Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ®
Pay for contraception 68 97.14%
Pay for 18 years of welfare 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:15 PM

912 posts, read 1,333,443 times

Advertisements

Neither one .Keep your legs closed,why is it you think your entitled to sex and that somebody else should pay for it ?Get a job so you don't have go on welfare .I am responsible for myself ,why do I have to keep paying and paying for everybody else ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 12:15 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,919,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
There is no problem of overpopulation among U.S. natives and in Northern Europe, the problem is the opposite. We are becoming more dependent on immigration because we aren't having enough of our own babies to sustain the population on our own. That will lead to further chaos and instability. Birth control should be your own choice, the taxpayers should not be forced to pay for it nor should we have to pay for it through our insurance premiums if it is not medically necessary.
You must be fortunate to live in the country. That or on the nicer side of your town.

Anybody who is forced to live in the Barrio knows the world is overpopulated. Try shopping in a Squal*Mart on the wrong side of the tracks sometime, you'll change your tune in a hurry.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,223,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
You must be fortunate to live in the country. That or on the nicer side of your town.

Anybody who is forced to live in the Barrio knows the world is overpopulated. Try shopping in a Squal*Mart on the wrong side of the tracks sometime, you'll change your tune in a hurry.
Different ethnic groups have differing attitudes toward family size. Hispanic populations place greater emphasis on fertility and larger family size than do those of European descent. Infertility is grounds for divorce in Islamic countries. White Europeans are not having children at replacement levels. Americans, just barely. In another 500 years world demographics will be vastly different than they are today.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
I think that just like past total cost; future total cost makes it unable to determine. Just the deficits facing us will mean many changes in monies spent likely.I see totals i all entitlements droppig i coming years once we get seroius in deficit redcution.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM

994 posts, read 725,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
What is the alternative?
Uh...what? What do you mean "what is the alternative"?

How about the woman buys her own contraception or supports her own child for 18 years?

I can't believe you even asked that question. Are unable to even comprehend the concept of personal responsibility for one's actions????

Old 03-14-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Different ethnic groups have differing attitudes toward family size. Hispanic populations place greater emphasis on fertility and larger family size than do those of European descent. Infertility is grounds for divorce in Islamic countries. White Europeans are not having children at replacement levels. Americans, just barely. In another 500 years world demographics will be vastly different than they are today.
I realize that, but still this is the United States. Not Mexico, not Iran. They are free to overpopulate their own countries as much as they want but it is my opinion that if you want to come and reside HERE....then you need to assimilate to OUR attitudes about family size. And I think most American born people are tired of being crowded out even if they are afraid of saying so.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I realize that, but still this is the United States. Not Mexico, not Iran. They are free to overpopulate their own countries as much as they want but it is my opinion that if you want to come and reside HERE....then you need to assimilate to OUR attitudes about family size. And I think most American born people are tired of being crowded out even if they are afraid of saying so.
They are here, and they are often citizens so there isn't much you can do about it. OUR attitude will change as the population does.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
Why not just pay for having people fixed if that is what they want;since the real paying is aimed at proventing certain people form having children at all.I mean iof free condomes does work its likely they will messup takig pllls.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,174,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Uh...what? What do you mean "what is the alternative"?

How about the woman buys her own contraception or supports her own child for 18 years?

I can't believe you even asked that question. Are unable to even comprehend the concept of personal responsibility for one's actions????
OMG, you used the R word!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They are here, and they are often citizens so there isn't much you can do about it. OUR attitude will change as the population does.
Well that's not the way it should be. You don't move to another country and start demanding that the natives cow-tow and assimilate to your way of life. It should be the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies