Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times

Advertisements

The good news ... 28% approval rating ... the real news 44% Strongly Disapprove

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -16

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Ok.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
No surprise there. Obama is killing jobs by pushing his green agenda.. Hey all you Obama supporters.. are you ready to buy a Chevy Volt ?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:55 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Only the "bitter clingers" strongly approve this buffoon. They must be too stupid to understand the issues.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
You're just comparing the two extremes. What is his current "approve" number?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:04 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You're just comparing the two extremes. What is his current "approve" number?
That source looks like a very biased website. There is an article written by the founder which is very right leaning

Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Some of my favorite Obama lies

"I will promise you this: that if we haven't gotten our troops out by the time I'm president it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. I will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama, October 27, 2007 And yet 50,000 US troops remain to this day - along with 100,000 civilian "security contractors"

"Close down Guantanamo, restore habeas corpus, say no to renditions, no to wireless wiretaps..." - Barack Obama, November 14, 2007 Guantanamo is still open, while habeas corpus has been restored by Executive Order, renditions and wireless wiretaps continue. In addition, President Obama has given himself the power to assassinate a US citizen overseas in the name of national security.

"When I promise that I... we are going to bring this war in Iraq to a close in 2009, I want the American people to understand that I opposed this war in 2002, 2003, 4, 5, 6 and 7 -- so you can have confidence that I will be serious about ending this war." - Barack Obama, 2008

"Iran, they spend 1/100 of what we spend on the military. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us." - Barack Obama, May 18, 2008

"I think it's time for us to end the embargo on Cuba. I think this because, if you think about what is happening internationally, our planet is shrinking. And our biggest foreign policy challenge -- and it feeds into the battle on terrorism and it feeds into issues of trade and our economy -- is how do you make sure that other countries and developing nations are providing sustenance for their people, human rights for their people and the basic structure of government for their people and are stable and secure so that they can be partners in a bright future for the entire planet." - Barack Obama, 2008

"I've said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo and I will follow through on that. I've said repeatedly that America doesn't torture. And I'm going to make sure we don't torture. Those are part and parcel of an effort to regain America's moral stature in the world." - Barack Obama, 60 Minutes (2008) Guantanamo is still open, the US is using foreign nations to carry out torture, when it isn't committing it itself.

"And as President I'm going to make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws while no one's looking. Because when I'm President meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public - no more secrecy - that's a commitment I make to you as President. When there's a tax bill being debated in Congress, you will know the names of the corporations that would benefit and how much money they would get. And we will put every corporate tax break and every pork barrel project online for every American to see. You'll know who asked for them and you can decide whether your representative is actually representing you." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....create jobs building solar panels and wind turbines and the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow. Jobs that will help us end our dependence on foreign oil and may save the planet in the process. Rebuilding our crumbling roads and schools and bridges...." "....so we can have a new electricity grid and bring renewable energy to population centers here in Indiana and across America. Build an American infrastructure for the 21st century." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....that tired, worn-out old theory that says, that says we should give more to billionaires and big corporations and hope that prosperity will trickle-down on everybody else. The last thing... the last thing we can afford is four more years where no one in Washington is watching anyone on Wall Street because politicians and lobbyists killed common-sense regulations. Those are the theories that got us into this mess. They haven't worked and it is time for change, and that's why I'm running for President of the United States of America." - Barack Obama, 2008

"...bailout Wall Street banks. As President I will insure the financial rescue plan helps stop foreclosures and protects your money, instead of enriching CEOs. And I'll put in place the common-sense regulations that I've been calling for throughout this campaign. So that Wall Street can never cause a crisis like this again. That's the change we need." - Barack Obama, 2008

"It is absolutely true that NAFTA was a mistake." - Barack Obama, 2008

"It's been a long time coming. But tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election at this defining moment, change has come to America." - Barack Obama, November 4, 2008

Quotes excerpted from Barack Obama campaign speeches and interviews as shown in the documentary "Lifting the Veil: Obama and the Failure of Capitalist Democracy"

At a news conference Monday in Chile, President Barack Obama stated about his order to fire 110 Tomahawk missiles into Libya: "this was not an attempt at regime change, but a humanitarian effort to save civilian and rebel lives from Gaddafi’s threat to annihilate anyone who threatened his rule." March 21, 2011

"You will have your choice of a number of plans that offer a few different packages, but every plan would offer an affordable, basic package… And I believe one of these options needs to be a public option that will give people a broader range of choices and inject competition into the health care market, so that we can force waste out of the system and keep the insurance companies honest." ~President Barack Obama

“We do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the United States, whether it’s the West Coast, Hawaii, Alaska, or U.S. territories in the Pacific. That is the judgment of our Nuclear Regulatory Commission and many other experts.”- President Barack Obama

Referring to the Bush Administration's use of phone companies to illegally spy on Americans: "We only know these crimes took place because insiders blew the whistle at great personal risk ... Government whistleblowers are part of a healthy democracy and must be protected from reprisal." ~ Presidential Candidate & U.S. Senator Barack Obama, 2008

"The President does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." --Barack Obama, December 2007

Quote:
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."
This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:20 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Rasmussen = fox news of polls

Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
ITS RASMUSSEN!!!!!

I am so tired of this polling company being used by right wing posters as the end all be all of posts.

Rasmussen has said, many times, that they poll who they view as "potential" voters. Their view of "potential" voters is that most people that vote are old, white people. They ignore many of the other people polled, because they aren't "potential" voters.

Its why Rasmussen's polls, on average, are 10 to 20% off, usually in favor of the Republican position.

Its why they were so off in their 2008 polls as well.

One thing the bad economy, and poor view of the government has done, and is doing, is increasing the number of younger, and ethnic voter turn outs.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
ITS RASMUSSEN!!!!!

I am so tired of this polling company being used by right wing posters as the end all be all of posts.

Rasmussen has said, many times, that they poll who they view as "potential" voters. Their view of "potential" voters is that most people that vote are old, white people. They ignore many of the other people polled, because they aren't "potential" voters.

Its why Rasmussen's polls, on average, are 10 to 20% off, usually in favor of the Republican position.

Its why they were so off in their 2008 polls as well.

One thing the bad economy, and poor view of the government has done, and is doing, is increasing the number of younger, and ethnic voter turn outs.

I pulled this graph off of the Huffington Post. Is that good enough for you?

It says the President's approval rating has "Hit A New Low".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies