Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,883 times

Advertisements

This is a joke, enough of these government programs propping people like this up and allowing them to live in a house they never deserved to be in.

The following story of Keith And Janet Ritter, who have lived in their Fort Washington, MD $1.29MM, 4,900 square foot McMansion for 5 years (which they purchase with no money down) without ever making a single mortgage payment, and who are not even close to being evicted, may explain much about the way US society currently operates, and why other perfectly responsible and hard-working taxpayers (who do have to pay for their mortgage) continue to fund tens of billions in Fannie and Freddie losses who are first on the hook to absorb the implicit losses by allowing families such as the Ritters to live in perpetuity without paying, and the banks to keep said mortgage on the books at par without any impairments.

Couple Lives In $1.3 Million, 4,900 Square Foot Home For Five Years Without Making A Single Mortgage Payment | ZeroHedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
This is a joke, enough of these government programs propping people like this
Upper income people?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
They are exploiting every legal loophole possible. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same. It's really not up to them to make someone else force them out.

I imagine there have been some mistakes made by people along the way for things to have gone on this long.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/23245755-post83.html

Discussion in the Suburban MD forum.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They are exploiting every legal loophole possible. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same. It's really not up to them to make someone else force them out.

I imagine there have been some mistakes made by people along the way for things to have gone on this long.
When you purchase a home it is under the agreement you will pay the payments on the home to who loaned you the money!
Exploiting every loophole possible is not right when people who the b ants would not work with lost their homes! I suppose it is the state in which you live.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
I know a family that live in a home valued at $250,000. They took out equity loans, ended up in foreclosure, which went on over a year and a half. Their attorneys got them to mediation then dropped them for non-payment last year. The monthly payment offer from the mortgage company was too high at mediation, so nothing was resolved.

They pulled their credit report recently and their mortgage account is shown as closed, and they have a zero balance.

They are not getting calls, letters or being contacted in any way. They are hoping some sort of mistake has been made and they are off the radar. I'm sure once the mortgage company gets the tax bill it will come to life, but they are planning to pay the taxes and insurance on the property.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:25 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,246 times
Who cares? I'm angry at politicians who are corrupt and in bed with these banks that should not have been bailed out. I'm not angry with someone who realized that the mortgage companies and banks are too incompetent to do much of anything, and are taking advantage of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies