Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

It seems like the longer we go the more somebody finds in the Affordable Care Act that nobody, even Ms. Pelosi knew was there. Our Senators and Reps just shouid have demanded a reading of that thing before they voted. We know where the thing was written and how but for some reason too many people took Pelosi's words about finding out after "We pass it''. We are surely finding out more all the time.

10 Provisions in Obamacare That You May Have Not Heard Of | myHeritage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,841 times
I followed the link hoping to see ten actual provisions of the health care law, as noted in the title. Instead there are only ten editorial comments about the law without any quotes from the law at all. No new discoveries, no nothing. Completely a piece of editorial fluff.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
I followed the link hoping to see ten actual provisions of the health care law, as noted in the title. Instead there are only ten editorial comments about the law without any quotes from the law at all. No new discoveries, no nothing. Completely a piece of editorial fluff.
Exactly!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
yep, that is all it is. I am sure that none of that stuff is really in there but a recent e-mail group of what you don't like lists the pages the info is on and you wouldn't accept that either. Merry Christmas if the Supreme Court lets that thing stand. You are in for lots of surprises especially if the administration manages to kill all the insurance companies with their mandates. I wonder if there is any possibility of that happening.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly!
So you just like old Stan took down the Law and tried to find those things, too? You must have since you can use a one word method to deflect.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
  1. It increases taxes on families earning over $250,000.
  2. It adds a new tax on investment income.
  3. It imposes new limitations on those with HSAs and FSAs.
  4. It adds a new tax on those who purchase medical devices.
  5. It penalizes marriage.
  6. It violates religious liberty.
  7. It puts Medicare decisions in the hands of an unelected board.
  8. It imposes a premium tax on health insurers.
  9. It creates a new, unsustainable entitlement program.
  10. It puts over half of all Americans on a government program.
In other words, it changes things. But it's all in how you spin it I suppose.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
No facts, just spin! This looks fun! Let me give it a shot:

Quote:
1. It imposes a 500% tax hike for all persons or families who are registered Republicans.

2. It requires all firearms to be manufactured in pink color only.

3. It bans any showing of Dukes of Hazzard reruns.

4. It bans all Texas professional sport teams from competing in the Super Bowl, World Series, or NBA Championship forever.

5. It requires all future Hollywood movies' Republican presidents' roles to be played by liberals.

6. It creates a new religion that is dedicated to worshiping Hobbits.

7. It replaces the national anthem with Mammas and the Pappas' "California Dreaming."

8. It requires all presidential candidates to pass IQ tests. All Republican candidates who pass the tests must submit to mandatory second tests under tight security.

9. It requires all talk radio hosts to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

10. It imposes a 90,000% tax on anyone who voted for George W. Bush twice.
Com'on join me and create your own "10 provisions in Obamacare that you may not know about"!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

of course it is editorial fluff, what do you think obama gave the USA when the UHC obamanation was passed. it sure as hell wasnt health care.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are in for lots of surprises especially if the administration manages to kill all the insurance companies with their mandates. I wonder if there is any possibility of that happening.
I for one certainly hope this administration -- or a future one -- manages to break the stranglehold of the insurance vampires.

Nothing -- I repeat, NOTHING -- is and has been more harmful to our country's healthcare system than the fact that it is controlled by insurance companies, whose sole interest is their profit margin.

THESE COMPANIES PROFIT BY CUTTING THEIR EXPENSES AND LIMITING HEALTHCARE ACCESS -- ESPECIALLY TO SICK PEOPLE. Why is that so hard to understand?

I would love to be proven wrong about this. Take your best shot, roy. Explain how a federal mandate is worse than a bunch of multi-billion-dollar corporations colluding to maximize their profits at the expense of sick people.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Here's what SourceWatch has to say about the Heritage Foundation:

Heritage Foundation - SourceWatch

The foundation receives a substantial amount of financial support from Taiwan and South Korea and has been linked to the Sun Yung Moon. During the first 9 years of this century, it got $3.6 million from the Bradley Foundation which was started by two John Birch Society board members, Harry Bradley and Fred Koch (father of Charles and David).

SourceWatch

The objectives of both foundations reads like the GOP party platform. Among the things they promote is free-market healthcare.

So, it should come as no surprise that they don't like "Obamacare."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies