Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 02:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,277,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Show us the facts.

Yes, please show us the facts. Please show the abuse of WIC by families and a breakdown of how that money is being abused.

As for laws that republipukes want to propose and defund:

http://www.democraticwhip.gov/conten...ealth-programs

On Topic: Walker budget cuts will lead to cervical cancer deaths, hygiene lab doctor predicts

Budget committee cuts grants to Planned Parenthood - JSOnline

House Republicans Want To Cut Community Clinic Funding, Ripping A Hole In The Safety Net And Leaving Uninsured Without Care | The New Republic

Minnesota GOP seeks to defund family planning programs | Minnesota Independent

Republicans Cut Funds For School-Based Health Centers | Political Correction

Capps, Dingell: Republican Effort to Defund School-Based Health Clinics Puts the Health of Our Kids At Risk - Rep. Dingell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,109,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I was actually responding to this ... and the absurd notion that "it really is that simple".
It is that simple. I think human beings should be expected to have more self control and brains than animals that can't control their actions.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,277,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
If it prevents pregnancy, why isn't it worth it?
when you work 2 jobs to support your family, can you waste 2 hours to travel 40 miles by bus, then wait another 3-4 hours to finally see a doctor then another 24 hours to finally get your prescription filled?

and many of these families are not salaried, so if they take time off to go to the doctor, that is money that she/he has lost for not working that day.

Many families can't afford to that.

Quote:
And there are less expensive forms of birth control if you can't afford the pills.
The best form of Birth control for women is the pill. Diaphragms, you need to be fitted by a doctor and that is expensive. IUD are dangerous and cause more problems for a woman even after its removal.

For the woman to be responsible, the pill is the BEST option.

And birth control works better when MULTIPLE of them are used. Woman the pill, the man a condom. So even if the condom breaks, she still has that barrier because she is on the pill

Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,070,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
LOL, not according to the nearly dozen who've repped me thus far.

I'm done mainly b/c you, AeroGuy, and your ilk are living in la-la land and I'm not paid to pull people out of it.

PS- this thread wasn't about the military spending or Constitution, but thanks for the derailment....

It's been fun, but I have a quota on the amount of ridiculousness I can stand on this forum and the OP and his pointless thread has far surpassed that quota.
I live in America, where the constitution is the law.

It dictates ALL powers of the three branches of our government, whether you like it or not.

Who is ridiculous?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, the 2012 election is turning into a referendum against the Welfare State, and it is most welcome by us who see this nation circling the drain.

I will vote for the person who will turn do the most to turn this nation around.

But who I vote for is irrelevant. What's your opinion of the preponderance of personal irresponsibility in this nation? Why do you do you insist on deflecting?
No it's not. Not when the leading candidates are Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney. Not only do they not support eliminating the welfare state, but they all also support the corporate welfare state we have in this nation. The Tea Party is a crock of **** that's just a front for corporatists, neocons, and religious right fundamentalists to push their agenda. No one actually supports "limited government" they all have their own big government agendas.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Congrats, my point went right over your head.

My point was, the current state of welfare is broken and far from "my way".
My point is this....it's ALL illegal according to the constitution.

Obviously, you fall into the "The Constitution doesn't matter" camp.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I live in America, where the constitution is the law.

It dictates ALL powers of the three branches of our government, whether you like it or not.

Who is ridiculous?
You live in America, which is a democratic republic. Therefore, if the majority of American citizens determine that they wish to pay taxes so that funds can be made available to assure that children don't go hungry, then your tax money will be so apportioned, whether you like it or not.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Aero, it won't matter if you cut off funding. There will always be poor people who have kids. You can talk about personal responsibility all you want, but we are not about to cut off an entitlement that will impact kids. What is so hard to understand?
Stop sending checks.

Children won't starve. I'm not so sure about their idiot parents.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
After the bolded I stopped reading. If you were trying to make a point, you lost it with the embellishment. Using your assumption of a single parent with 5 kids, the Federal Government does not pay out $2K in foodstamps to a family of 5 hell they don't even pay that much to a family of 10
Why are we taxpayers responsible for even $1 dollar a month to care for YOUR kids?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
We dont want kids to suffer because of parents bad decisions. This is what you are not getting. We want to try to help the kids, its not their fault they were into a crappy situation. I'm guessing you are ok with kids dying because their parents can't feed them. That is my takeaway from your logic.
Show me evidence of one child starving to death in America (other than by parental abuse) because their parents couldn't afford to feed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies