Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,076,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
So, I was on Youtube listening to some good old Conservative, "hateful", all-American country music, when suddenly this crap ad comes on, it is an Obama ad about how he is reducing our dependency on foreign oil. WHAT?

The first thing that came to mind was, I thought Mr Obama had vetoed the Keystone Pipeline and the DOE should be renamed "The Department of No Energy" as Mark Levin put it, since it does not do a damn thing!

This ad is an insult to anybody's intelligence. Hussein Nobama Sotero, the little Marxist Kenyan-Indonesian Muslim wonderboy must not be re-elected in November!
Is this a joke...or a competition to see how many birther lies some one can fit in one sentence?

Obama has increased domestic oil drilling, it's pretty easy to find with 2 seconds to spare. It's not all dependent on a single pipeline, well unless some one has such large blinders and low intelligence they can only focus on a single thing at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,894,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
So, I was on Youtube listening to some good old Conservative, "hateful", all-American country music, when suddenly this crap ad comes on, it is an Obama ad about how he is reducing our dependency on foreign oil. WHAT?

The first thing that came to mind was, I thought Mr Obama had vetoed the Keystone Pipeline and the DOE should be renamed "The Department of No Energy" as Mark Levin put it, since it does not do a damn thing!

This ad is an insult to anybody's intelligence. Hussein Nobama Sotero, the little Marxist Kenyan-Indonesian Muslim wonderboy must not be re-elected in November!
Errr.... dear insulted,

President Obama

Old 03-11-2012, 10:01 AM

40,981 posts, read 49,346,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Obama has increased domestic oil drilling, it's pretty easy to find with 2 seconds to spare. It's not all dependent on a single pipeline, well unless some one has such large blinders and low intelligence they can only focus on a single thing at a time.
I'm in TX and drilling started about increasing about 6-7 years ago with Horizontal drilling for gas.

Obama had nothing to do with the current Oil / Gas drilling.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,076,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm in TX and drilling started about increasing about 6-7 years ago with Horizontal drilling for gas.

Obama had nothing to do with the current Oil / Gas drilling.
Can you provide a source reference?

Then you can send a change request to the source reference provided, and their sources, to get it changed.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM

521 posts, read 861,702 times
Gulf drilling down, East coast drilling up, overall production of crude from our nation up overall since Obama took office.

Am I the only Republican able to look at facts anymore?

On an slightly off-note. . .I golfed yesterday and told the more mature (older) people I was playing with that I was the new face of the Republican party. Mark my words, if not this election cycle, certainly next, young republicans will take hold of the party and take it back to a moderate right-center instead of the ridiculous banter that older Republicans spout.

Instead of becoming Dems, I'm encouraging my generation to fight for what they believe in for the good of the Republican party. I just hope conservatives and TEA partiers don't destroy the name of the party before I can rise above position of PCP, County, and Congressional Delegate.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Can you provide a source reference?

Then you can send a change request to the source reference provided, and their sources, to get it changed.
Please note I'm in real estate. I deal with land sales, leases and mineral / drilling rights.

Mineral & drilling rights and leases became a big issue about 8-10 years ago with the ability of horizontal drilling and exploration. Drilling started about 2-3 years after in places like the Barnett Shale (North TX) and other places (North Dakota, Nebraska, South TX etc).

I don't need to provide a link, it's purely by knowledge and experience.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,894,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Gulf drilling down, East coast drilling up, overall production of crude from our nation up overall since Obama took office.

Am I the only Republican able to look at facts anymore?

On an slightly off-note. . .I golfed yesterday and told the more mature (older) people I was playing with that I was the new face of the Republican party. Mark my words, if not this election cycle, certainly next, young republicans will take hold of the party and take our party back to a moderate center instead of the ridiculous banter that older Republicans spout.
I sure hope you are correct. But from what I can tell, the young are moving in greater numbers to the Dems specifically for the reasons you state.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I sure hope you are correct. But from what I can tell, the young are moving in greater numbers to the Dems specifically for the reasons you state.
For what I see, the youth is moving toward more of a Ron Paul style of politics. I believe they see the day coming when it will be time to pay our bills.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trust me, it's already happening; ironically, thanks to Obama. Youth (myself included) are starting to see how we are the future of the country and are taking proactive approaches to make sure the party isn't being destroyed at the grassroots level.

It might be my ambition to run for the Colorado House or Senate one day but I talk to young people everyday, Republicans and Democrats, and all I hear is the same unifying message from both sides: It's time to get back to fiscally conservative and liberally social views as a whole in this county; much like it was under Bush One (without the wars) and all of Clinton's time in Office (minus the blowjobs at work and the lying to Americans).

I've even created a new Facebook page called Americans for Common Sense Debate (extremely recently) for people of all political backgrounds to transcend the same old rhetoric from Rebpublicans, Democrats, TEA Partiers, and Occupiers. The large majority of our country will start to be heard very soon (fad voting will be a thing of the past) and the youth will be the loudest voice of them all.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
For what I see, the youth is moving toward more of a Ron Paul style of politics. I believe they see the day coming when it will be time to pay our bills.
Nothing will change as long as anyone wanting fiscal conservatism and socially liberal ideas to be implemented is said to be copying Ron Paul's ideas. Believe it or not, there still can be original thought in this country. Not everything needs a label.

Even RP sounds ridiculous to the average American when talking about some of his foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies