Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The Klan was originated by your beloved Democrats. Don't let reality stand in the way of your blind support.
I have the good fortune of being aware of reality, not just reality up to the civil rights act.
Quote:
I still don't understand. Why do I have to care who you're boinking?
You don't have to care, nor should you. Ask NOM, Focus on the Family, Pat Robertson, etc why they're so obsessed with what other people do and why they feel the need to control what people can and cannot do.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,939,799 times
I support gay rights, but personally believe anal sex is nasty for anyone (straight or gay) . . . and since it apparently is a preferred form of sexuality for gays, I think this could be a reason that a lot of people are prejudiced against gay people.

When you look at a straight couple, you don't think of anal sex right off the bat, but when you look at a gay couple, it does cross one's mind (and don't lie and say it doesn't). I just think that is "unnatural."

Maybe it is my Catholic upbringing, but on a personal level, I can't seem to get past it.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:53 PM

253 posts, read 558,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The Klan was originated by your beloved Democrats. Don't let reality stand in the way of your blind support.
The bigots of the Tea Party represent the Republicans, so what? Just so you know all those years ago what the Republicans use to stand for were the ideals that the Democrats have now and vice versa. Republicans just represent extremist Christians and any extreme form of religion is not right.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:59 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,015,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janacanada View Post
The bigots of the Tea Party represent the Republicans, so what? Just so you know all those years ago what the Republicans use to stand for were the ideals that the Democrats have now and vice versa. Republicans just represent extremist Christians and any extreme form of religion is not right.
What bigots would those be? Do you have anything other than mindless leftist drivel to support your assertions?

I'm neither a Republican nor a Tea Party member but find the history of both far less filled with racial or other oppression than that of Democrats.

You're easily fooled if you believe either party stands for anything other than increasing the wealth and power of it's leaders.

Given that you're a Canadian how are the opinions and views of an outsider looking in at all reflective of an accurate view of our political or social issues?

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-25-2012 at 10:10 PM..

Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
There's nothing blind about it. One party fights equality every step of the way, fights to write hate into the constitution, and fights to undo the progress that has been made.

The other got DADT repealed, expanded benefits for gay federal employees to end some of the preferential treatment given to straight couples, signed marriage bills into law, etc. The precious few Republicans who have stepped up and helped push equality forward should be committed, but they are by far in the minority.
What? Seriously? A dem signed DOMA, lest we forget. Obama had BOTH the house and the senate, had the power to attempt to legislate nationwide change, and did nothing. Half the states in this country are 'blue,' and yet only 7 states have managed to get some kind of marriage passed.

One party pays LIP SERVICE to real change but that's pretty much all they do and what they do accomplish is not enough reason to go along with all the other nonsense they propose.

That is my point. You are going to support an entire party and all its ludicrous platforms based on something they keep saying they will do but are pretty damn short on delivering? I think that is dumb. Even if they weren't all blowing hot air, you are going to tell me that people's lives actually revolve around this one topic? That's as dumb as voting republican because you hate abortion.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I support gay rights, but personally believe anal sex is nasty for anyone (straight or gay) . . . and since it apparently is a preferred form of sexuality for gays, I think this could be a reason that a lot of people are prejudiced against gay people.

When you look at a straight couple, you don't think of anal sex right off the bat, but when you look at a gay couple, it does cross one's mind (and don't lie and say it doesn't). I just think that is "unnatural."

Maybe it is my Catholic upbringing, but on a personal level, I can't seem to get past it.
Intuition tells us that a penis is intended for a vagina, nothing else... at least from an evolutionary perspective. We know how we were naturally created. And we know that anal sex, even in 2 healthy males involves health risks like infection, anal cancer, colon rupture & anal fissures.
Then there are also Stats from the US CDC which show that gay men change partners more often & get STDs and HIV/AIDs way more often than heterosexuals. Just can't get that right "fit."

Also:
Marriage is to protect the FUTURE of society... CHILDREN.
How can a child be conceived? By 2 of the same sex masterbating for each other? Nope. Only by a sperm from a man and an egg from a woman.
As it is, gay couples already have rights under common law marriage and cohabitation agreements. Trying to redefine marriage legally, is just trying to force society at large to accept the minorities sexual deviations. What's next? Accepting pedophiles' sexual deviations - which has actually been considered based on this distorted thinking?...
The APA's and the Pedophilia Controversy

Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Intuition tells us that a penis is intended for a vagina, nothing else... at least from an evolutionary perspective. We know how we were naturally created. And we know that anal sex, even in 2 healthy males involves health risks like infection, anal cancer, colon rupture & anal fissures.
Then there are also Stats from the US CDC which show that gay men change partners more often & get STDs and HIV/AIDs way more often than heterosexuals. Just can't get that right "fit."

Also:
Marriage is to protect the FUTURE of society... CHILDREN.
How can a child be conceived? By 2 of the same sex masterbating for each other? Nope. Only by a sperm from a man and an egg from a woman.
As it is, gay couples already have rights under common law marriage and cohabitation agreements. Trying to redefine marriage legally, is just trying to force society at large to accept the minorities sexual deviations. What's next? Accepting pedophiles' sexual deviations - which has actually been considered based on this distorted thinking?...
The APA's and the Pedophilia Controversy

It's unfortunate that some people would use my post as a reason to discriminate against gay rights . . .I posted it because I believe it is a reason people are so hateful against gays and so opposed to gay rights.

Anal sex is gross, but it is not a reason to discriminate against people and their right to marry whomever they please.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:

It's unfortunate that some people would use my post as a reason to discriminate against gay rights . . .I posted it because I believe it is a reason people are so hateful against gays and so opposed to gay rights.

Anal sex is gross, but it is not a reason to discriminate against people and their right to marry whomever they please.
Agreed. And when I look at 2 lesbians, I don't think about anal sex.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:

Think about this further, than just validating the loveydove-love 2 people have for each other.

Think about CHILDREN.
They can ONLY be created by a man and a woman.
Do you think nature doesn't know what it's doing?
Nature does know... and it all fits, not just anatomically but also socially & psychologically...

Think about this, Imcurious...
When you say, "people have a LEGAL right to marry whoever they please"... you are saying, "Children don't need a dad" or "Children don't need a mom." When we KNOW they not only need both a mother and father to EXIST... but also to thrive...

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
Children Need Both A Mother And A Father

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/ ... -a-father/

When you insist on giving people with sexual deviating preferences marital legal "rights" - you are denying children of the right to be raised by the 2 opposite sexes that created them.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Think about this further, than just validating the loveydove-love 2 people have for each other.

Think about CHILDREN.
They can ONLY be created by a man and a woman.
Do you think nature doesn't know what it's doing?
Nature does know... and it all fits, not just anatomically but also socially & psychologically...

Think about this, Imcurious...
When you say, "people have a LEGAL right to marry whoever they please"... you are saying, "Children don't need a dad" or "Children don't need a mom." When we KNOW they not only need both a mother and father to EXIST... but also to thrive...

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
Children Need Both A Mother And A Father

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/ ... -a-father/

When you insist on giving people with sexual deviating preferences marital legal "rights" - you are denying children of the right to be raised by the 2 opposite sexes that created them.
I am not going to get into an argument with a militant anti-gay person with some kind of weird agenda.

Marriage is not just about children . . .it is a commitment between two people that confers certain rights upon them.

And gay people are just as competent as straight people at being exceptional or adequate parents. There are a ton of straight, married parents who are nightmares . . .so your argument is too theoretical to apply to "reality."

What is your agenda, anyway? Why do you even care?

Is it religious in nature? (rolls eyes) . . . you are probably a male who protests against abortion in your spare time when you aren't harassing gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies