Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
So what's the link between minorities and ID cards? Reading posts here I'd say you're telling me minorities are too stupid to get an ID.
Its caring about a law that you know will suppress minorities from voting. The GOP only cares about this law because they know they will lose the minority vote and this will be a cloes election. Why can't they focus on securing more of the white vote instead of trying to harm blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This issue was settled by the Supreme Court in 2008 when they upheld in a 6-3 decision that the Indiana law requiring ID to vote was constitutional.

Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

Can anyone possibly doubt anymore that Obama considers himself to be above all branches of government, even the Supreme Court?
I think that is what angers so many people about him. He completely disregards anything that doesn't fit in with his agenda. He is abusing government power and resources by disregarding such and should be brought to task for such. I blame the other branches for this, they are failing in their duty to balance his actions.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Requiring the payment of money to vote is against the CONSTITUTION OF THE US! You know, the document that most RWs spend an hour or so a day reading?

I don't think there is a "large amount of voter fraud going on" and NO ONE has shown any proof that there is.

If such a law wouldn't suppress votes, the Rs would not be proposing it.
that is what i've been saying for the past two days. Republicans know this law favors them, that is why they care about this law so much.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Tts caring about a law that you know will suppress minorities from voting. The GOP only cares about this law because they know they will lose the minority vote and this will be a cloes election. Why can't they focus on securing more of the white vote instead of trying to harm blacks?
How does it suppress minorities from voting?

The costs are not high, and there are ways to get them for free, are you saying black people are that stupid? You seem to imply it by claiming they will be unable to vote due to such? Why do you have such a negative view of black people?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I think that is what angers so many people about him. He completely disregards anything that doesn't fit in with his agenda. He is abusing government power and resources by disregarding such and should be brought to task for such. I blame the other branches for this, they are failing in their duty to balance his actions.
Stop it, if this were a Republican he or she would be doing the samething to fit their conservative agenda. One example of this, caring about voter ID laws.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

The costs are not high, and there are ways to get them for free, are you saying black people are that stupid? You seem to imply it by claiming they will be unable to vote due to such? Why do you have such a negative view of black people?
Any cost is a violation of the constitution!

Quote:
that is what i've been saying for the past two days. Republicans know this law favors them, that is why they care about this law so much.

Explain.

How does it favor them?

Lay out your argument clearly please.

How will this law cause people not to vote and why? (specifically explain your reasoning process)

Quote:

I dont have a negative view of black people, its the GOP that does. They are the ones who think black people are stupid

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
So you are going to sit here and tell me that conservative judges don't decide what they want the outcome to be? Liberal judges have an agenda to protect minorities and the poor, and conserative judges try to harm the poor and minorities while helping out the rich. Each side has an agenda they want to enforce.
Why is it that Liberals "protect" the poor... yet we conservatives "harm". What can't you understand about the fact that by paying my share and sticking up for you to have the freedom to say what you do, that your biting the hand that feeds you? That just perhaps, we are "protecting" you too. We pay for your programs, we have to live by the will of yours that you impose on us, and all the while listen to how "bad" we are. I think that there are a lot of us that don't want the poor and the minorities to suffer, and if we could, we'd help them and yet let the hypocritical liberals get hung out to dry...

Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
There is very major fraud going on in the elections, especially near the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies