Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Nope. Still think he is a moron,nutcase,whack job who thought some invisible person in the sky told him to go to war,war criminal etc etc..
Another mature contribution to the subject at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:31 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I think there were a lot of people in 2008 with the general opinion that W was one of the worst presidents in our history. It helped contribute to Obama's election.

At the time W himself stated that history will judge him differently as the results of his policies would be seen only after he left office.

So has anyone's opinion of him changed and why?

I wasn't particularly a huge fan of his. I've read his book Decision Points and while I am sure it was meant to put him in a positive light, some of his contributions seemed very beneficial to the country, to minorities, and other groups. They just were overshadowed by Iraq and 9-11.
I'm not sure what historical facts he thinks will come out that will change my opinions of him. Maybe there is some classified info that prompted his decision to invade Iraq.

No amount of history will convince me he was not someone who believe in liberal, big, expensive government solutions.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually Bush early on warned the Democrat Congress about the bad loans they were causing through Barney Frank and company.
Then 9-11 happened and his focus went in that direction for the safty of the country.
He was a 50% IMO. Got tax breaks and the war right; got prescription meds and some other stuff wrong.
Since hindsight is always 20/20 it is much easier to see now the real problems with the Bush administration.

1) failure to drastically cut the size and scope of the federal government while making tax cuts (failed to pay for expenditures)

2) shifting objective from swiftly winning the war to un-funded nation building on the backs of US taxpayers while trying to win "hearts & minds" while also refusing to address terrorism funded by the long time family friends (a.k.a. Saudi Royal family).

3) Alan Greenspan as FED Head

4) destroying Captialism in order to save it (TARP)

5) Open borders policy

That said, AL Gore or John Kerry administrations would also have been disasters, IMO.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
My opinion of him has improved, especially for the classy way he doesn't criticize his successor (and he certainly has plenty to criticize Obama about;the man's an abject failure on the order of Jimmy Carter and that's saying a LOT.) Bush has more class in his little finger than Obama and all of his sycophants both in and out of the lamestream media have put together.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm not sure what historical facts he thinks will come out that will change my opinions of him. Maybe there is some classified info that prompted his decision to invade Iraq.

No amount of history will convince me he was not someone who believe in liberal, big, expensive government solutions.
I'm 1952 people thought Truman was terrible but history has judged him much more kindly.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
this is exactly the point i was making.

{Please explain to us how HE went into Iraq WITHOUT a dem controlled Senate.

And how the war was funded without the same dem controlled Senate?

Do you put equal blame on the dems?
Agreed, and I will just leave this here if anyone wants to watch it...i am sure the *******s wont

Old 02-28-2012, 03:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
our current president who is ashamed of America and everything that made her great..
Can you please provide some evidence that our current president is ashamed of America and everything that made her great?

Some good, credible links to legitimate, non-partisan sites would be greatly appreciated.

And please don't cite the same ol,' same ol' crap about bowing to Saudi princes when we have plenty of videos and pictures of Dubya not only holding hands with them but even smooching with one or more of them.

I find it very telling that none of the GOP candidates are mentioning Bush and his "accomplishments" on the campaign trail. There's plenty attempts of trying to channel Ray-GUN but it's like Junior Bush never even existed.

Anyway, my opinion of him hasn't changed. I hated him in 2000, hated him even more in 2004, and still hate him just as much as ever.

I sure wouldn't read a self-serving autobiography if I wanted an honest assessment of ANYONE.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I'm 1952 people thought Truman was terrible but history has judged him much more kindly.
Well, revisionist history anyway. Most people fail to realize Truman set the precident for a POTUS bypassing Congressional approval and starting pre-emtive wars.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
My opinion of him has improved, especially for the classy way he doesn't criticize his successor (and he certainly has plenty to criticize Obama about;the man's an abject failure on the order of Jimmy Carter and that's saying a LOT.) Bush has more class in his little finger than Obama and all of his sycophants both in and out of the lamestream media have put together.

Agreed.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Always liked him; still like him.
Even contributed to the George W. Bush Presidential Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies