Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
"Normal" meaning heterosexual, non-feminized men as opposed to gay or feminist men.
funny because i'm often described as being too normal and average and yet i'm gay. i'm the average guy next door.

and i've never experienced NOT being gay so being gay to me is normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I mean gays don't have the right to get married in that state until it's legalized, but straight couples shouldn't be denied marriage because it's their right. It's not the gays right yet because it's not legal there.
Gay marriage is a major controversial issue in my state. The gay judge (a woman) has no right to deny straight couples marriage ceremonies. I think these people personally have a grudge against the heterosexual male, hence why this chick is refusing to marry straight couples.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I mean gays don't have the right to get married in that state until it's legalized, but straight couples shouldn't be denied marriage because it's their right. It's not the gays right yet because it's not legal there.
actually according to the constitution the government can't give JUST SOME people a right, it has to be ALL OR NOTHING.

so if you are saying straight people have this right that means by DEFAULt according to the 14th amendment... I HAVE IT TOO.

that also means if i DON"T have that right then constitutionally NEITHER DO YOU.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Gay marriage is a major controversial issue in my state. The gay judge (a woman) has no right to deny straight couples marriage ceremonies. I think these people personally have a grudge against the heterosexual male, hence why this chick is refusing to marry straight couples.
well i can't get married in your state at all.. obviously some straight judges have a grudge with me.. or rather my trait.. called a sexual orientation.

grudges with unchosen traits is often what we refer to as bigotry.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Again that's your definition of normal and not the status quo. How about the women, hm? You might want to amend that.

Either way, the point is it is still as it always has been and forever will be unconstitutional to deny a group the right to marry just because you think it's "icky" and don't agree with it.

Get your religion out of my law and my government. As twins just pointed out, marriage was civil FAR, FAR, FAR before religion took a hold of it. Research please.
The only women I consider normal are straight, feminine, non-feminist women.

Get feminism out of my way, the law and the government as it creates more trouble and destroys heterosexual relationships.

It's funny how gays and their straight supporters blame religion (even though I'm not too religious) for ruining the institution of marriage.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:

Get feminism out of my way, the law and the government as it creates more trouble and destroys heterosexual relationships.

It's funny how gays and their straight supporters blame religion (even though I'm not too religious) for ruining the institution of marriage.
Please, point to any gay relationship that destroyed a hetero one.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM

736 posts, read 524,787 times
The judge doesn't have the right to deny straight people the right to marriage. That's all there is to it. Gays don't have the right yet in Texas, so I think it's just her personal problem. If she doesn't like the laws in Texas then she can leave.

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
I think these people personally have a grudge against the heterosexual male
Oh this is rich.

"MY GROUP OF PEOPLE IS BEING TREATED DIFFERENTLY THAN THE REST THUS THE PEOPLE DOING THE DISCRIMINATING HAVE A PERSONAL GRUDGE AGAINST US!"

Please. As ignorant and asinine as that is, I actually pity you because you're now getting a taste of what many, many, many other social groups go through.

I'm not debating whether or not the judge has the right to do that (and she very well may as a new precedent could be set here); however, the message she is sending is what's important here.

Now the only reason why you may feel that way is because, oh I don't know, the heterosexual male have been proven time and time again to be prejudice, racist, misogynistic, and just downright close-minded when it comes to other social groups? That COULD be it, though I might be off on one or two things.

The message is important here and face it: you're on the receiving end of it.

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:

I could give a rats ass about "the institution of marriage". All I want is equal access to civil marriage law as required by the Constitution.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:

They blame religion because the Religious Right has been the major (not only) proponent why this is becoming an issue to begin with. If you don't agree with it, that's fine and well. To deny a sect of people a fundamental American right that is guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States? That's just wrong, asinine and simply put, un-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies