Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,739,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Are you saying "gay" = "child molester"?

Sorry, you've lost all credibility.
If you've read any of my previous posts, it's plain to see, I don't give a what about other peoples "twisted" opinion of me. And, here's a clear example as to why I feel that way. You're asking me what I said, and in the very next sentence, you have the audacity to pass judgement on me. How does that make any sense? First of all, what I said is self explanatory. I simply explained why everyone in society doesn't fall under the same "more accepting" umbrella. Lastly, I've mentioned time and time again, I don't have a problem with gays. And with that said, two things can't be true: (1) I don't have a problem with gays, and (2) gay = child molester. Come on now, let's not be ignorant here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
No, its because the question "whats the matter are you gay?" is a standard heterosexual construction worker question. In this business, you WILL get asked that question sooner or later if you don't have a wife or girlfriend. Mark my words. I have none of the "gay" stereotypes and you would not know unless I told you.
I'm right there with you, brother. I can definitely see why a person, including myself, would be highly offended by that sort of questioning. It's totally inappropriate.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
When you lack sex appeal, what sexual orientation you are matters considerably less to other people. I'm single, but since I'm a pretty homely guy, people can easily see why I'm single and feel they don't need to ask as to why, or if I'm gay or straight.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
it is the same thing if a male dresses nice or takes care of his physical appearance, it is labeled here in America as gay.

if a man wears flip flops it is labeled as gay.

American really have a sever problem with labeling anything that is....I cant even think of the word, but they label everything as gay.

and you wonder why they think someone is gay if they dont marry.

Americans have serious hangups.
Roger that. I ain't saying no names, but someone once started a thread saying a guy is gay, because he owned a cat instead of a dog. Ain't that some sh^t? Lol

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-08-2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,123,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
Society likes to make this stereotype, especially when it comes to men. If a guy is single and almost hitting fifty and has never had a relationship with a female, people will automatically think and assume they are gay; this is very true.

The sad part about these assumptions, is that gay men who are insecure about who they are and their sexuality and they are still in the closet (Especially with their family) will end up marrying a female just so no one "talks about them being single"...

This is especially sad when years down the road they realize they did the wrong thing and not only did they lie to themselves, they lied to their spouse. So sad society makes people do this type of thing.

RedJohn

That is major suspect to get to that age and never had a relationship.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,344,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
So, when they asked you if you were gay, do you really think it was because you didn't have a girlfriend and weren't married? Because, while I don't see a connection between not being in a relationship and being gay, I can "usually" spot a gay guy from a mile away based on the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he carries himself, or simply the way he responds to the question, are you gay? You have to understand, where I'm from, you don't ask a man that question unless your ready to handle his response, i.e. if you say that to the wrong person, you might get your wig split. But, most of society doesn't see a gay guy as a physical threat. So, IMO they might feel free to ask him anything. All I'm saying is, maybe they already knew you were gay and were just looking for your response.
It seems to be that only people who say "you don't have a girlfriend? You don't want a girlfriend? Are you gay?" are men looking to make fun of someone or women who are genuinely curious. I often get asked myself why I don't have a girlfriend. Most of the time I respond with a "I don't want one". If they interrogate me as to why, then I will tell them I'm gay.

I don't know why society has to ask people about whats going on in their dating life. It is such a personal issue and it isn't anyone else's business.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,697,867 times
Ugh. Reading this thread makes me glad I'm gay and that I don't have to worry about being "insulted" by other heteros who might think that I'm gay when I'm not.

Hopefully that made sense.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM

813 posts, read 2,033,547 times
Quote:
Alright, watch this. If a 5 year old boy gets molested by a grown man, is that man gay? Now, lets turn it up a notch. What if that innocent child grows up to hate gay people, based on a terrible experience when he was penetrated by one. Would you expect him to be "more accepting" of gays or mad as hell at every gay guy he came into contact with? You see, if you haven't walked in a persons shoes, you'll never understand why they feel the way they do. Some people accept gays and some don't. I don't have a problem with gays, but per my example, I understand why some people would. I can't blame people for the way they feel, especially if I don't know their story. The difference between me and you is I feel that little boys pain, and you don't. I don't think everyone should be in the same category as me. If he grows up not accepting gays, that's his right. Are you saying he's wrong? I'd like to see how "more accepting" of gays you'd be, if it was your child.
A rational person would be angry at the individual who molested him or her and not jump to some moronic assumption that an entire class of people are likely to be pedophiles because they encountered one. Would you assume that all straight men are pedos and have a problem "accepting" them because you or someone you love gets molested by one?!? Doubtful. That's a level of scorn you probably reserve for gay people.

Oh, and proclaiming your lack of a problem with gay people in bold face won't make it more believable after you've typed pseudo-homophobic nonsense like you have in this thread.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,697,867 times
Quote:
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BE GAY,
That's ann odd thing to say, considering that most gays don't choose their sexual orientation.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,134,105 times
I'm sorry for laughing ........ I have been single for 20 years, I never had children and my hair is on the short side, would you like to know how many people have asked me if I am a Lesbian. If I had a nickle for everytime they have asked I would be in higher tax bracket.
I have no idea why single = gay/lesbian but apparently it does. I say too bad on them, anyway whats wrong with being gay/lesbian. I think those with that phobia should lock themselves in the closet and let all the gay/lesbians out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies