and the US taxes me at 30% and some other country does at 15% where is the most logical place for me to go? As for the laws (loopholes) I'm all for changing them. Nobody else seems to be. Companies lobby congress for special "loopholes" for thier industry etc. They wouldn't have to if the whole thing was changed to something that made sense. The entire tax system should be scrapped in my opinion to begin with.

No the problem with entitlements is their tax money is going to their neighbor who is sitting at home eating tbone steaks while they work their ass off everyday and eat hamburger. They see their money handed to folks being foreclosed on with Hamp and other programs because they signed up for a loan they couldn't afford while they take on a second job to pay theirs while their investment in their home goes belly up. That is what the problem is.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
What the hell do corporations have to do with this kid taking taxpayer money under false pretenses?

It's nothing short of childish to make excuses and it is nothing less than trite for the libs on this site to holler CORPORATIONS!!!, as if they have a single thing to do with this. (I guess they holler 'Corporations!!! when they can't conjure up a way to blame it on George W. Bush.)

Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
It upsets me when I see clowns in the video who scam the system for $500 a month, it really upsets me when I see Banks scam the system for trillions

Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
What the hell do corporations have to do with this kid taking taxpayer money under false pretenses?
So you don't want a kid taking several hundred dollars of taxpayer money, but you have no problem with corporations taking trillions from the taxpayers

Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:

It's nothing short of childish to make excuses and it is nothing less than trite for the libs on this site to holler CORPORATIONS!!!, as if they have a single thing to do with this. (I guess they holler 'Corporations!!! when they can't conjure up a way to blame it on George W. Bush.)
It has to do with keeping your eye on the ball. You look at minor frauds committed by a poor, undereducated underclass, but ignore the explosive fraud and unfairness in corporate tax law and loopholes-- where corporations rob the treasury of much needed funds to the tune of hundreds of billions.

The connection is obvious.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So you don't want a kid taking several hundred dollars of taxpayer money, but you have no problem with corporations taking trillions from the taxpayers
And just how do they "take" trillions?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
It has to do with keeping your eye on the ball. You look at minor frauds committed by a poor, undereducated underclass, but ignore the explosive fraud and unfairness in corporate tax law and loopholes-- where corporations rob the treasury of much needed funds to the tune of hundreds of billions.

So I will as again who do you think pays those taxes when you tax corporations lik walmartband Exxon. Any loop hole you remove will be passed on to the consumers so it has no effect on big corporations bottom line.
For the small business who need it to stay I'm business you will destroy small business

Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
And just how do they "take" trillions?
Something called the bailout, perhaps you heard of it. Bush and Obama passed it.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Obvious only to those in need of more fresh air. The treasury doesn't need another dime and the government doesn't deserve it. They need to cut spending. 'Minor frauds', as you call it (some would call it Grand Larceny) have a way of adding up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies