Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The church means nothing.
k:

Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I find it very hard to believe that we have this epidemic of all these issues in women, and that so many of them use the pill to treat it or deal with it.

Is BC the ONLY way to deal with it? Id be surprised if it were.
Just b/c you don't believe it doesn't make it true. Hormonal issues are major health concerns lately. It's the best way for many women. I was prescribed BC for my health issues, but for me, it caused more problems than helped, so it was stopped and other alternatives were sought. However, I still deal w/ residual affects (e.g. hirsutism)

Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
ahahahah good one
does not this gal know how stupid she sounds?
this whole country is going down hill thanks to Obama
and his minions!!
We got the school police
the fat police
the sex police
the rubber police
the Internet police
the Face Book police
good grief!!
and people want more of this crap!!??
Get Obama the hell out of the white house!!!
vote for who ever the hell is on the ticket!!
A bumper sticker I saw:

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist, you'd better vote for anyone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - DrLam® - Body. Mind. Nutrition® According to this doctor BC isn't very successful at treating PCOS.
What they're saying is that they need better treatments for PCOS, but BC pills and treatments for insulin resistance, like glucophage, are all they have available right now that help. I have a sister with PCOS, and she takes both the pill and glucophage.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:00 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
The church means nothing.
Except in the eyes of the Constitution.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I'm brushed up enough to know that nobody can tell anyone what drugs they need or should use except their medical provider. The church, the politicians, nobody else has the right.
Nobody is telling them that they can't use those drugs. They ARE saying that they cannot be forced to PAY for them.

No politician has the right to tell a church what they MUST pay for, if it goes against their doctrine. Not agreeing with what our Constitution doesn't mean you get to ignore it.

You want birth control? BUY IT YOURSELF.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You find it hard becasue you are ingnorat. That's not an insult just a fact.
Hahahaha............calling someone ignorant when you can't spell and/or type? Rich. Not an attack, just an observation.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I agree. Too bad the Constitution says otherwise by giving the Church the right when they are "singled out" about something. It's ridiculous but it's the law.
Too bad, huh? Do you think free speech is "too bad"? The right to peacefully protest?

Love the Libs - aiming to destroy our Constitution, and no shame at all about it.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm repeating myself, but if you actually look at her testimony, a chunk of it was on the inability of many women to get prescribed oral contraceptives for the treatment of medical conditions like polycystic ovarian disease--without treatment you develop cysts that can cause you to lose your ovaries. The pill is used to treat a multitude of medical issues with women including dangerously heavy periods, severe cramping, some forms of acne, menopausal symptoms, etc.

Even if you disagree on the stand that coverage should be provided in health care plans, what in the world makes you think that she should be called a "S*UT" for presenting an opinion different than yours. Again--it is outrageous.

One more heads up--97% of polite, rural midwestern women use birth control too.
Sorry, but unfortunately this is what your party has become. It will do you no good to reason, compromise, or educate.

Their response to you speak for themselves. The fact that another so called lady on this thread called the woman a bit!h! speaks for itself.

The are the reason the GOP must increasingly pull the stunts of late.

As they lose rational minded voters, they can only pick up the lunatic fringe.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nobody is telling them that they can't use those drugs. They ARE saying that they cannot be forced to PAY for them.

No politician has the right to tell a church what they MUST pay for, if it goes against their doctrine. Not agreeing with what our Constitution doesn't mean you get to ignore it.

You want birth control? BUY IT YOURSELF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies