Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last few months, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic republic could produce an atomic bomb.

The International Atomic Energy Agency report also said Iran failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats say the amount unaccounted for is large enough to be used for experiments in arming a nuclear missile.
Iran Nuclear Program: IAEA Report Says Country Ramped Up Uranium Enrichment

Iran cannot be trusted.

I fear that the U.S. may be in another war very soon.

If we are, this time we better drop the big one.

We are in the lull before the storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
I do not believe it in the least...to many other "experts" completely disagree with this.

As for being in a war soon? THAT'S possible,but once again it will be an unjustified war...America is getting really good at that....Lying and Warring

Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Iran Nuclear Program: IAEA Report Says Country Ramped Up Uranium Enrichment

Iran cannot be trusted.

I fear that the U.S. may be in another war very soon.

If we are, this time we better drop the big one.

We are in the lull before the storm.
Iranian government is like a crazy next door neighbor who walks around carrying a shotgun, while screaming every day about how he wishes you and your wife and kids were dead.... nothing to worry about at all. I'm sure he will never load the gun.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
I just checked under my bed and there were no muslims with nukes.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I just checked under my bed and there were no muslims with nukes.
Pakistan.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
Quote:
Iranian government is like a crazy next door neighbor
Iran is not anywhere near a next-door neighbor to the United States...

Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Pakistan.
Pakistan is not under my bed.

I do find it ironic that the US is the only country to have used nukes on another, and yet many Americans believe we have some moral high ground as to who else should be trusted with them.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Iran is not anywhere near a next-door neighbor to the United States...
You are correct, they are only an ICBM or so away, as are China, Russia, N. Korea, Pakistan, India,....... . It is way past time cooler heads prevail but those are more scare than hen's teeth these days.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
While I find no joy over another nation gaining nuclear weapons, I also why Iran would follow in the insane footsteps of every other nation that has done.

So what is to be done? Not much from my position unless the U.S. and Israel intend on invading Iran and occupying it for the foreseeable future. Bombing Iran's nuclear facilities will only delay the process after all you cannot bomb desire, knowledge, or a nation's commitment to being a nuclear power.

Since invasion is not an option, Iran is not Iraq, the only option that I can foresee is the same option that all the other nuclear powers have been operating under since the nuclear genie has been out of the box, the firm assertion that any use of nuclear weapons will be met with massive nuclear retaliation, MAD as it is quite correctly termed.

But if anyone has a better idea, I am happy to read it.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pakistan is not under my bed.

I do find it ironic that the US is the only country to have used nukes on another, and yet many Americans believe we have some moral high ground as to who else should be trusted with them.
Oh, so under your bed is where you expected to find crazy muslims with nukes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies