Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times

Advertisements

" A Delaware bankruptcy judge has approved close to $370,000 in bonuses for certain employees of Solyndra LLC, a solar panel manufacturer that received a half-billion dollar loan from the federal government before declaring bankruptcy."

"Attorneys for former Solyndra workers laid off just before bankruptcy filing objected to the proposed bonuses."

Read more: Bankruptcy Judge Approves Solyndra Bonuses | Fox News

Guess what! The former Solyndra workers aren't the only ones objecting to the bonuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Wow.

That's just ****ing disgusting.

Makes me wonder why I worked for 9 months with no pay in 2009 to keep my business afloat.

Should have just let it go down in flames and taken unemployment for 99 weeks.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
To late for us. learn to live with it.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
The bonuses are Keynesian stimulus.

The US loves to give quasi-intelligent people money.

Why would the US give somebody successful cash?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
" A Delaware bankruptcy judge has approved close to $370,000 in bonuses for certain employees of Solyndra LLC, a solar panel manufacturer that received a half-billion dollar loan from the federal government before declaring bankruptcy."

"Attorneys for former Solyndra workers laid off just before bankruptcy filing objected to the proposed bonuses."

Read more: Bankruptcy Judge Approves Solyndra Bonuses | Fox News

Guess what! The former Solyndra workers aren't the only ones objecting to the bonuses.
AMEN! BUT... when it's the finance industry or automotive industry... executive pay reforms were long overdue for reform prior to fiscal meltdown. And they still are thanks to republicans defending predators 'right' to prey. I'd like to see consumer protections favor investors/ shareholders far more than they favor prima donna's printing out blank checks for themselves in a LLC.

Is there a difference between garden variety losers kiting checks and these individuals? Is there a difference between legitimate commerce and organized crime?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Wow.

That's just ****ing disgusting.

Makes me wonder why I worked for 9 months with no pay in 2009 to keep my business afloat.

Should have just let it go down in flames and taken unemployment for 99 weeks.
HA! You mean, you don't know how to make a career out of avoiding responsibility like teflon don's in board rooms?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
GM stock was selling for over $40 a share 5 or 6 years ago. That stock is worthless today.

Today's GM is not the same company it was 5 years ago.

Maybe we should bailout buggy whip companies that went bust in the Financial Panic of 1907.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
AMEN! BUT... when it's the finance industry or automotive industry... executive pay reforms were long overdue for reform prior to fiscal meltdown. And they still are thanks to republicans defending predators 'right' to prey. I'd like to see consumer protections favor investors/ shareholders far more than they favor prima donna's printing out blank checks for themselves in a LLC.

Is there a difference between garden variety losers kiting checks and these individuals? Is there a difference between legitimate commerce and organized crime?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 AM

38 posts, read 48,849 times
Wow I owned a small business for 13 years, there is no one possible I would get away with this. We are living in a Plutocracy.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:33 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
it sure is a mess. i saw this:

Out of the hundreds of out-of-work employees, vendors, investors and other creditors in the bankruptcy of government-backed solar-panel maker Solyndra LLC, one name stands out: the California Democratic Party.

Why California Democrats would be creditor to a company that received more than a half-billion dollars in federal loans to build a solar-panel plant isn’t clear.

and this today:
Another company that benefited from millions of dollars in stimulus money, as well as state aid, is laying off workers. According to CapCon, A123 Systems received a combined $390.1 million for it’s battery manufacturing operation, only to turn around and lay off 125 employees. What’s worse is that the company richly rewarded its top executives at the same time, even as the company was millions of dollars in the red. It looks like the bigwigs were the only people stimulated.

In the nine months since David Prystash was named Chief Financial Officer of A123 Systems — the battery manufacturer that received $390.1 million in federal and state subsidies — the company has laid off 125 employees and had a net loss of $172 million through the first three quarters of 2011.

A123 Systems also learned earlier this month that the company that was to be the main purchaser of its batteries — Fisker Automotive — had its federal funding cut off for missing milestones and had to lay off its own employees. A123 Systems had invested $23 million into Fisker.

Yet, this month A123’s Compensation Committee approved a $30,000 raise for Prystash just days after Fisker Automotive announced the U.S. Energy Department had cut off what was left of its $528.7 million loan it had previously received.

Prystash wasn’t the only executive to see a big raise this month. Robert Johnson, vice president of the energy solutions group, got a 20.7 percent pay increase going from $331,250 to $400,000, while Jason Forcier, vice president of the automotive solutions group, saw his pay increase from $331,250 to $350,000. Prystash’s raise was 8.5 percent, going from $350,000 to $380,000. (source, lonely conservative)

the rich get richer, and the rest of us get to pay for the privilege.

Last edited by floridasandy; 02-27-2012 at 03:43 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
And you think the Republicans, who aren't even in power, love Big Business ?
Better think again folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies