Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
This isnt just about him

Look at the thread title, Jadex, please.

It's comparing apples and oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Double standard? Political correctness? Obama administration? Thoughts? Conspiracy theorists are free to throw in your 2 cents.
A much more mild form than anything ever heard on cable I might add.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,378,130 times
Can we drag Don Imus into this? All hell broke loose when he refered to a college basketball team as 'nappy headed ho's' and found out that people wouldn't accept that kind of language from an old white guy. He wan't trying to be offensive (ok with him it comes naturally), he was trying to talk coollike a brutha. And then MSNBC got all shocked: What? Imus is offensive? We better DO something!

What kind of mouth does anyone think he would have if he were on cable?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We all know Bristol was the first girl to have too much to drink and have sex not being married ending up pregnant. The left doesn't seem to have a problem with 5th graders learning about sex at school, but this Palin girl is just out of line.

Amazing..... if this was Chelsey Clinton there would be outrage at anyone who commented.

Palin paraded her family out there and therefore they caught the attention of the media don't get it twisted!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Look at the thread title, Jadex, please.

It's comparing apples and oranges.
No its not

And I see the title of the thread, lets pretend now that no thread ever brings in other people or things related to the same issue as the title of the thread

Can you tell me though, Why is the left not calling for the boycott of
David Letterman
Ed Schultz
Montell Williams
Also just because Bill Maher is on hbo does not mean you all have to condone his comments on women by watching his shows

If you all are so upset over women being insulted on national airwaves

Or heck why arent you all calling for Obama to pull ads on Dailykos that states

I Hope President Obama Will Denounce This Site and Pull All His Ads | The Right Sphere

I mean the rhetoric is to extreme and needs to be toned done, right?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Palin paraded her family out there and therefore they caught the attention of the media don't get it twisted!
Every person running in politics brings out the family photos, but most opposition politics don't make nation wide claims that the last baby of the mother is actually the child of a daughter. Democrats are animals at best on a good day.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Fluke made the choice to parade herself in front of congress.

So are you saying its ok to insult women long as they parade themselves out there?

Also I remember Obama getting upset with a magazine that did a piece on his wife.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
Quote:
No its not

And I see the title of the thread, lets pretend now that no thread ever brings in other people or things related to the same issue as the title of the thread

Can you tell me though, Why is the left not calling for the boycott of
David Letterman
Ed Schultz
Montell Williams

If you all are so upset over women being insulted on national airwaves

Or heck why arent you all calling for Obama to pull ads on Dailykos that states

I Hope President Obama Will Denounce This Site and Pull All His Ads | The Right Sphere

I mean the rhetoric is to extreme and needs to be toned done, right?

Basically, I don't care what Limpbutt called anyone. It's his advertisers who are dropping him, just like they dropped Imus, and a few others for going over the line. My prediction is that Rushbo will be just fine. He bounced back from the arrest for trying to buy Oxy with fake prescriptions, didn't he? He has a big enough fan base that he will survivie this tempest in a teapot.

My replies are for the people who can't seem to see the basic difference in the Mahr (another jerk) and Limbaugh broadcast forums. Mahr is on a subscription service, the other is on a regular broadcast forum. There Jadex, is the difference. Ergo, apples and oranges.

Oh, and BTW, I don't read daily Kos, or watch any political talking heads, well, except for Jon Stewart, and he makes me laugh my butt off.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
There are people on the right saying he shouldn't have made the comment Rick Santorum for one, guess thats being ignored and sponsors are pulling out. What more do you people want, him off the air I suppose. I don't always agree with Rush, but I do like some of his talking points.

Guess, some of you would like to see him hung for "Freedom of Speech"
Only if he continued to attack private people who cannot fight back! My probelm is no matter how wrong that he is the weak knee republicans will not stand up to him and denounce anything that he says

Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,755,570 times
Quote:
Fluke made the choice to parade herself in front of congress.

So are you saying its ok to insult women long as they parade themselves out there?

Also I remember Obama getting upset with a magazine that did a piece on his wife.
Only the left has the license to publically degrade women. Rush played right into their web of hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies