Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:26 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,579,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Little boy cried wolf one to many times
???

your post makes absolutely NO sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 PM

27,740 posts, read 16,246,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
???

Just more psychologic abuse

Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,871,345 times
Quote:
???

It makes perfect sense.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,407,591 times
Actually the 'race card' i.e. false accusation of racism for partisan purposes, was shown to be a real problem back in 2008 with the case of Spencer Ackerman. Some lefty activist-journalists were trying to figure out how to deal with the Rev. Wright story. One of them, Spencer Ackermann (known as 'attackerman') came up with the idea of playing the race card.

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily caller
Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”
You have the question exactly backwards and upside down. The question should be: "does the race card allow the left to perpetuate racial division and hostilites, while purporting themselves to be anti-racism?" And the answer would be 'why, yes.'

Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,579,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hardly being a sociopath. If I say i don't think gays, lesbians, transgendered and bisexuals should serve in the military, I'll have the 'homophobic' card thrown at me. If Newt calls the president the "Food Stamp president" he has the 'race' card thrown at him.

you don't think i should have access to a career because of an unchosen trait i was born with that does not make me physically incapable of doing a job.

so you're saying believeing i should be a second class citizen is NOT YOU being a BIGOT.. it's ME playing the BIGOT CARD?

even though this has a VERY REAL impact on MY LIFE?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
you don't think i should have access to a career because of an unchosen trait i was born with that does not make me physically incapable of doing a job.

so you're saying believeing i should be a second class citizen is NOT YOU being a BIGOT.. it's ME playing the BIGOT CARD?

even though this has a VERY REAL impact on MY LIFE?
Allowing statements that you've created in your own head based on ignorant assumptions that you've made about people have a VERY REAL impact on your LIFE is a sign of mental instability.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,081,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Actually the 'race card' i.e. false accusation of racism for partisan purposes, was shown to be a real problem back in 2008 with the case of Spencer Ackerman. Some lefty activist-journalists were trying to figure out how to deal with the Rev. Wright story. One of them, Spencer Ackermann (known as 'attackerman') came up with the idea of playing the race card.

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

You have the question exactly backwards and upside down. The question should be: "does the race card allow the left to perpetuate racial division and hostilites, while purporting themselves to be anti-racism?" And the answer would be 'why, yes.'
If you guys don't like the race card being used, here is an idea, don't give us a reason to you use it. It is always in our back pocket and we are not afraid to use it. As long as it helps democrats get elected into office, it always be used no matter how baseless the claim may be.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If you guys don't like the race card being used, here is an idea, don't give us a reason to you use it. It is always in our back pocket and we are not afraid to use it. As long as it helps democrats get elected into office, it always be used no matter how baseless the claim may be.
You don't think the majority of the people in this country know that by now? That's why the daily claims of racism are completely ignored by people with common sense, we know that you're liars and you are only looking for political gain.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:59 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,858,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't not like you for your sexual orientation at all. What I want gay people to do is to stop trying to push so hard and accept life as they did in the closeted days. Now don't think I don't want them to stay in the closet because I said that. I want them to let time handle their problem just as you expect me to do with liberals in control of our government. Push a bit gentler than in the past few years and I bet it would happen a lot sooner. Of course, I might be wrong, too.
Whenever a hear or read such a statement, I'm reminded of what Dr. King wrote in his Letter from the Birmingham Jail.

“Letter From Birmingham Jail”

I had also hoped that the white moderate would reject the myth concerning time in relation to the struggle for freedom. I have just received a letter from a white brother in Texas. He writes: "All Christians know that the colored people will receive equal rights eventually, but it is possible that you are in too great a religious hurry. It has taken Christianity almost two thousand years to accomplish what it has. The teachings of Christ take time to come to earth." Such an attitude stems from a tragic misconception of time, from the strangely rational notion that there is something in the very flow of time that will inevitably cure all ills. Actually, time itself is neutral; it can be used either destructively or constructively. More and more I feel that the people of ill will have used time much more effectively than have the people of good will. We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. Human progress never rolls in on wheels of inevitability; it comes through the tireless efforts of men willing to be co-workers with God, and without this hard work, time itself becomes an ally of the forces of social stagnation. We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right. Now is the time to make real the promise of democracy and transform our pending national elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. Now is the time to lift our national policy from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of human dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies