Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,832 times

Advertisements

so now they can be bigoted towards gays or say something racist and if you say anything, they can just claim that you're using a 'card' or 'calling them a name'.

Doesn't this effectively end ANY WAY to call out bigotry?

so are we now NOT ABLE to POINT OUT bigoted thoughts, beliefs and ideas, because people say we're using a 'card'

OTHER than maybe perhaps, just admitting to be racists or homophobic?

this is extremely irritating,

i actually think it's psychologically abusive, kinda of sociopathic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
so now they can be bigoted towards gays or say something racist and if you say anything, they can just claim that you're using a 'card' or 'calling them a name'.

so are we now NOT ABLE to POINT OUT bigoted thoughts, beliefs and ideas, because people say we're using a 'card'

I am sure that you don't even see that Republican Congress people are afraid to get too vocal about Obama because they know that no matter what the left and its media would come back with the race card. I am saying that they really do fear what would happen if they get a bit out of line. Of course, when Bush was there the Dems could say whatever they wanted and the media would defend them.

I don't care about the homophobic talk since that is a new term that was brought into existence by that same media. I have to be considered one of those because of how I think and I am sure that you have seen me say things that caused you and others like you to bring out that card because I just can't support gay marriage.

The race card has been around as long as certain black Congress critters have been using it, and surely you have seen it.

Oh well slap them down hard when you play them on me.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
"have conservative found a way to get away with racism and bigotry by all using all this' card' talk?"

No, not when the card has a zero balance.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sure that you don't even see that Republican Congress people are afraid to get too vocal about Obama because they know that no matter what the left and its media would come back with the race card. I am saying that they really do fear what would happen if they get a bit out of line. Of course, when Bush was there the Dems could say whatever they wanted and the media would defend them.

I don't care about the homophobic talk since that is a new term that was brought into existence by that same media. I have to be considered one of those because of how I think and I am sure that you have seen me say things that caused you and others like you to bring out that card because I just can't support gay marriage.

The race card has been around as long as certain black Congress critters have been using it, and surely you have seen it.

Oh well slap them down hard when you play them on me.

uh, yes if you don't think i should be able to get married, you must NOT like me very much,

let me ask you this... why should i support YOUR marriage, should YOU need my permission to GET MARRIED?

are you advocating for GAY people to marry straight people?

what is it you are expecting gay people to do.. and WHY?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times
Quote:
uh, yes if you don't think i should be able to get married, you must NOT like me very much,

let me ask you this... why should i support YOUR marriage, should YOU need my permission to GET MARRIED?

are you advocating for GAY people to marry straight people?

what is it you are expecting gay people to do.. and WHY?
I don't not like you for your sexual orientation at all. What I want gay people to do is to stop trying to push so hard and accept life as they did in the closeted days. Now don't think I don't want them to stay in the closet because I said that. I want them to let time handle their problem just as you expect me to do with liberals in control of our government. Push a bit gentler than in the past few years and I bet it would happen a lot sooner. Of course, I might be wrong, too.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM

38,066 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:

Hardly being a sociopath. If I say i don't think gays, lesbians, transgendered and bisexuals should serve in the military, I'll have the 'homophobic' card thrown at me. If Newt calls the president the "Food Stamp president" he has the 'race' card thrown at him.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,951,314 times
Is this a backdoor premise into a gay marriage thread? I'd like to know what I am debating please? Gay's sometimes forget that privileges like drivers licenses... marriage licenses are at the behest of some entity that has an authority invested (by you or someone like you) in deeming you worthy of the privilege. Two people don't get married, two people are married by their state or a religious or secular representative of same, empowered by that state to perform marriage unions. They need permission to do this. Once ago they had to supply blood samples ostensibly proving that they were free from venereal disease. It wasn't enough simply to be man and woman and of the same race the two people also had to be disease free. My point: conditions precluding marriage could and were stipulated and these were not subject to review or petition. In other words, its nothing personal against Gays, the requirements for marriage were for a man and woman of childbearing years, free from disease with the intent to procreate. Obviously things have slipped a whole lot since then and Gay's make a great case for just scrapping the whole marriage nonsense wholesale. Ironically that is exactly what Gays do not want. They want marriage as it appears to be for the majority of people being married but opened to participants of the same sex. On its face it appears harmless. The reality is that exactly as the loss of a case in criminal court opens the way to a secondary civil lawsuit in which the outcome is usually prejudiced by the outcome in the previous trial, marriage will likely not survive the widespread practice of marrying gays on equal standing with heterosexual couples. You will have 'marriage' i.e. Civil Unions but unless the church gets on board and allows 'weddings' in which same sex couples can marry on equal standing with heterosexual couples then you don't really have marriage equality. That fight is coming. Count on it.

H

Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,802,941 times
Quote:

It's a means of rationalizing their abuse & ignorance. Same can be said of this Hitler rule someone concocted claiming the mere mention of an aspect of ill dignified behavior ought to be ignored because it's not on a significant enough scale (yet).

First they accuse their enemy of a crime, then send everyone rushing to investigate fact from fiction, then they commence to commit the crime they accused others. Joseph McCarthy was an enemy of the state in plain sight. The best defense (of BS) is a good offense, which explains why so much sewage emanates from them. United in hatred is the 'other' America they intend to live out. The real America be damned.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't not like you for your sexual orientation at all. What I want gay people to do is to stop trying to push so hard and accept life as they did in the closeted days. Now don't think I don't want them to stay in the closet because I said that. I want them to let time handle their problem just as you expect me to do with liberals in control of our government. Push a bit gentler than in the past few years and I bet it would happen a lot sooner. Of course, I might be wrong, too.
what problem? what are you talking about? i'm not pushing anything, i'm getting something that the constitution says that i'm supposed to be getting.

the people pushing are on the other side, they are upset that they can't be better than somebody and must ensure that others suffer because they enjoy hating.

being deny a constitutional right isn't something that 'goes away' on it's own, never has never will.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:57 PM

576 posts, read 586,773 times
No. Easy answer. Not EVERYTHING is racist or "homophobic"
Sure, SOME things are, but calling someone a racist or homophobe is used a lot of times to deflect an argument because they cant debate on facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies