Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,159 times

Advertisements

No. I still have a neutral opinion of him.

Wars were stupid and expensive. I also don't like lies to the country such as, "We are 100% certain Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."

Sort of like what is happening now. We are in a repeat president-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 08:42 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Difference is, that his vacations were working vacations at his ranch in Texas, Which cost very little compared to the King n Queen in office today.
However, I now know that he did orchestrate 9/11, that along with the Patriot Act, and paying for Medicare Prescriptions has changed my opinion of him drastically. With that said, he was still better than what we have now. The gov't against the people will continue, unless we are smart enough to elect Ron Paul, but we aren't, so Marshall Law and Fema Camps are just around the corner.
If I had to accept a republican again, Ron Paul would be my first choice for sure.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Not at all. I still hold him as the WORST president in US History and a big blot on America's record. It will take generations to clean up all the mess he created. I hope we never have a President like that again.
Are you serious? Obama is much worse, he has and continues to spend us into oblivion, he skirts Congress at every opportunity, sues his own states, and should be impeached for Fast and Furious along with Holder. He's a national disgrace. Compared to Obama, George W can hold his head high. Bush did more for African Americans, the fight against AIDS, and the continent of Africa than any other President to date.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
No, my opinion of him will never change. I still think he stole the first election from Al Gore. I do think it's wise that he stays pretty much low key.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
I thought he was a piece of garbage the day he left office, still think he's a piece of garbage.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Are you serious? Obama is much worse, he has and continues to spend us into oblivion, he skirts Congress at every opportunity, sues his own states, and should be impeached for Fast and Furious along with Holder. He's a national disgrace. Compared to Obama, George W can hold his head high. Bush did more for African Americans, the fight against AIDS, and the continent of Africa than any other President to date.
Don't forget the EO 13492 to provide Guantanamo Bay detainees with soccer fields, prayer rugs and Korans.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
No. I still have a neutral opinion of him.

Wars were stupid and expensive. I also don't like lies to the country such as, "We are 100% certain Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."

Sort of like what is happening now. We are in a repeat president-wise.
Dude, there is one poster on here who has pointed out repeatedly the geopolitical goals of the U.S. in great detail and I'd have to say 95% of the posters quite literally refuse to even fact check what they've said.

The presidents have to lie to the American public because they're pretty much in self-delusion mode all day everyday.

It might be different if the American people could hear something and then have a honest debate about it but the American people are acting like 3 year old brats when anything remotely mentions giving up some of their lifestyles so that the rest of the world can have just a little better lifestyle. It's like you told them you were going to throw grandma off the cliff to ask them to give up their 3,481 discretionary oil byproducts.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Dude, there is one poster on here who has pointed out repeatedly the geopolitical goals of the U.S. in great detail and I'd have to say 95% of the posters quite literally refuse to even fact check what they've said.

The presidents have to lie to the American public because they're pretty much in self-delusion mode all day everyday.

It might be different if the American people could hear something and then have a honest debate about it but the American people are acting like 3 year old brats when anything remotely mentions giving up some of their lifestyles so that the rest of the world can have just a little better lifestyle. It's like you told them you were going to throw grandma off the cliff to ask them to give up their 3,481 discretionary oil byproducts.
It's not about giving up a little to help other countries improve their living standards. It's about payoffs. As Ron Paul says, they take from the poor in this country, to give to the rich in other countries.
Haiti is a case in point. We spend a lot of money in that country, but it's not to help the people, it's to keep them down.
Peter Hallward, "Securing Disaster in Haiti"

Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Yup. I dislike him even more now that I have educated myself on things that he did.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,276 times
It's really, really sad to see how the vast majority of people in the United States of America do not realize how evil the republican party is; they are totally in bed with the military industrial complex or military defense industry and they love wars, not because they are "defending America" like they want us to believe but because wars mean profit for them; and people don't see this; they took us to war to make money, to make billions of dollars for their own pockets; that is totally evil; that is trading blood for money; most of republicans claim to be "christians", well reality is other; all republicans are very evil and very liers; they belong to the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies