Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:12 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have "adopted" several pets from the Humane Society and do not recall ever having to show ID. The Humane Society is not the gestapo.

Most senior citizens have long had their bank accounts; they aren't going around opening new ones.

I work in a doctor's office and we do not ask for ID. We do ask for insurance cards, but they don't usually have a picture (mine doesn't) and they don't even always have everyone's name on them, sometimes just the name of the person who carries the insurance.
I believe you are arguing simply to argue. One of the new requirements for Obamacare is ID. You remember they promised to cut out billions in fraud.

An ID is required to transact just about any financial or medical transaction today. The only people harmed by voter ID laws are those committing fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Think about it. Elections are 4 years apart.

If anyone needs to register they have four years to do so. how hard can it be to find some time over a four year period to a get free Id.

the only reason the Dems are against voter id is simply to gather illegal and paid votes the night of the election.

Apparently voter fraud is quite extensive and even if it wasn't, the sanctity of the vote needs to be protected.

Ayres and Dorn have advocated the world be able to vote for the president because US policy has an impact on the wold's citizens. These folks are in bed with Obama associates and in light of ACORN and other yet to be discovered voter fraud, an ID is essential.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I believe you are arguing simply to argue. One of the new requirements for Obamacare is ID. You remember they promised to cut out billions in fraud.

An ID is required to transact just about any financial or medical transaction today. The only people harmed by voter ID laws are those committing fraud.
Pointing out flaws in other people's arguments is arguing to argue? I didn't bring up the pet adoption thing. I've never heard of such nonsense as that!

I work in a doctor's office and I know for a FACT that we do not require picture ID. If a patient is paying cash, we don't ask for anything. Medicaid cards do not have pictures on them in Colorado. Nor do Medicare cards.

You don't need an ID to use an ATM. Many small banks will proces transactions w/o ID if they know you.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Try and get a Medicare card without ID...

Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Try and get a Medicare card without ID...
What do you need? Your SS card doesn't have a picture on it.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
What do you need? Your SS card doesn't have a picture on it.
You need more than your SS card for ANYTHING!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You need more than your SS card for ANYTHING!
Come, come! To adopt a pet? NO! To use the ATM? NO! To go to the dr? NO. To use the library? NO.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Come, come! To adopt a pet? NO! To use the ATM? NO! To go to the dr? NO. To use the library? NO.
You need a photo ID to get a library card. You do at mine and many others. You can't use your SS card as ID! It's not accepted ANYWHERE by itself!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You need a photo ID to get a library card. You do at mine and many others. You can't use your SS card as ID! It's not accepted ANYWHERE by itself!
I don't recall needing a photo ID to get my libr. card, though it's been a long time. I recall needing something to prove you actually live in my city, such as a utility bill.

I know your SS card is not an ID card. This whole conversation started when someone said you need ID to get a Medicare card (which does not have a picture). I asked what you need. I haven't received an answer to that.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I don't recall needing a photo ID to get my libr. card, though it's been a long time. I recall needing something to prove you actually live in my city, such as a utility bill.

I know your SS card is not an ID card. This whole conversation started when someone said you need ID to get a Medicare card (which does not have a picture). I asked what you need. I haven't received an answer to that.
a valid PHOTO ID!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies