Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 09:23 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times

Advertisements

PilotOnline.com: national & world News for Hampton Roads, Va., from The Virginian-Pilot (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHILD_SUPPORT_DEBTS?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=HOME&TEM PLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

Interesting.
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Old child support debts could cost thousands of poor men their only income next year because of a policy aimed at reducing the cost to the government of mailing paper checks to pay federal benefits.
Basically, people receive checks from the government so that they don't get deposited into bank accounts that can be frozen, to pay debts they owe.

My question is, ONLY MEN? I am sure there are some women in that group, though people don't want to believe that a MAN can be raising the children, while the woman can be a deadbeat. I know this to be true, have raised my children, and having to take my "X" to court and turn the child support over to the Division of Child Support Enforcement, (DCSE). I got tired of being accused of being MEAN by requiring that my "X" help provide support, and once was accused of "Raping her paycheck". A whopping $250 per month per child, a total of $500 a month. I mean really, there are men out there who would KILL to pay that little towards their children's support.

I also see the problem with the proposal, if the max that can be withheld is 65%, but they can freeze bank accounts, and that means withholding 100%, I can agree that's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies