Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
So what was the point of this thread again? To whine and stomp your feet about people you deem are irresponsible? Funny, I can think of quite a few ways the number of people on WIC and welfare can be decreased but you have given us NOTHING on this thread but your ceaseless b*tching about "personal responsibility". No reaosnable answers other than "shut it down". And here I thought we could have a reasonable debate on the issue of welfare, but you seem incapable of stepping up to bat like an adult.

PS: Oh, the assumption, the assumptions. I've never been on WIC at all. But thanks for ASSuming this. When my dad's house blew up and I was homeless, I was on food stamps for a couple of months, but I took myself off of them when I got a job. Once again, if you really knew my position on things like welfare, you wouldn't be jumping to such inaccurate conclusions.

But no worries. Keep playing the fool, keep ASSuming and hyperbolizing. It's fun to watch you squirm and stuff your foot in your mouth, but I've got things to do (told myself I wouldn't come back, but my rep points keep bringing me here). People are correct in this thread and others when they say you're dense...
I may have confused you with one of the other posters who acknowledged to using WIC. But that doesn't take away from the fact that you have not provided any logic as to why this isn't a PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY issue?

When will you hold people accountable for thier actions? EVER?

When have you ever stood up and said "Enough is enough. It's time for people to STOP what they're doing and get control of themselves for the good of this nation?"

Since you say you're full of good ideas....lets hear them. And you can start by telling us when you've drawn a line in the sand as I have done on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 01:26 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,086,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If welfare, food stamps, and WIC are unconstitutional, why do they exist? Why haven't republicans eliminated these entitlements when they had control of house and senate. Its republicans who rail against these programs, yet bush didn't eliminate them when he had the chance.
That's a great question.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:26 PM

30,909 posts, read 37,047,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Stop crying and trying to dictate how people should live. Thank you.
People can do whatever they want if it's not on the taxpayers' dime. If it is, then the taxpayers DO have a say in the choices people make.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:28 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,367,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Please stop posting.

You're embarrassing yourself.
LOL, not according to the nearly dozen who've repped me thus far.

I'm done mainly b/c you, AeroGuy, and your ilk are living in la-la land and I'm not paid to pull people out of it.

PS- this thread wasn't about the military spending or Constitution, but thanks for the derailment....

It's been fun, but I have a quota on the amount of ridiculousness I can stand on this forum and the OP and his pointless thread has far surpassed that quota.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,080,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm not for any subsidies, not for oil companies or people. We've been dumping millions of dollars into the public school system since the '70s, hows that worked out?

I think alot of you have taken AeroGuyDC's thread out of context, and the worst part is we ( me, him, and alphamale) disagree 90% of the time. If I understand what they are saying why is it so hard for everyone else?

The problem with Aero is, he seems to think if you cut off funding that poor people will all of sudden stop having kids. Its not like obama will announce the end of WIC today and in two years there won't be any poor people with kids under the age of 5. We agree that poor people shouldnt have kids they can't afford, but we understand and accept that there will alaways be unplanned pregnancies by poor people and we want to make sure kids are able to eat. We all are going to pay taxes, so we'd rather our tax dollars go to programs that helps kids who either have crappy parents or parents who fell into an unforunante circumstance. Aero also seems to think everybody on WIC wants to be poor and have the government take care of them. That is simply not the case. I refuse to believe all 9 million people on WIC enjoy being poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I don't think it's moot at all. Why not have all food hand outs required to be healthy food?
it was moot b/c this thread was about WIC, which already requires that the food be healthy. WIC doesn't allow junk food, highly processed meals, ice cream, soda, etc. I've said it more than once before that I prefer WIC's system over SNAP/food stamps.

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
Quote:
LOL, not according to the nearly dozen who've repped me thus far.

I'm done mainly b/c you, AeroGuy, and your ilk are living in la-la land and I'm not paid to pull people out of it.

PS- this thread wasn't about the military spending or Constitution, but thanks for the derailment....

It's been fun, but I have a quota on the amount of ridiculousness I can stand on this forum and the OP and his pointless thread has far surpassed that quota.
Ah ok...so you're done now huh?

Pointless thread? Only if you abhor personal responsibility. Which you clearly do.

Do you have an answer for that? You should clear this up or forever be known as the anti-personal responsibility type. Because I can promise you it will stick if you hang around this forum spewing this kind of tripe.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There is only ONE way.

That is by respecting our nations laws.

Read the Constitution.

Read the founders original intent when you don't understand something.

Read the federalist papers.
Congrats, my point went right over your head.

My point was, the current state of welfare is broken and far from "my way".

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,080,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I may have confused you with one of the other posters who acknowledged to using WIC. But that doesn't take away from the fact that you have not provided any logic as to why this isn't a PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY issue?

When will you hold people accountable for thier actions? EVER?

When have you ever stood up and said "Enough is enough. It's time for people to STOP what they're doing and get control of themselves for the good of this nation?"

Since you say you're full of good ideas....lets hear them. And you can start by telling us when you've drawn a line in the sand as I have done on this thread.
Aero, it won't matter if you cut off funding. There will always be poor people who have kids. You can talk about personal responsibility all you want, but we are not about to cut off an entitlement that will impact kids. What is so hard to understand?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How did the poster embarrass him/herself? I did not see anything in the post other than reasoning and facts.
Quote:
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE FACTS!!!!! IT'S ABOUT PERSONAL IRRESPONSIBILITY, GOD DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good try though. I gave up on posting facts and evidence as they were immediately called "false" by the OP with zero explanation on why they were....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies